MySpace

30 candidate interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Redmond, WA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at MySpace in March 2010.

Interview Details – After a lot of confusion, they finally schedule a phone interview and give me just a couple of hours notice. Interviewer sounded unprepared and questions were very vague.

Interview Question – How would you do atomic operation using C# and .NET   View Answer

Senior Manager, Engineering Interview

Senior Manager, Engineering
Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MySpace in December 2009.

Interview Details – it was long and there were many different individuals providing input

Interview Questions

• If you have to wear the hats of project manager and engineering manager at the same time, do you see a conflict of interest and if so, how do you reconcile it?   Answer Question
  • What can you tell me about the benefits of using agile methodologies such as scrum?   Answer Question

QA Interview

QA
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MySpace in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had one round of telephonic interview and then in person interview with 2 QA people

Interview Question – How do u test a light?   Answer Question

Data Warehouse Architect Interview

Data Warehouse Architect
Beverly Hills, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at MySpace in May 2009.

Interview Details – Very formal written exam followed by a panel interview. I was a little surprised that no one seemed interested in my experience but just the answers to the test questions. I also was surprised being asked the same question over and over again as if it was a new question by one of the Director level interviewers. Make me think she had absolutely no idea was she was talking about or hearing.

Also got the what's "Select 5/2" in MySQL question. The answer is 2 because its the result of two integers.

Interview Question – Write the sql for finding the two most populous cities per state in the two tables city and state.   View Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MySpace in February 2009.

Interview Details – tough tech questions, but if you studied for the interview you should be fine

Interview Question – what do you do if a server is down and the person on the phone gives you no more details?   View Answer

Database Developer Interview

Database Developer
Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MySpace in October 2008.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview, and one three hour in person interview. This was the most organized technical interview I have ever been on. The architect had three exercises for me to do. A batching exercise, a partition exercise, and something about service broker. The hiring process was fast, so expect a call within a few days after the interview if things went well.

Interview Question – I was not expecting to be asked about horizontal partitioning. They deal with quite a bit of data over there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straightforward. The offer was good, and I took it.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MySpace in May 2010.

Interview Details – There were multiple positions listed that seemed like a good fit, so I started by finding someone on linkedin who held a relevant position, and started a conversation with them.

We talked back and forth about a few different things, and about my background before I submitted my resume and was granted an interview.

Once my resume was submitted, the manager responsible for setting up the interview scheduled a time, and then emailed me to cancel, shortly before the interview was to occur. It took a few days of back and forth emailing to get the interview successfully scheduled when a simple phone call or two would have accomplished the same result much more quickly and easily.

Interview Questions

• The questions were designed to gauge how one would handle operating in a large distributed server environment, where application and server performance tuning happen on the live production systems.   Answer Question
  • They asked questions about resolving issues within their production environment, e.g. how do you replicate the contents of a filesystem containing 10 or 100s of thousands of small files across the network from a backup, onto a new server, in a managable timeframe?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at MySpace in January 2007.

Interview Details – position found via LinkedIn, sheduled and conducted a phone interview dering lunch break, panel of 2 project managers, they had a friendly attitude with the standard interview questioins. they answered questions about the company culture and made it sound like a hard work but frendly environment.

Interview Question – standard questions "tell me about yourself..."   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at MySpace in June 2010.

Interview Details – It was a normal panel of multiple groups of devs asking the same questions, what is this used for and made me write some code in regards to something they had written on the board. asp.net and css and javascript. It wasn't bad to make it work but you had to rememember every possible input that could be brought in. But just be prepared to do .net only and sql server.

Interview Question – In .net take a list of integers and return the smallest one there,   View Answer

Financial Software POsition Interview

Financial Software POsition
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MySpace in October 2010.

Interview Details – Initially asked for online assessment test. Then recruiter contacted me for an oncampus interview. Two friendly guys did 1:1 interview on Operating Systems and Algorithms. OS questions I got confused. But discussed lots of complexities and stuff about trees and maps in C++. Still waiting for the reply.

Interview Questions

• How do you find the combinations for abc in given inputs of strings. Like acb,bca,cab etc.   View Answer
  • Print level 'l' of binary search tree.   View Answer
  • difference between stack and heap.   View Answer
  • WHich datastructure STL map is based on.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at MySpace

Worked for MySpace? Contribute to the Community!