MySpace

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MySpace in January 2009.

Interview Details – It was a one-week process, as they were in a high-growth phase and needed bodies quickly. There was one initial interview with the hiring manager, then two follow-up interviews with other staff members. Questions were straightforward -- no curveballs. Cultural fit and passion for the product seemed to be the top priority.

Interview Question – Really none to speak of. I was asked what 1-2 things I would do to improve MySpace, which was easy to answer at the time because the site was still popular/growing, so I had tons of ideas. But if someone were asked that question now... yikes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick, straightforward. I think it was two phone calls over two days. The offer wasn't anything to write home about, but the site was so popular at the time that they had all the leverage. Didn't get them to budge much.

Director Interview

Director
Beverly Hills, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MySpace in May 2008.

Interview Details – This company is totally wrecked - I had 4 great interviews and was actually excited about the position. Weeks of excuses ("I'm trying to get ahold of the hiring manager", "So and so is on vacation", "We are waiting to hear from your references") filled a void of real information. I was jerked around on job title, who the position reports to, salary that went from (slightly) above average to well below. Only after hearing that I had received an offer from another company did someone take their head out of the sand and finally commit to making me an offer.

Interview Question – How would you help MySpace overcome the Facebook challenge?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Simply, they jerked me around and did not make an offer in time. I did not feel valued by the organization or the people I interviewed with. It left a very sour, although poignant, taste in my mouth.

Interviews for Top Jobs at MySpace

Worked for MySpace? Contribute to the Community!