Muzak, LLC Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

Strategic Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Muzak, LLC.

one phone interview with a recruiter. I interviewed with the sales manager for 1 hour after that. After he gave the OK i spoke with the VP of sales by the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions were situation based questions. The rest was basic interview questions.   Answer Question

IT Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Muzak, LLC in June 2009.

very easy at the time i was hired.

Interview Questions
    i ask for the job and didn't get it at first then two days later i got a call and was told to have my butt at the office at 8am the next morning.

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Muzak, LLC in October 2012.

Initial phone screen by HR, followed by in person interview with Manager.

Anonymous Employee  in  White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Muzak, LLC in February 2012.

The first two interviews are phone interviews. The first interview was very easy, second interview consisted of "behavioral questions" where you had to address the situation, action, and result. Like "when did your networking experience result in a closed sale".

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you obtained a new customer through networking activities.   Answer Question

There's a reason why the company filed for bankruptcy in 2009, they don't invest much in their employees. The pay structure was commission draw. Which technically means after 6 months you're paying to work for them! They loan you money and you pay them back through your commissions. It's pretty much 100% commission after the first 6 months.
    4000/mo 6 months
    2000/mo 14 week
    1000/mo ongoing
    commissions 2-11% uncapped
    After 6 months if you can't at least pay them back $2000 a month you will be in debt to them. It's that simple. The commission of 2-11% sounds too low especially when some of their products only sell for $45/month!!!

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Muzak, LLC in March 2010.

Was notified by the HR contact that they were interested in interviewing. Came into their office in SC which is not too far from Charlotte. It was a very casual atmosphere that seemed conducive to a really nice working environment. The Hiring Manager asked me a series of general interview questions but specifically about launching new products. He was very hard to read so I'm not sure what went wrong as I was not given an offer. I even asked the "any concerns about my candidacy" question and I didn't get any substantial feedback from that. Overall, he seemed most concerned about "fit" with his current team members and my ability to launch new products which is somewhat of a more narrow scope that my experience.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Muzak, LLC in August 2009.

Got an email from my would-be manager requesting to set-up a time to come in for a 1:1. Once we met, the interview took about 30 minutes. An offer was made abot 2 weeks later.

Inside Interview

It was very easy, one interview over the phone

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Muzak, LLC in May 2011.

Had several phone interviews with HR. The next step was a phone interview with the new district Sales Manager. He was in the process of relocation to the area so a phone interview was required. The final interview was a a face to face meeting with the regional vice president. Each interview was around 45 minutes and rather laid back and conversational style. Even though some of the questions where tough i never felt put on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation in which you had to deal with an upset customer and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Muzak, LLC in January 2011.

The initial interview was on the phone with HR who's explanation and expectations of the position was very clear. A short online personality test followed. There was concern that I might be over qualified however, my resume was passed along to the Division Mgr. who opted to interview me in person. Several opportunities (geographic) in the division were presented to me and my next interview was with the Hiring Mgr. of the area that I was most interested in pursuing. Everyone I spoke with was professional, thorough and clearly enjoyed working with Muzak and optimistic about future growth of the organization. They were easy to talk with and I would have enjoyed working with everyone I met. The office is clearly an open, casual work environment and you don't have to go far to get the answers you might need in a working situation.

Interview Questions
    • There were no out of the ordinary interview questions that were presented. As in any interview situation, don't go in cold. Learn as much about the business as you can before going in and be prepared to ask questions.   Answer Question

The positions required relocation and with the fast paced growth of the company, they were in need of someone to fill the voids quickly.

Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Muzak, LLC in April 2012.

I was initially contacted by phone by a very nice woman in HR, based in the company headquarters in South Carolina. We had a nice chat about my resume, and she told me she would move me to the next round, which was another phone interview with a different person in the same office. We set a date and she called me right on time. She was nice as well, and our conversation lasted at least 45 minutes. Very detailed, she basically picked apart my resume word for word and asked more personality and job performance type questions. Typical material I've heard a thousand times, so that went well and I was moved ahead in the process for a 1:1 interview to take place the following week. The second interviewer emailed me the location of the in-person interview, and it turned out to be 100 miles from my apartment! And I don't have a car (I live in Manhattan). So, I borrowed a car and made the trip because the first two women who interviewed me were so polite and conscientious. I arrived on time at their "office," which is located in a very strange looking industrial park off the interstate. The woman interviewing me was nice, and it went very well. In fact, we talked for 90 minutes, a much longer time frame than what I was told. We said goodbye and she told me I would hear within a few days because they were looking to move on the position quickly. Of course, as is the case with corporate America these days, no one got back to me until I called and emailed twice. Finally received an automated reply with no signature attached. Complete waste of time, and lesson learned about driving 100 miles a job interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when a customer refused to budge on pricing yet you were still able to make the sale.   Answer Question

Worked for Muzak, LLC? Contribute to the Community!