Mylan Pharmaceuticals

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Area Lead Interview

Technical Area Lead
Morgantown, WV

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in March 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR for initial phone screen. Approximately 1-2 weeks later, I was contacted to schedule an onsite interview. Onsite interview lasted about 3 hours. I met with multiple managers and HR. I was told that they would be contact me within a week regarding my candidacy. I was never contacted again. This was the second interview for the same position within one year. Both times, I received NO FEEDBACK.

Interview Question – Behavioral based questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Vice President In IT Interview

Vice President In IT
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online in November, 2013. Had an HR phone screen within 2 weeks. Had a phone call with the hiring SVP a month later. He indicated someone would reach out to me the following week. A month later I was called in for face-to-face interviews. Arrived on site and learned that most of the interviews would be either video or phone. By lunch the schedule was completely changed. Had discussions with only three of the seven people on the interview forum. Was told I would be rescheduled as a "big meeting" was just called. Got an email a month later that they were continuing their search and no longer needed me. Learned from another source that funding for the position was frozen.

Interview Question – No one asked me a difficult question. On interviewer was totally disinteresting in the interview process.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in January 2012.

Interview Details – Series of phone interviews, followed by in person.

Interview Question – Asked for specific sales numbers   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – The first round consisted of two 30-minute behavioral interviews. They were pretty basic and just went through my resume and asked me to explain my projects and experience in more detail. Then they asked a few behavioral questions about strengths and weaknesses. Both interviews were very similar but they were with different department heads.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Affairs Specialist Interview

Affairs Specialist
Morgantown, WV

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in August 2013.

Interview Details – Way too many people and way too long.... 7 people over a 3 hour period

Interview Question – None, I was above the qualifications for the job.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough money

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
Morgantown, WV

I applied online and the process took 7+ months - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted for an HR phone interview. The process was very straightforward, and the questions were similar to all the suggested ones that I found online. Next, about 3 weeks later, I was contacted for a phone interview with the hiring manager. This was more of a discussion of the company itself and what the position would entail. I was asked very few questions and they were all technical. I am now waiting to see if I receive an invitation to interview in person. The process was very straightforward.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was "tell me about yourself" because I always find this to be too open-ended and over the phone it is hard to tell if I am speaking for too long.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – 4 one-hour inteviews with the marketing team, including the hiring manager, a senior product manager on another brand, a product manager on a different team and an HR person. Interviews were mostly behavioral (tell me about a time when you pushed back on med/legal for something you believe in, what's your greatest accomplishment, how do you work with cross-functional teams, etc.). Why do you want to leave ____ company and why are you interested in our company?

Interview Question – You seem to be doing really well at your current company, why would you want to leave and come here?   Answer Question

Accounts Analytics Interview

Accounts Analytics

I applied in-person and interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – They got back to me every week which was a plus but did not really make a final decision until almost a month after they advised they would. I just didnt really enjoy being strung along.

Interview Question – What do you hope to achieve in the long run?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Morgantown, WV

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – Hired through campus recruiting as an undergraduate. The interview process was pretty generic (due to the lack of experience potential interns had). All behavioral, no technical.

Interview Question – Time you had to deal with someone you did not like   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was consistent for all interns, no negotiation

Global Change Manager Interview

Global Change Manager
Morgantown, WV

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in February 2012.

Interview Details – Received a call from HR recruiter. Scheduled a phone screen with recruiter. Subsequent to phone screen, an appointment was scheduled to hold a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager and a manager from another department, collectively.

An onsite interview followed two weeks later. The interview was in three seperate offices, with a total of 5 individuals.

I was informed by the HR recruiter that I would be contacted with the results of the interview.

I waited 3 weeks, and after no contact I reached out to the HR recruiter by email. She said shw was sorry, but they just deciced not to hire for the position and split the duties between current staff.

Not a professional way to conduct HR business. In my opinion, the HR department has an obligation to contact those who have interviewed.

Interview Question – As a manager, have you ever scheduled your staff for on-call or weekend assignments?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mylan Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mylan Pharmaceuticals interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mylan Pharmaceuticals employees and interview candidates.