Myriad Genetics

11 candidate interviews

Associate Product Manager Interview

Associate Product Manager
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager in Marketing and then they brought me in for an on site interview about a month later. I interviewed with a total of 6 people. All my interviews were on one day. My first interview was a group interview with three people, including the hiring manager. Next, I interviwed with two other people in the marketing department and last I interviewed with the HR coordinator over the position. The interview consisted of questions and answer only (no tests).

Most of the questions were behavorial based questions such as "Tell me about a time when you..." One individual in particular kept asking me "How do you convince the people you work with to agree with your ideas?" Even though I feel I answered the question very well, he seemed unsatisfied with my answer and kept pressing the question over and over again. It was extremely uncomfortable.

Another individual was adamant that he did not believe I would leave my current company for Myriad- when I explained my situation he accused me of lying, stating flat out "I don't believe you." My intentions were always good and initially I did want the position, but after the interview I knew it was not the right move.

After meeting the Marketing team and having the opportunity to ask them questions, I did not feel like I was a good fit for the position. I withdrew my application a few days after my interview.

Interview Question – "What was your best creative idea?" and "What was one piece of feedback you have received that you did not agree with?"   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Associate Product Manager
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Interview Details – Phone screen then in-person interview with 5 people

Interview Question – What is the best creative idea you've had?   Answer Question

Marketing Operations Analyst Interview

Marketing Operations Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Myriad Genetics in January 2013.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview, about a month after I applied, then I was brought in for a five and a half hour interview with six different people. Each one was focused on a different aspect, and it was fairly rigorous. I was given the impression that the person I would be working for was fairly demanding, there were a lot of conflicting demands on your time, and they had a somewhat stiff environment they worked in.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected, they mainly focused on how I managed my time and dealt with conflicting requests - apparently the previous employee had struggles with that nature and that is why he/she left.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Myriad Genetics in August 2013.

Interview Details – Received a phone call to have an interview for the lab position I applied for online. The person who set up the interview for me emailed me a list of the names of the people I would be interviewing with and their job titles. There were 5 separate interviews over a 2 hour period. First three interviews were with the head honchos of the lab department I was applying with, 4th interview was with a group of lab people, last interview was with the HR person. They all pretty much asked the same questions over and over, "Tell me about yourself," but there were some unexpected questions. One was, "What sets you apart from the other candidates?" and another was, "What is the one thing that you are most concerned about since going through all these interviews today?" Oh, and another one was along the lines of, "The boss is somewhat short with females, how would you deal with that?" That was a weird one! Overall, there were a lot of the general behavioral based questions. The interview process is lengthy but a great chance to learn lots about the company. You'll be able to ask questions of the next interviewer that you were wondering about after talking to the previous interviewer. They made it all seem very promising, and the boss of the lab, who was my first interview of the day, came and spoke to me in the hallway for another 20 minutes after my final interview with HR. After that the receptionist was winking at me on the way out and said, "I'll probably see you again soon." I emailed the following week and was told they were still interviewing. Emailed again a week later, and received an auto generated email from the HR interviewer saying that I was not selected. A week later I received another auto generated email from the company in general saying that they were focusing their attentions on other candidates.

So far this was the only company that did not respond at all when I said, "Thanks for letting me know. Can you tell me if there was anything I could've done differently in the interview to have bettered my chances?"

Interview Question – What does the pH scale measure? What pH does DNA denature at?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Myriad Genetics in March 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was with area manager, a local counter part, regional manager, the VP of sales and of course human resources. There were about 5 interviews that spanned roughly 6 weeks. It was a very rigorous interview process, but thankfully never included round-robin interviews.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. The most difficult part was that I was transitioning into the industry so proving my background.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Myriad Genetics in November 2011.

Interview Details – Great tie to social media. I was able to locate the position via LinkedIn.
I was originally contacted from the hiring manager who talked to me about my background and experience. Next I met in person with the hiring manager and other leaders from Myriad. My last interview was with Area Director.

Interview Question – I was asked about my relationships with Hospitals and my exerience selling to doctors.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Myriad came forward with a great offer! No negotiation was needed.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Foothill, UT

I applied online and interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Interview Details – Take a test if they want to interview you, and you must pass the test. Then you will have an interview with usually 3-4 people. I like it because I got to know a lot of the people I was about to work with and the environment.

Interview Question – No question is too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was easy and smooth.

Sales Interview

Sales
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Myriad Genetics in May 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed for different positions at Myriad. One in May with the breat cancer geneticing testing deivision I had a phone screen that took approximatley one hour. I asked if he had any objections and he said no. Unfortunatley I found that both before the phone interview and after the interview we played phone tag constantly. A week after our phone interview we were ablet to set a face to face interview. Unfortunately, cirucmstances beyond my control came up and I had to cancel and attempt to reschedule the interview. I never so much as a got a call back. I assumed in a tight economy he could afford to pass me up and that it may be customary to never return a call, email, recruiters call etc when someone cannot make an interview.
However, five months later I received another call from my recruiter that a job had opened with Myriad. It was for a different division but still in sales and working with medical professionals. Again, I played phone tag for days with the hiring manager ( a different one than the previous). She waited days to return calls and email. We finally did an initial phone screen and she was excited to move forward. She requested a face to face interview. I almost declined the offer because she missed 2 of our phone appointments. Once was for a work emergency and once because she didn't read her email thoroughly. We finally meet at a local coffee shop. The interview lasts 1 hour and 41 minutes. I assume it went well and asked what the next step was and if she had any objections to moving forward. she said "no" and she would call me Friday. At the end of the day Friday, I email her to follow up as I should. I think call Monday, Wednesday, etc. My recruiter also called. The bottom line is she never called or emailed me back. I am most irriatated in that I am currently employed in sales and I wasted a tremoundous amount of time to not even get a "no".
After my interview experience, I would never want to work for company that has such poor communication skills in its managers, lack of respect for others, and leniacy for a person who was actually hopilized and couldn't make an interview. I would hate to see if I worked for them how they would treat me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were...proud of a deal you picked up, were told no, you were rejected, etc   View Answer
  • Tell me about your learning style...hwo did you overcome learning challenges   View Answer

Patient Service Coordinator Interview

Patient Service Coordinator
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Interview Details – Went for one long interview. First interviewed with department manager. Then interviewed with a group of supervisors. Then spoke with HR.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate.

Data Technician Interview

Data Technician
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Interview Details – Met with department manager, asked a series of behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Be prepared to give more than one example for each question asked.

Interview Question – asked to give another example then receiving no response after answer. Only a blank stare... other employees have stated same experience. Used as an interview tactic most likely.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – little negotiation, I was in need of a job.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Myriad Genetics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Myriad Genetics interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Myriad Genetics employees and interview candidates.