Myers Industries

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor
Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Myers Industries in May 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through Careerbuilder; three weeks later, I received a call from an HR rep asking me to come in for an in-person interview. No phone screen took place, which is unusual. I was scheduled for an interview the next business day (after a long weekend).

The interview process was straightforward; a brief interview with HR, consisting of some information about the company and some general behavioral questions. Then I met with the head of internal audit. His questions were more focused on how I felt I could translate my skills from another industry into manufacturing. He was open about the challenges and initiatives of the department. Overall, a very pleasant conversation. While I was not a fit for the role, probably due to my lack of manufacturing experience, the interview process was quick and pleasant.

Interview Question – There was a question regarding how I dealt with a situation where I wished I had handled it differently, and how did I learn from the experience.   Answer Question

Worked for Myers Industries? Contribute to the Community!