Muzak, LLC

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Muzak, LLC in April 2012.

I was initially contacted by phone by a very nice woman in HR, based in the company headquarters in South Carolina. We had a nice chat about my resume, and she told me she would move me to the next round, which was another phone interview with a different person in the same office. We set a date and she called me right on time. She was nice as well, and our conversation lasted at least 45 minutes. Very detailed, she basically picked apart my resume word for word and asked more personality and job performance type questions. Typical material I've heard a thousand times, so that went well and I was moved ahead in the process for a 1:1 interview to take place the following week. The second interviewer emailed me the location of the in-person interview, and it turned out to be 100 miles from my apartment! And I don't have a car (I live in Manhattan). So, I borrowed a car and made the trip because the first two women who interviewed me were so polite and conscientious. I arrived on time at their "office," which is located in a very strange looking industrial park off the interstate. The woman interviewing me was nice, and it went very well. In fact, we talked for 90 minutes, a much longer time frame than what I was told. We said goodbye and she told me I would hear within a few days because they were looking to move on the position quickly. Of course, as is the case with corporate America these days, no one got back to me until I called and emailed twice. Finally received an automated reply with no signature attached. Complete waste of time, and lesson learned about driving 100 miles a job interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when a customer refused to budge on pricing yet you were still able to make the sale.   Answer Question