My Lineage

Very Difficult Interview

Historian Consultant Interview

Historian Consultant
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at My Lineage in October 2010.

Interview Details – Grueling 1st, 2nd and 3rd interview with the president as well as the 2 co-owners. They required that I memorize their script (7 pages) and present it to them while they tried to distract and deter my presentation.

They were very unprofessional, using profanity and even arguing between themselves at times.

The president of the company then had me in his office for nearly 2 hours, discussing non work related items.

Interview Question – What did you not like about your previous boss, and what did you do about it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was already qualified as a mid level manager, yet I was given an offer as a MIT, with advancement to management within 60 days. The owners had explained that any manager that they were considering for the position, would first have to start as a MIT, and then promote into the position after the 2 month probationary period.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at My Lineage in November 2010.

Interview Details – Posted my resume on CareerBuilder.com and was contacted by company President. Spoke on the phone three times and then came in for a F2F with him and a company Co-Founder, then the another company Co-Founder and then a few important people in the organization. Total time frame was about 4 weeks start to finish.

Interview Question – Do you or have you ever got in the way of your own success? Though I answered I've thought about this question at length since. It's a question I intend to ask myself at every job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Standard compensation package for all reps.

Worked for My Lineage? Contribute to the Community!