MyEyeDr. Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.3

Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MyEyeDr..

Quick. Less like an interview more like an offer. Just explained the position and asked about my availability and my previous experience with similar work. Pretty simple interview. Lasted less than thirty minutes. Very simple very easy. Received my offer call the next day after my references were contacted. Tried to negotiate but because of my lack of optical experience I couldn't negotiate what I ultimately wanted.

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Filled out an application and two weeks received an email saying they would like to speak further with me. Called HR. Voice mail was full. Sent an email. Recruiter emailed back asking to schedule a phone interview. Never heard back from the recruiter after promptly responded. I wish I could say I had a positive experience with My Eye Dr, but I never had the opportunity to speak with someone about the job. If the position has been filled, email people back. If you don't have time and need to reschedule, email people back. Common courtesy.

Eyewear Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MyEyeDr..

very basic. met with HR, got passed off to other mgrs. was a major waiting game between them

Interview Questions
    very simple. I was made an offer over phone, I pushed for a little higher. HR called me back with the ok with in minutes

Optometrist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at MyEyeDr..

Initial process was via e-mail back and forth. Then it went to become phone call conversations to get the feel of the other person on the phone. Physical interview was not able to be done due to time conflicts, so video interview was done.

The process was very straight forward and very relaxed. Informal probably due to the fact that the interviewer and I have already communicated several times already and felt very comfortable with each other.

Interview Questions
    • "Are you able to multitask a busy retail environment??"   View Answer
    Very easy. We both knew what we wanted from each other.

Corp Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MyEyeDr..

I was sourced by in house recruiter. 2 interviews before offer was made. Very busy environment! Our interview was interrupted by people but that gave me a good idea about the culture - people want answers when they need answers!

Negotiation was straight forward. No surprises.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at MyEyeDr..

The interview process here at MyEyeDr. is a 3-part process. The candidate does a Phone Interview with the Human Resources office, and then the candidate has a face-to-face interview with the Human Resources office. Lastly, the candidate has a face-to-face interview with the District Manager, or Hiring Manager who is in charge of the hiring for the respective department they are interviewing for at the time.

Interview Questions
    • There are several questions we ask about the company. At MyEyeDr. we are only seeking people who are going to be dedicated to leadership and growth for our company. We want reliable people who take thier employment seriously but also like to have FUN! If you are able to do some research online about the company, have a solid understanding of the position you are applying to, as well as clear cut examples from your past work experience that demonstrate that you are able to fullfill a role here at MyEyeDr. then we are looking for you!   Answer Question
    It was fantastic!

General Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MyEyeDr..

One interview, with extensive questions on management and views on the optical industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MyEyeDr. in March 2011.

It was a very straight forward interview. They asked about my sales experience, whether or not I've been in the optical industry beforehand, why I wanted to get into the industry. They wanted to make sure I had a flexible schedule (Saturday hours) and was good working with customers.
    I had a couple of glowing employee recommendations and It felt like the interview was a bit more of a formality.

Interview Questions
    • This was a very straight forward interview, nothing I hadn't prepared for.   Answer Question
    I was stupid not to try and get a little more, but their initial offer was what I was going to ask for.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at MyEyeDr. in November 2009.

I was referred to the hiring manager by a current employee who called me for the interview. They asked me about my past jobs. Asked me if I was interested in eye wear sales instead of Lab Technician. They asked me if I can mock sell them a pair of glasses. What I would like to sell with the glasses. They asked if I had experience with insurance. Etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MyEyeDr. in January 2009.

First there is a phone interview to check personality and verbal communication. If they like what they hear, they set up a face to face interview at the corporate office. You are asked to bring proof of current salary as well as a copy of your resume. It is best to dress as you would if hired for the interview and to be yourself. The HR department does not like being mislead. It's a very laid back setting and you don't feel like you are being grilled. They make you feel as if You are interviewing Them!!

Interview Questions
    For the most part, the salary negotiation is very simple. They don't low-ball you. You get a very competitive offer on the spot if they like you. The only thing I had to negotiate was my schedule, as I can not work on Wednesdays. Be up front about your needs , salary and otherwise. Most likely they can meet you on them.