Mylan Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2014
Updated Aug 8, 2014

2.9

Regulatory Affairs Specialist, CMC Interview

I applied in a resume drop on LinkedIn, and got a call about a week and a half later to set up an initial phone interview. About a week and a half after that, I was scheduled for an on-site visit that included 6 half hour interviews with all members of the department (and one interview with HR).

Interview Questions
    • Three strengths and weaknesses, why are you interested in Regulatory Affairs, etc. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Technical Area Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in March 2014.

Contacted by HR for initial phone screen. Approximately 1-2 weeks later, I was contacted to schedule an onsite interview. Onsite interview lasted about 3 hours. I met with multiple managers and HR. I was told that they would be contact me within a week regarding my candidacy. I was never contacted again. This was the second interview for the same position within one year. Both times, I received NO FEEDBACK.

Vice President In IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in December 2013.

Applied online in November, 2013. Had an HR phone screen within 2 weeks. Had a phone call with the hiring SVP a month later. He indicated someone would reach out to me the following week. A month later I was called in for face-to-face interviews. Arrived on site and learned that most of the interviews would be either video or phone. By lunch the schedule was completely changed. Had discussions with only three of the seven people on the interview forum. Was told I would be rescheduled as a "big meeting" was just called. Got an email a month later that they were continuing their search and no longer needed me. Learned from another source that funding for the position was frozen.

Interview Questions
    • No one asked me a difficult question. On interviewer was totally disinteresting in the interview process.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in January 2012.

Series of phone interviews, followed by in person.

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals.

The first round consisted of two 30-minute behavioral interviews. They were pretty basic and just went through my resume and asked me to explain my projects and experience in more detail. Then they asked a few behavioral questions about strengths and weaknesses. Both interviews were very similar but they were with different department heads.

Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in August 2013.

Way too many people and way too long.... 7 people over a 3 hour period

Not enough money

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 7+ months - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in June 2013.

I was contacted for an HR phone interview. The process was very straightforward, and the questions were similar to all the suggested ones that I found online. Next, about 3 weeks later, I was contacted for a phone interview with the hiring manager. This was more of a discussion of the company itself and what the position would entail. I was asked very few questions and they were all technical. I am now waiting to see if I receive an invitation to interview in person. The process was very straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "tell me about yourself" because I always find this to be too open-ended and over the phone it is hard to tell if I am speaking for too long.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals.

4 one-hour inteviews with the marketing team, including the hiring manager, a senior product manager on another brand, a product manager on a different team and an HR person. Interviews were mostly behavioral (tell me about a time when you pushed back on med/legal for something you believe in, what's your greatest accomplishment, how do you work with cross-functional teams, etc.). Why do you want to leave ____ company and why are you interested in our company?

Interview Questions
    • You seem to be doing really well at your current company, why would you want to leave and come here?   Answer Question

Accounts Analytics Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals.

They got back to me every week which was a plus but did not really make a final decision until almost a month after they advised they would. I just didnt really enjoy being strung along.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals.

Hired through campus recruiting as an undergraduate. The interview process was pretty generic (due to the lack of experience potential interns had). All behavioral, no technical.

Interview Questions
    • Time you had to deal with someone you did not like   View Answer
    Salary was consistent for all interns, no negotiation

Worked for Mylan Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!