Myriad Genetics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Product Manager Interview

Associate Product Manager
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Interview Details – Phone screen then in-person interview with 5 people

Interview Question – What is the best creative idea you've had?   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Associate Product Manager
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager in Marketing and then they brought me in for an on site interview about a month later. I interviewed with a total of 6 people. All my interviews were on one day. My first interview was a group interview with three people, including the hiring manager. Next, I interviwed with two other people in the marketing department and last I interviewed with the HR coordinator over the position. The interview consisted of questions and answer only (no tests).

Most of the questions were behavorial based questions such as "Tell me about a time when you..." One individual in particular kept asking me "How do you convince the people you work with to agree with your ideas?" Even though I feel I answered the question very well, he seemed unsatisfied with my answer and kept pressing the question over and over again. It was extremely uncomfortable.

Another individual was adamant that he did not believe I would leave my current company for Myriad- when I explained my situation he accused me of lying, stating flat out "I don't believe you." My intentions were always good and initially I did want the position, but after the interview I knew it was not the right move.

After meeting the Marketing team and having the opportunity to ask them questions, I did not feel like I was a good fit for the position. I withdrew my application a few days after my interview.

Interview Question – "What was your best creative idea?" and "What was one piece of feedback you have received that you did not agree with?"   Answer Question

Worked for Myriad Genetics? Contribute to the Community!