MySpace

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MySpace in May 2010.

Interview Details – There were multiple positions listed that seemed like a good fit, so I started by finding someone on linkedin who held a relevant position, and started a conversation with them.

We talked back and forth about a few different things, and about my background before I submitted my resume and was granted an interview.

Once my resume was submitted, the manager responsible for setting up the interview scheduled a time, and then emailed me to cancel, shortly before the interview was to occur. It took a few days of back and forth emailing to get the interview successfully scheduled when a simple phone call or two would have accomplished the same result much more quickly and easily.

Interview Questions

• The questions were designed to gauge how one would handle operating in a large distributed server environment, where application and server performance tuning happen on the live production systems.   Answer Question
  • They asked questions about resolving issues within their production environment, e.g. how do you replicate the contents of a filesystem containing 10 or 100s of thousands of small files across the network from a backup, onto a new server, in a managable timeframe?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MySpace in March 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume and got called for a phone screen interview. The non-technical interviewer had a set of relatively easy questions regarding Windows administration. For instance, how do you list the network interfaces in windows, what command is used to update group policy, what is the subnet mask for a /23 address, etc. I had applied for a security role. I got around 70% of the questions right (through my experience as a user, not an admin) but was not called for the second interview.

Interview Question – What command is used to update group policy?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at MySpace

Worked for MySpace? Contribute to the Community!