MyEyeDr.

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Eyewear Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MyEyeDr..

Interview Details – very basic. met with HR, got passed off to other mgrs. was a major waiting game between them

Interview Question – nothing. VERY VERY basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very simple. I was made an offer over phone, I pushed for a little higher. HR called me back with the ok with in minutes

Optometrist Interview

Optometrist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at MyEyeDr..

Interview Details – Initial process was via e-mail back and forth. Then it went to become phone call conversations to get the feel of the other person on the phone. Physical interview was not able to be done due to time conflicts, so video interview was done.

The process was very straight forward and very relaxed. Informal probably due to the fact that the interviewer and I have already communicated several times already and felt very comfortable with each other.

Interview Question – "Are you able to multitask a busy retail environment??"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very easy. We both knew what we wanted from each other.

Corp Staff Interview

Corp Staff

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MyEyeDr..

Interview Details – I was sourced by in house recruiter. 2 interviews before offer was made. Very busy environment! Our interview was interrupted by people but that gave me a good idea about the culture - people want answers when they need answers!

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was straight forward. No surprises.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MyEyeDr..

Interview Details – The interview process here at MyEyeDr. is a 3-part process. The candidate does a Phone Interview with the Human Resources office, and then the candidate has a face-to-face interview with the Human Resources office. Lastly, the candidate has a face-to-face interview with the District Manager, or Hiring Manager who is in charge of the hiring for the respective department they are interviewing for at the time.

Interview Question – There are several questions we ask about the company. At MyEyeDr. we are only seeking people who are going to be dedicated to leadership and growth for our company. We want reliable people who take thier employment seriously but also like to have FUN! If you are able to do some research online about the company, have a solid understanding of the position you are applying to, as well as clear cut examples from your past work experience that demonstrate that you are able to fullfill a role here at MyEyeDr. then we are looking for you!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was fantastic!

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at MyEyeDr..

Interview Details – One interview, with extensive questions on management and views on the optical industry.

Interview Question – What are your views on sales?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MyEyeDr. in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was a very straight forward interview. They asked about my sales experience, whether or not I've been in the optical industry beforehand, why I wanted to get into the industry. They wanted to make sure I had a flexible schedule (Saturday hours) and was good working with customers.
I had a couple of glowing employee recommendations and It felt like the interview was a bit more of a formality.

Interview Question – This was a very straight forward interview, nothing I hadn't prepared for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was stupid not to try and get a little more, but their initial offer was what I was going to ask for.

Very Easy Interview

Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MyEyeDr. in January 2009.

Interview Details – First there is a phone interview to check personality and verbal communication. If they like what they hear, they set up a face to face interview at the corporate office. You are asked to bring proof of current salary as well as a copy of your resume. It is best to dress as you would if hired for the interview and to be yourself. The HR department does not like being mislead. It's a very laid back setting and you don't feel like you are being grilled. They make you feel as if You are interviewing Them!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – For the most part, the salary negotiation is very simple. They don't low-ball you. You get a very competitive offer on the spot if they like you. The only thing I had to negotiate was my schedule, as I can not work on Wednesdays. Be up front about your needs , salary and otherwise. Most likely they can meet you on them.

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician
Vienna, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at MyEyeDr. in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred to the hiring manager by a current employee who called me for the interview. They asked me about my past jobs. Asked me if I was interested in eye wear sales instead of Lab Technician. They asked me if I can mock sell them a pair of glasses. What I would like to sell with the glasses. They asked if I had experience with insurance. Etc.

Interview Question – They asked me to sell them a pair of glasses.   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

Regional Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MyEyeDr. in March 2010.

Interview Details – Took quite a while to actually hear from the HR department. Started with a phone interview and then a semi-group interview with another Regional Manager, Director of HR, and the President of the company.

Interview Questions

• Would you take this job if i offered you only 40,000 to start?   View Answer
  • Can you read a pair of progressives? ( Will send you to lab to check your answer!)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The president decides all offers to any member of management and will always start extremely low. Expect to negotiate an additional 10K.

Optician Interview

Optician

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MyEyeDr. in June 2010.

Interview Details – nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – what is the most important piece of equipment in the store?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – figures discussed were either forgotten about or documented incorrectly.

Worked for MyEyeDr.? Contribute to the Community!