Interview Question

Advisory Associate Interview

My wife and I are going on vacation, where would you

recommend?
Answer

Interview Answer

26 Answers

Interview Candidate on Jun 20, 2012

haridwar i guess

Kaushal Chawda on Jan 13, 2013

My answer would be to always always listen to the wife, unless it is the wife directly asking for the recommendations. :)

Drj on Jan 17, 2013

Cabo!

Joe on Jan 17, 2013

Cancun for her. New Jersey for you.

her boyfriend on Jan 17, 2013

Hire me, so you can go soon.

ektormelendez on Jan 17, 2013

any cruise - it is romantic, she can wear what-ever since you will not see anyone you know and -- what happens on a cruise . . . .

Dude on Jan 17, 2013

This question could violate some protected classes by tricking someone into disclosing protected information. It's a very personal question disguised as a non-personal question. Wherever you suggest says way more about you than anything else. You suggest a party destination and you look like a partier. You suggest a cruise and you lack imagination. Suggest a destination like Israel, or Vatican City and you give faith away. Suggest your home country and you disclose national origin. Suggest a popular gay destination or a family destination and you have disclosed those things. I think this is a crappy question because "Why" pretty much has to follow and whatever you like about a place is going to really reveal way too much. And sadly interviewers can't be trusted to not use that information to discriminate against a person.

Anonymous on Jan 17, 2013

Stay home on vacation. Be a tourist in your own home town! It stimulates local economy and you can learn some very interesting history and meet interesting locals that you probably wouldn't have otherwise. -- Then suggest local museums, parks, restaurant and festivals...

shayne on Jan 17, 2013

Somewhere you've never been before which has a distinctly foreign culture. Nothing expands the mind or broadens the perspective like experiencing something completely new.

Jim on Jan 18, 2013

Some place far away, exotic but with civilized top level accomodations. A place where things are much less expensive than in California. A place she can take her friends on later trips, a place with beaches, mountains and ancient cities to tour. A place with lots of pretty girls and handsome me. Our living room on a Saturday afternoon.

Dan C on Jan 19, 2013

Should have typed "pretty girls and handsome men" I wouldn't fit the bill.

Dan C on Jan 19, 2013

Far away on a long vacation because you will have me to do the work.

Mariana on Jan 19, 2013

With productivity and stress sky high anymore because anyone below the level of VP is doing the work of what used to be spread among two or three, I'd recommend staying home and recuperating.

Rob on Jan 21, 2013

I would first ask a couple of questions:
1. What type of vacation do you prefer: a) On the beach, b) outdoor + sports, c) sightseeing + culture, d) party + seek contact to persons of the opposite sex, e) shopping.
2. What time of the year do you want to go?
3. What budget do you have?
4. How long do you want to go?
5. Depending on answer to question 1, I would ask one last question about interests.

Then I would make a recommendation.

Helga on Jan 22, 2013

"If you are asking me for vacation advice, you may want to consider changing the position you are interviewing me for to experienced travel agent or marriage counselor.

However, I would need more time to prepare for this line of questioning. Perhaps I can I call your wife to chat with her about her position on your travel research?"

AlexMarshall on Jan 22, 2013

I would say make a special questionnaire up for my wife to fill out with as much information as your wife wishes to input the top ten most important romantic things you would wish to do and have on your dream vacation that would make it a great dream vacation
Then after you get back the top ten things have some fun give her another questionnaire of 4 or 5 things multiple choice or other after looking for a place to go that has the most of those things or all on her list and then put down choice a b c with some stuff you might want to do instead of that might be better see what she choices and send back get your answers again for her and just have fun with the rest making it happen if she says for example she wants be warm with a waterfall or a beach make sure you find somewhere with a private or secluded warm without poisonous deadly things in the water like gators do some research have fun or maybe hire me for that research any how whatever you decide to do I’m sure it will all work out and I’m sure you can do whatever you set your mind to

Aaron on Jan 24, 2013

if you dont mind, let me discuss with your wife..

sam on Jan 24, 2013

I would recommend Thomas Cook...

Adil Abidi on Jan 27, 2013

what is this thing u call "wife"?

gaston on Jan 27, 2013

The question to ask is, are you a married man and a woman, married 2 men, or married 2 women? One group would feel more comfortable going to the Vatican, while the others would just check out Rome.

Better still, I would recommend Venice, Italy to one group, and Venice, California to the other two.

topo gigio on Jan 28, 2013

Why u r asking anybody,you will only go there where your wife order you

mahesh duseja on Jan 29, 2013

I would reccomend Tijuana Mexico.

Allister Crowley on Mar 7, 2013

"It would be easy for me to plan a vacation for myself." Big smile! "But since I don't know you or your wife very well, tell me about your favorite vacation and what made it special for you both."

Anon on Apr 21, 2013

"As good as this interview is going, I'd say a nice hotel in Scandinavia would be great for you. Oh, did I say a nice hotel...I meant an ICE hotel."

Mongo only pawn on Oct 2, 2013