MySpace

Getting the Interview

29 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Database Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MySpace in February 2009.

Interview Details – tough tech questions, but if you studied for the interview you should be fine

Interview Question – what do you do if a server is down and the person on the phone gives you no more details?   View Answer

Community Artist Moderator Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MySpace.

Interview Details – One phone call interview and one in person interview before they make the final decision.

Interview Question – Philosophy of product help.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MySpace in April 2009.

Interview Details – Nice process. Called and not too difficult. Easy discussion. Good review of my skills. Nice recruiter, and easy going conversation.

Interview Question – Would I mind moving to California. That was a definite "yes".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy. Offer was great. Sign on moving bonus was great. No problems. Nice people. Still friends with them.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at MySpace

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly informal, as it seemed to be somewhere in between a tour and an interview. As this was a fairly long time ago, I can't remember any specific questions that I was asked. I can say that there weren't any questions that hit me off guard, as they were simple questions with the intent to get to know the applicant.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Beverly Hills, CA

I interviewed at MySpace in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through a recruiter who were quick to set up the phone screen.
Phone screen was about an hour long. I was asked questions about basic java concepts, multithreading, design patterns, hibernate etc. Overall the interview went all.

Next I was called for an in person round, however it was just a coding exercise test conducted onsite. I was given a problem and laptop and was asked to code the solution in about 2-3hrs.

The office building looked awesome, however the place looked very deserted, not sure if it's because not a lot of people work there anymore or because everyone decided to take off at the same time.

Interview Question – Mutex vs Semaphone, Multithreading, Transactions in spring, hibernate configurations, design pattern - builder, factory, abstract factory, TCP vs UDP, coding exercise on reading csv and xml and printing some data   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MySpace in January 2009.

Interview Details – It was a one-week process, as they were in a high-growth phase and needed bodies quickly. There was one initial interview with the hiring manager, then two follow-up interviews with other staff members. Questions were straightforward -- no curveballs. Cultural fit and passion for the product seemed to be the top priority.

Interview Question – Really none to speak of. I was asked what 1-2 things I would do to improve MySpace, which was easy to answer at the time because the site was still popular/growing, so I had tons of ideas. But if someone were asked that question now... yikes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick, straightforward. I think it was two phone calls over two days. The offer wasn't anything to write home about, but the site was so popular at the time that they had all the leverage. Didn't get them to budge much.

Visual Designer Interview

Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online and interviewed at MySpace.

Interview Details – The whole process was fairly standard. Phone interview. In-person interview with a designer and person from product team. I crush the interview, my work was by far better than anything I've seen in Myspace to date. Ultimately I was led on by the recruiter and after several follow-up emails she didn't even have the decency to tell me it was no. What a joke and highly insulting.

The offices seemed cool, great location but abandoned. Like a company that is loosing millions of dollars a year.

Interview Question – They told me Myspace is totally changing the direction of the company, vision and product but couldn't give me any details, at all. And with that they tried to ask me how I would redesign Myspace by looking at the current (horrible) site. I was interviewing for Visual Designer not Creative Director.   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MySpace in October 2008.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview, and one three hour in person interview. This was the most organized technical interview I have ever been on. The architect had three exercises for me to do. A batching exercise, a partition exercise, and something about service broker. The hiring process was fast, so expect a call within a few days after the interview if things went well.

Interview Question – I was not expecting to be asked about horizontal partitioning. They deal with quite a bit of data over there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straightforward. The offer was good, and I took it.

QA Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MySpace in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had one round of telephonic interview and then in person interview with 2 QA people

Interview Question – How do u test a light?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MySpace in November 2009.

Interview Details – Very well organized and planned by HR. Interviewers were very friendly. Offered me coffee and took me out for lunch. Did not make me nervous. Very dynamic and young talent. Relaxed work environment and good balace of life and work. Office is located in Beverly Hills and very nice area.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze the data to predict trend?   Answer Question
  • Give me the past secnario where you accoplished something that was recognized by your manager?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at MySpace

Worked for MySpace? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MySpace interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by MySpace employees and interview candidates.