Myriad Genetics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2015

3.3

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager in Marketing and then they brought me in for an on site interview about a month later. I interviewed with a total of 6 people. All my interviews were on one day. My first interview was a group interview with three people, including the hiring manager. Next, I interviwed with two other people in the marketing department and last I interviewed with the HR coordinator over the position. The interview consisted of questions and answer only (no tests).

Most of the questions were behavorial based questions such as "Tell me about a time when you..." One individual in particular kept asking me "How do you convince the people you work with to agree with your ideas?" Even though I feel I answered the question very well, he seemed unsatisfied with my answer and kept pressing the question over and over again. It was extremely uncomfortable.

Another individual was adamant that he did not believe I would leave my current company for Myriad- when I explained my situation he accused me of lying, stating flat out "I don't believe you." My intentions were always good and initially I did want the position, but after the interview I knew it was not the right move.

After meeting the Marketing team and having the opportunity to ask them questions, I did not feel like I was a good fit for the position. I withdrew my application a few days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• "What was your best creative idea?" and "What was one piece of feedback you have received that you did not agree with?"   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Phone screen then in-person interview with 5 people

Marketing Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2013.

Interview

I first had a phone interview, about a month after I applied, then I was brought in for a five and a half hour interview with six different people. Each one was focused on a different aspect, and it was fairly rigorous. I was given the impression that the person I would be working for was fairly demanding, there were a lot of conflicting demands on your time, and they had a somewhat stiff environment they worked in.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected, they mainly focused on how I managed my time and dealt with conflicting requests - apparently the previous employee had struggles with that nature and that is why he/she left.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2013.

Interview

Received a phone call to have an interview for the lab position I applied for online. The person who set up the interview for me emailed me a list of the names of the people I would be interviewing with and their job titles. There were 5 separate interviews over a 2 hour period. First three interviews were with the head honchos of the lab department I was applying with, 4th interview was with a group of lab people, last interview was with the HR person. They all pretty much asked the same questions over and over, "Tell me about yourself," but there were some unexpected questions. One was, "What sets you apart from the other candidates?" and another was, "What is the one thing that you are most concerned about since going through all these interviews today?" Oh, and another one was along the lines of, "The boss is somewhat short with females, how would you deal with that?" That was a weird one! Overall, there were a lot of the general behavioral based questions. The interview process is lengthy but a great chance to learn lots about the company. You'll be able to ask questions of the next interviewer that you were wondering about after talking to the previous interviewer. They made it all seem very promising, and the boss of the lab, who was my first interview of the day, came and spoke to me in the hallway for another 20 minutes after my final interview with HR. After that the receptionist was winking at me on the way out and said, "I'll probably see you again soon." I emailed the following week and was told they were still interviewing. Emailed again a week later, and received an auto generated email from the HR interviewer saying that I was not selected. A week later I received another auto generated email from the company in general saying that they were focusing their attentions on other candidates.

So far this was the only company that did not respond at all when I said, "Thanks for letting me know. Can you tell me if there was anything I could've done differently in the interview to have bettered my chances?"

Interview Questions

• What does the pH scale measure? What pH does DNA denature at?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Myriad Genetics (Atlanta, GA) in March 2008.

Interview

The interview process was with area manager, a local counter part, regional manager, the VP of sales and of course human resources. There were about 5 interviews that spanned roughly 6 weeks. It was a very rigorous interview process, but thankfully never included round-robin interviews.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. The most difficult part was that I was transitioning into the industry so proving my background.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2011.

Interview

Great tie to social media. I was able to locate the position via LinkedIn.
    I was originally contacted from the hiring manager who talked to me about my background and experience. Next I met in person with the hiring manager and other leaders from Myriad. My last interview was with Area Director.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my relationships with Hospitals and my exerience selling to doctors.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Myriad came forward with a great offer! No negotiation was needed.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill, UT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Foothill, UT).

Interview

Take a test if they want to interview you, and you must pass the test. Then you will have an interview with usually 3-4 people. I like it because I got to know a lot of the people I was about to work with and the environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was easy and smooth.

Patient Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Went for one long interview. First interviewed with department manager. Then interviewed with a group of supervisors. Then spoke with HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Interview

Myriad is using digital interviews now as a way to screen their candidates. Managers are still getting familiar with this new tool. Turn around time has been quicker since they rolled this out

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to put together a 5-10 presentation and present to the team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was a very fair process - salary seems very competitive with the market in Salt Lake

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Interview

So far it's only been the digital interview, but it was an okay experience. The questions seemed more general than I expected, rather than giving me much of a lead into why I would be good for the specific position I applied for. I had to get creative to include my relevant experiences to an extent that would really showcase my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you identified a potential problem and implemented a solution before the problem got worse.   Answer Question