MySpace

www.myspace.com

MySpace Interview Questions

Data Warehouse Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MySpace in May 2009.

Very formal written exam followed by a panel interview. I was a little surprised that no one seemed interested in my experience but just the answers to the test questions. I also was surprised being asked the same question over and over again as if it was a new question by one of the Director level interviewers. Make me think she had absolutely no idea was she was talking about or hearing.

Also got the what's "Select 5/2" in MySQL question. The answer is 2 because its the result of two integers.

Interview Questions
    • Write the sql for finding the two most populous cities per state in the two tables city and state.   View Answer

Senior Manager, Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MySpace in December 2009.

it was long and there were many different individuals providing input

Interview Questions
    • If you have to wear the hats of project manager and engineering manager at the same time, do you see a conflict of interest and if so, how do you reconcile it?   Answer Question
    • What can you tell me about the benefits of using agile methodologies such as scrum?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MySpace in March 2010.

After a lot of confusion, they finally schedule a phone interview and give me just a couple of hours notice. Interviewer sounded unprepared and questions were very vague.

Interview Questions
    • How would you do atomic operation using C# and .NET   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MySpace in May 2010.

There were multiple positions listed that seemed like a good fit, so I started by finding someone on linkedin who held a relevant position, and started a conversation with them.

We talked back and forth about a few different things, and about my background before I submitted my resume and was granted an interview.

Once my resume was submitted, the manager responsible for setting up the interview scheduled a time, and then emailed me to cancel, shortly before the interview was to occur. It took a few days of back and forth emailing to get the interview successfully scheduled when a simple phone call or two would have accomplished the same result much more quickly and easily.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were designed to gauge how one would handle operating in a large distributed server environment, where application and server performance tuning happen on the live production systems.   Answer Question
    • They asked questions about resolving issues within their production environment, e.g. how do you replicate the contents of a filesystem containing 10 or 100s of thousands of small files across the network from a backup, onto a new server, in a managable timeframe?   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MySpace in January 2011.

I had one round of telephonic interview and then in person interview with 2 QA people

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MySpace in October 2008.

I had one phone interview, and one three hour in person interview. This was the most organized technical interview I have ever been on. The architect had three exercises for me to do. A batching exercise, a partition exercise, and something about service broker. The hiring process was fast, so expect a call within a few days after the interview if things went well.

Interview Questions
    • I was not expecting to be asked about horizontal partitioning. They deal with quite a bit of data over there.   Answer Question
    Very straightforward. The offer was good, and I took it.

Database Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MySpace in February 2009.

tough tech questions, but if you studied for the interview you should be fine

Interview Questions
    • what do you do if a server is down and the person on the phone gives you no more details?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at MySpace in May 2010.

I was contacted by the manager to schedule an interview. I follwed up and the date was set up. I showed up to the office and had a great interview. I then followed up a couple days later and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiation.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at MySpace in January 2009.

It was a one-week process, as they were in a high-growth phase and needed bodies quickly. There was one initial interview with the hiring manager, then two follow-up interviews with other staff members. Questions were straightforward -- no curveballs. Cultural fit and passion for the product seemed to be the top priority.

Interview Questions
    • Really none to speak of. I was asked what 1-2 things I would do to improve MySpace, which was easy to answer at the time because the site was still popular/growing, so I had tons of ideas. But if someone were asked that question now... yikes.   Answer Question
    Quick, straightforward. I think it was two phone calls over two days. The offer wasn't anything to write home about, but the site was so popular at the time that they had all the leverage. Didn't get them to budge much.

Community Artist Moderator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MySpace.

One phone call interview and one in person interview before they make the final decision.