MySpace Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2014
Updated May 5, 2014

Market Research Manager Interview

Multiple stages with in depth questioning of past management experience. Phone/Email/In Person Interview

Community Artist Moderator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MySpace.

One phone call interview and one in person interview before they make the final decision.

Intern Interview

The interview process was fairly informal, as it seemed to be somewhere in between a tour and an interview. As this was a fairly long time ago, I can't remember any specific questions that I was asked. I can say that there weren't any questions that hit me off guard, as they were simple questions with the intent to get to know the applicant.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online – interviewed at MySpace.

The whole process was fairly standard. Phone interview. In-person interview with a designer and person from product team. I crush the interview, my work was by far better than anything I've seen in Myspace to date. Ultimately I was led on by the recruiter and after several follow-up emails she didn't even have the decency to tell me it was no. What a joke and highly insulting.

The offices seemed cool, great location but abandoned. Like a company that is loosing millions of dollars a year.

Interview Questions
    • They told me Myspace is totally changing the direction of the company, vision and product but couldn't give me any details, at all. And with that they tried to ask me how I would redesign Myspace by looking at the current (horrible) site. I was interviewing for Visual Designer not Creative Director.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

interviewed at MySpace in December 2012.

I applied through a recruiter who were quick to set up the phone screen.
    Phone screen was about an hour long. I was asked questions about basic java concepts, multithreading, design patterns, hibernate etc. Overall the interview went all.

Next I was called for an in person round, however it was just a coding exercise test conducted onsite. I was given a problem and laptop and was asked to code the solution in about 2-3hrs.

The office building looked awesome, however the place looked very deserted, not sure if it's because not a lot of people work there anymore or because everyone decided to take off at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • Mutex vs Semaphone, Multithreading, Transactions in spring, hibernate configurations, design pattern - builder, factory, abstract factory, TCP vs UDP, coding exercise on reading csv and xml and printing some data   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MySpace in January 2011.

I had one round of telephonic interview and then in person interview with 2 QA people

Financial Software POsition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MySpace in October 2010.

Initially asked for online assessment test. Then recruiter contacted me for an oncampus interview. Two friendly guys did 1:1 interview on Operating Systems and Algorithms. OS questions I got confused. But discussed lots of complexities and stuff about trees and maps in C++. Still waiting for the reply.

Interview Questions
    • How do you find the combinations for abc in given inputs of strings. Like acb,bca,cab etc.   View Answer
    • Print level 'l' of binary search tree.   View Answer
    • difference between stack and heap.   View Answer
    • WHich datastructure STL map is based on.   View Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at MySpace in June 2010.

It was a normal panel of multiple groups of devs asking the same questions, what is this used for and made me write some code in regards to something they had written on the board. asp.net and css and javascript. It wasn't bad to make it work but you had to rememember every possible input that could be brought in. But just be prepared to do .net only and sql server.

Interview Questions
    • In .net take a list of integers and return the smallest one there,   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MySpace in May 2010.

There were multiple positions listed that seemed like a good fit, so I started by finding someone on linkedin who held a relevant position, and started a conversation with them.

We talked back and forth about a few different things, and about my background before I submitted my resume and was granted an interview.

Once my resume was submitted, the manager responsible for setting up the interview scheduled a time, and then emailed me to cancel, shortly before the interview was to occur. It took a few days of back and forth emailing to get the interview successfully scheduled when a simple phone call or two would have accomplished the same result much more quickly and easily.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were designed to gauge how one would handle operating in a large distributed server environment, where application and server performance tuning happen on the live production systems.   Answer Question
    • They asked questions about resolving issues within their production environment, e.g. how do you replicate the contents of a filesystem containing 10 or 100s of thousands of small files across the network from a backup, onto a new server, in a managable timeframe?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at MySpace in May 2010.

I was contacted by the manager to schedule an interview. I follwed up and the date was set up. I showed up to the office and had a great interview. I then followed up a couple days later and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiation.