Mylan Pharmaceuticals

Updated Oct 23, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Scientist - Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals.

The management knows what they want from a candidate. They are very clear in extracting out candidates. All the interview crew is well prepared with questions according to your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Virtual question on Analytical development   View Answer

Job location

Technical Area Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in March 2014.

Contacted by HR for initial phone screen. Approximately 1-2 weeks later, I was contacted to schedule an onsite interview. Onsite interview lasted about 3 hours. I met with multiple managers and HR. I was told that they would be contact me within a week regarding my candidacy. I was never contacted again. This was the second interview for the same position within one year. Both times, I received NO FEEDBACK.

Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in August 2013.

Way too many people and way too long.... 7 people over a 3 hour period

Not enough money

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in June 2013.

I was contacted for an HR phone interview. The process was very straightforward, and the questions were similar to all the suggested ones that I found online. Next, about 3 weeks later, I was contacted for a phone interview with the hiring manager. This was more of a discussion of the company itself and what the position would entail. I was asked very few questions and they were all technical. I am now waiting to see if I receive an invitation to interview in person. The process was very straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "tell me about yourself" because I always find this to be too open-ended and over the phone it is hard to tell if I am speaking for too long.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals.

Hired through campus recruiting as an undergraduate. The interview process was pretty generic (due to the lack of experience potential interns had). All behavioral, no technical.

Interview Questions
    • Time you had to deal with someone you did not like   View Answer
    Salary was consistent for all interns, no negotiation

Global Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in February 2012.

Received a call from HR recruiter. Scheduled a phone screen with recruiter. Subsequent to phone screen, an appointment was scheduled to hold a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager and a manager from another department, collectively.

An onsite interview followed two weeks later. The interview was in three seperate offices, with a total of 5 individuals.

I was informed by the HR recruiter that I would be contacted with the results of the interview.

I waited 3 weeks, and after no contact I reached out to the HR recruiter by email. She said shw was sorry, but they just deciced not to hire for the position and split the duties between current staff.

Not a professional way to conduct HR business. In my opinion, the HR department has an obligation to contact those who have interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • As a manager, have you ever scheduled your staff for on-call or weekend assignments?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in April 2011.

The interview starts with the hiring manager. The hiring manager does a telephone screen and decides if the candidate will be brought in for an interview. Once a decision is made, Mylan is very decisive and very professional in setting up the interview and the arrangements.

The on site interview will include all relevant leaders in the work group plus site leadership. If they like you they are not afraid to let you know immediately.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer due to location and due to my reservation that they might not be ready to make the investment that is need to address the changes that are required to move the business in the direction that is desired within the timeframe that is expected.

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mylan Pharmaceuticals in May 2010.

Interviewed with 4 people including 3 in the department I was applying for and 1 HR manager. There was 2 one on one interview and one interview with 2 employees. The interview questions were pretty typical and no wild problem solving questions were thrown in. I'd say overall it's not too difficult of an experience and if you do some research on the company before going into the interview you'll do OK. It took almost 3 months after I applied before they interviewed me, and then another 3-4 weeks after the interview to send me the offer letter in the mail.