My College Guide

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Consultant Interview

Marketing Consultant
Palm Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at My College Guide in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very interesting interview process and was interested in the position due to the large amount of money promised. The owner of the company who is also the publisher was very nice in the beginning and was able to gain my trust quickly. There were many phone calls and emails exchanged. There was calling of all of my references and may questions and answers. I felt a little odd about the process but I really wanted a new job.

Interview Question – I was asked if I was set in my ways as a sales person. He asked if I was able to use strategies that are used by the publisher and if I would be willing to negotiate with clients. He asked if I had any issues with working from home and being commission only.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very difficult I was not able to negotiate anything in my contract. The owner of the company is an Attorney and set up the contract to only benefit the company.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for My College Guide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at My College Guide interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by My College Guide employees and interview candidates.