Myntra

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Myntra.

Hiring process went on for 2-3 week with total of 7 rounds and one coding round too. Most of questions were regarding computer science fundamentals and algorithm. There were 4 f2f rounds and 3 telephonic interview rounds.

Content Wrting/Editing Position Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Myntra.

first is written test. they would ask u to write abt some products and also articles on related stuff. you would clear it only if u r really good experience at writing and that on fashion.So good Luck !!!!

Manager - Brand Partnerships, Manager - Analytics Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Myntra in June 2014.

Poor Structure of Interview Processes ~ Twice
    The company called for telephonic interviews which went off on schedule. Followed by a F2F day.
    1. Brand Partnerships Role - I was based out of Bangalore so instead of finishing the process in one day as promised, Myntra called me over thrice (3 Different days - Which is 3 lies in your present workplace!) without any hesitation or consideration for the interviewee's time. My final round was scheduled to be a telephonic round with a senior management guy and did not happen on the day scheduled! What's worse - A day later the consultant calls and informs that I will not have the final round because I am not suitable for the role. No feedback, surprise backtrack on an already committed final round etc. Very poor experience. Also, the interviews never take place at the time mentioned as the managers seem too busy to interview.
    2. Manager - Analytics: Interviewed telephonically where I had made it clear that I did not have SQL coding experience etc and only FMCG brand marketing and research experience. Yet called for a F2F (@ Cost of one more lie in office!). Out of 5 people scheduled to interview me, only 2 turned up. One of which is the same hiring manager who had spoken to me on the phone. After just one interview, I am told I was done for the day and that the rest would be on the phone. I hear the hiring manager tell the HR outside that "There is nothing wrong with the guy... Not suitable for this role." Again a waste of time because capability / experience was a known before the F2F scheduling. The HR did not bother to inform me of this for weeks and after 2 or 3 follow ups including an e mail with a cc to who I presume was her boss, I got a regret mail.
    All in all, a very random and unprofessional interview process - Stay Away if you can. If you are desperate however, then you can go for it I guess!

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Myntra in May 2014.

On the plus side, very polite interviewers. Also, they try and finish the whole process in a day. HR, however, seems to be incompetent as far as clarity of communication in concerned, Interviewed me for a position that clearly was for someone between 2-4 years of exp and finally backed out without a word. Please don't waste candidates' time and go through their profile before calling them over.

Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Myntra in March 2014.

Overall a very quick and simple hiring process, completed within a week.
    I applied through a career consultant and got a call for telephonic interview next day itself. Interview was scheduled on day 2 and afterwards got a call for face to face interview on day 4. All four rounds of f2f interview were completed on same day. Questions were mostly from past projects and some behavioral stuff with above average difficulty level.
    If you are a subject matter expert at what you have done in past and have a positive outlook for future, interviews are not difficult at all.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Myntra in January 2014.

Got a call from consultancy and interview scheduled during weekend in Jan 2014. Total process took 2 weeks ( interviewed on 2 days).
    5 technical ( 3 rounds+ SVP round + CTO round ) + 1 HR

All the rounds are mostly checking programming skills.
    DS questions (60%),
    project (20%) and
    Core Java questions (20%)

Need to write the code for the programs
    a) Reverse a linkedlist ,
    b) Display boundary of binary tree,
    c) Given an array of +ve and -ve numbers , have to rearrange them ( like +ve numbers to left and -ve numbers to right of the array).
    d) In a given binary tree , leaf nodes are connected to the next and previous leaf node (like 1st leaf-> right = 2nd leaf and last leaf->right = 1st leaf and 2nd leaf->left = 1st leaf ). Have to check the number of leafs in the tree and find any given leaf
    e) Given 2 linkedlists (each node has single digit number) , write a program to return the sum of 2 linkedlists ( like sum of 2 numbers)
    f) Given an array , print the set of pairs with sum as given number.
    g) Singleton pattern, observer pattern.
    h) Immutable class
    i) String pool and how garbage collection functionality works.
    j) Process vs Thread differences and synchronization,deadlock examples.
    k) HashMap , how can you synchronize ?

After HR round very positive feedback and they were ready to give offer with stock options.

Interview Questions
    • If you are very good in DS and programming ,nothing is difficult in Myntra interviews.   Answer Question
    I got almost the same package that I am currently getting , (Myntra gave stock options, which I don't have in my current company) but I am looking for a change so accepted the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Myntra in January 2014.

I went in for the f2f interview over the weekend. There were around 15 candidates waiting over there. I also had to wait for around 2 hrs before my interview finally started.

The interviewer was stupid and arrogant and for some reason believed that just because he is sitting at the interviewer's seat, he can say anything.

The whole interview process was poorly managed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Myntra in January 2014.

called for Face to Face directly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Myntra in December 2013.

Applied via Linkedin. Got a call pretty late. However after two telephonic rounds was called in for an inperson interview. Had five technical interviews there and each one was more grilling than the other. Primarily was asked questions on LinkedLists, Binary trees, probability, matrices amongst others.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult question: Print the nodes of a binary tree in zig-zag order   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Myntra in August 2013.

Telephonic interview

Interview Questions
    • how to delete duplicate elements in given table (id, firstname, lastname)   Answer Question