MyBuys

Updated Jul 11, 2014
Updated Jul 11, 2014

3.1

Software Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MyBuys in June 2014.

The interview was 30 mins on the phone with one of the senior engineers, followed by about 5 hours onsite. All went great via the phone, got called in, aced it with 4 engineers. Then spoke with a Dir (went good from my point of view). The recruiter emailed me that they gave all thumbs up. The final talk with a CTO who was previously on vacation. Met him for an hour, they promised to get back to me within about a week. Today I got an email from the recruiter that they declined, "not enough machine learning experience" (I got 3.5 years of practical success)... I've heard from some of the engs that their process is slow, many good candidates didn't make it due to that. Even though I was not shocked to get shot down, I attribute this twist on the CTO 100%. I was kind of warned of that by some engs, that he is not an easy one for many reasons. Overall, while the place looked OK, it felt empty, not vibrant, and given they have some serious competition from RocketFuel and others I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about matrix optimization, previous projects, collections framework, random campaigns selections.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Dropped out of interview process. From the second I walked in I could tell it was a toxic culture. Everyone was silent and looked absolutely miserable, questions werent really asking for insight into who I was but seeing if they could trip me up talking about my resume. Also asked really rude questions like--If you're so great why are you interviewing this late?

BDA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MyBuys.

Preliminary phone interview, which went well. I was scheduled for an in-person interview, but since some of the people I was scheduled to interview with had conflicts, I had to wait a month between the phone and in-office interview. I met with about 6 different employees, all who had their hands in different aspects of the company. Some of the employees did not have time to look at my resume beforehand, so it was somewhat awkward for me to sit in front of them while they looked it over. Everyone was very friendly and the office seemed like an enjoyable place to work.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about aspects of the company (I looked at/studied these beforehand on their website), however when I answered the questions, the individual said I was "wrong" even though I went back to check the website and the information I stated was clearly printed on its own page of their site.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MyBuys in September 2013.

It started with about a 45 minute interview with the head of HR. He was a very nice guy and invited me for an in person interview approx. a week later. I interviewed with 6 different people in 4 different groups over about 3 hours time. I thought the interview went pretty well, the space was great and very start-up but their was one interviewer who held the current position that seemed a bit strange compared to the others but overall a great experience. I didn't end up an offer which is fine but I did expect an email telling me so. I gave up half a work day to come in and I expect that to be the least they can do.

Interview Questions
    • When I was interviewing with the 2 businessmen (non-design related) some off topic questions were asked but nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Engagement Manager/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at MyBuys in August 2013.

There were three interviews in the process. Two telephone and one personal. The telephone interviews were handled by the Human Resource Manager and the Head of the Department for which you are interviewing. The personal interview involves meeting several key members of the team from different disciplines within the company. The approach that is taken is very courteous, yet direct, but very enjoyable. You are asked many tough questions, but nothing that isn't expected. If anything, the overall process is very enlightening and you walk away appreciating the interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why am I considering leaving my current job which is very good for an opportunity at MyBuys?   View Answer

Client Success Manager Interview

Your typically interviewed by several people in the company. They try to give you fair understanding of what your position is.

Interview Questions
    • Ask them how often Sales and Client Success team hit their full target on on Commission. Typically less than half 12 months a year so pay you think you will get never comes.   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate for some positions, others they will.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MyBuys in April 2012.

Was not really that great of an interview. It was really informal. Did not really ask me a whole lot of questions. The job description was pretty vague and I wasn't sure what the position entailed. Did not receive any follow up from him, or notification of another interview.

BDA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MyBuys in May 2011.

Started with a phone interview, followed by a group interview, then one on one interviews with upper management.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 to 5 years   View Answer
    None. You are offered a position with a salary & chances for commission and benefits. Benefits are good, pay & commission are low if you are successful

Not Specified Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

The process took a dayinterviewed at MyBuys in February 2011.

I had an excellent interview experience. Spoke with a 7 MyBuys employees across different disciplines. People were courteous, enthusiastic, and helpful. No trick questions, no games. Simply a sincere desire to see how I could help the company. I ended up joining and have found the same on the inside.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MyBuys in July 2010.

Very diverse approach to interview process. Had the ability to probe the mind and culture by talking with management as well as team members. Skills test was more challenging that I anticipated and was a fairly good measure of skills.

People were friendly, welcoming, and seemed to be a team. Indications that personal growth was valued and the culture was very start-up like.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions about how to use a given function or method.   Answer Question

The position was not fitting in the direction of my career path. I liked the organization and the people I met, and their new office location is prime in Downtown Ann Arbor, but it was not the fit I wanted.