MySpace Interview Questions

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MySpace (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I submitted a resume and got called for a phone screen interview. The non-technical interviewer had a set of relatively easy questions regarding Windows administration. For instance, how do you list the network interfaces in windows, what command is used to update group policy, what is the subnet mask for a /23 address, etc. I had applied for a security role. I got around 70% of the questions right (through my experience as a user, not an admin) but was not called for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What command is used to update group policy?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MySpace (Redmond, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

After a lot of confusion, they finally schedule a phone interview and give me just a couple of hours notice. Interviewer sounded unprepared and questions were very vague.

Interview Questions

• How would you do atomic operation using C# and .NET   1 Answer

Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at MySpace (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

The overall process was very quick. It involved a quick phone interview followed by an in person interview where 2 superiors and 2 peers went through general interview questions about background, skill sets, goals, etc. I was presented with questions regarding worst-case scenarios as well as personality questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if you had too much work on your plate?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable

Senior Manager, Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MySpace (Beverly Hills, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

it was long and there were many different individuals providing input

Interview Questions

• If you have to wear the hats of project manager and engineering manager at the same time, do you see a conflict of interest and if so, how do you reconcile it?   Answer Question
    • What can you tell me about the benefits of using agile methodologies such as scrum?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MySpace (Beverly Hills, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Very well organized and planned by HR. Interviewers were very friendly. Offered me coffee and took me out for lunch. Did not make me nervous. Very dynamic and young talent. Relaxed work environment and good balace of life and work. Office is located in Beverly Hills and very nice area.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze the data to predict trend?   Answer Question
    • Give me the past secnario where you accoplished something that was recognized by your manager?   Answer Question

Data Warehouse Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MySpace (Beverly Hills, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Very formal written exam followed by a panel interview. I was a little surprised that no one seemed interested in my experience but just the answers to the test questions. I also was surprised being asked the same question over and over again as if it was a new question by one of the Director level interviewers. Make me think she had absolutely no idea was she was talking about or hearing. Also got the what's "Select 5/2" in MySQL question. The answer is 2 because its the result of two integers.

Interview Questions

• Write the sql for finding the two most populous cities per state in the two tables city and state.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MySpace (Beverly Hills, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Most questions were technical. Was asked many of the things that were in School Books. That is the interviewer had picked up theoretical questions from a Text book.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Design patterns.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. Negotiation is pretty. Negotiate hard for good salary.

Data Warehouse Architect Interview

Application

Interview

The process started with a phone screen, where in one of the manager asked the same question many times. It was just weird. And some of the questions were absolutely irrelevant to the job or even this domain. Then I was called in for the face2face. The same person ( who spoke on the phone asking the same question ) asked the same question again ? Even more weird was the question ( often repeated ) as what I'd do the first day, in detail ? Then these guys live in stone age - they gave a question paper for a written test ( they called "tech evaluation" ). Some of the questions had typo's ( they acknowledged that after in the group discussion as "oh yeah you're right, its there... " ) Then one senior architect interviewed and he was great in his 1:1. Then it followed with a "panel interview". The written test I had given, literally as torn apart into pages/sheets and the panel, in front of me started to go thro' those answer - marking x ( for wrong ), ? ( questions ) and ok ( for correct ) answers :-) Remember those good old school days ?? Then, they started to 'play god' by asking random questions and showing attitude. The sr. architect had sarcastic smile, comments and was downright rude. The clueless manager ( who would repeat the questions ) didn't get any of what I was saying and went on and on and on... Here are some hilights... 1. They marked and commented that one of my answers were wrong on MySQL - Turned out my answer was correct. 2. To a solution I proposed using Oracle, the sr. architect said - oh Oracle, ok why don't we shut down our systems and db flavor and use this as I ( candidate ) proposed it 3. To a question I passed I don't know, one person remarked - you said you don't know, did you get any ideas now ( after a while ) and can you think at all ? ... ... This is fox/MySpace for you gentleman.

Interview Questions

• What would you the 1st day ( literally the very 1st day ) asked this atleast 5 times ? :)   Answer Question
    • What's 5/2 in MySQL ?   4 Answers

I can't stand such idiots, who doesn't know to conduct interview and play god.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MySpace (Beverly Hills, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Nice process. Called and not too difficult. Easy discussion. Good review of my skills. Nice recruiter, and easy going conversation.

Interview Questions

• Would I mind moving to California. That was a definite "yes".   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. Offer was great. Sign on moving bonus was great. No problems. Nice people. Still friends with them.

Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MySpace in February 2009.

Interview

tough tech questions, but if you studied for the interview you should be fine

Interview Questions

• what do you do if a server is down and the person on the phone gives you no more details?   1 Answer