Myriad Genetics

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

3.4

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Very disorganized. You have submit your resume for one job then they just send it out to all managers so you may interview for a completely different Job then you applied for and will not know until the interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation it was simple take it or leave it. There is a glut of applicants so they do not have to make good offers.

Data Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Met with department manager, asked a series of behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Be prepared to give more than one example for each question asked.

Interview Questions
    • asked to give another example then receiving no response after answer. Only a blank stare... other employees have stated same experience. Used as an interview tactic most likely.   Answer Question
    little negotiation, I was in need of a job.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill, UT

I applied online – interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Take a test if they want to interview you, and you must pass the test. Then you will have an interview with usually 3-4 people. I like it because I got to know a lot of the people I was about to work with and the environment.

It was easy and smooth.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Myriad Genetics in May 2009.

I interviewed for different positions at Myriad. One in May with the breat cancer geneticing testing deivision I had a phone screen that took approximatley one hour. I asked if he had any objections and he said no. Unfortunatley I found that both before the phone interview and after the interview we played phone tag constantly. A week after our phone interview we were ablet to set a face to face interview. Unfortunately, cirucmstances beyond my control came up and I had to cancel and attempt to reschedule the interview. I never so much as a got a call back. I assumed in a tight economy he could afford to pass me up and that it may be customary to never return a call, email, recruiters call etc when someone cannot make an interview.
    However, five months later I received another call from my recruiter that a job had opened with Myriad. It was for a different division but still in sales and working with medical professionals. Again, I played phone tag for days with the hiring manager ( a different one than the previous). She waited days to return calls and email. We finally did an initial phone screen and she was excited to move forward. She requested a face to face interview. I almost declined the offer because she missed 2 of our phone appointments. Once was for a work emergency and once because she didn't read her email thoroughly. We finally meet at a local coffee shop. The interview lasts 1 hour and 41 minutes. I assume it went well and asked what the next step was and if she had any objections to moving forward. she said "no" and she would call me Friday. At the end of the day Friday, I email her to follow up as I should. I think call Monday, Wednesday, etc. My recruiter also called. The bottom line is she never called or emailed me back. I am most irriatated in that I am currently employed in sales and I wasted a tremoundous amount of time to not even get a "no".
    After my interview experience, I would never want to work for company that has such poor communication skills in its managers, lack of respect for others, and leniacy for a person who was actually hopilized and couldn't make an interview. I would hate to see if I worked for them how they would treat me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were...proud of a deal you picked up, were told no, you were rejected, etc   View Answer
    • Tell me about your learning style...hwo did you overcome learning challenges   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Myriad Genetics in November 2011.

Great tie to social media. I was able to locate the position via LinkedIn.
    I was originally contacted from the hiring manager who talked to me about my background and experience. Next I met in person with the hiring manager and other leaders from Myriad. My last interview was with Area Director.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my relationships with Hospitals and my exerience selling to doctors.   View Answer
    Myriad came forward with a great offer! No negotiation was needed.

Patient Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Went for one long interview. First interviewed with department manager. Then interviewed with a group of supervisors. Then spoke with HR.

Interview Questions
    I did not attempt to negotiate.

Senior Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Myriad is using digital interviews now as a way to screen their candidates. Managers are still getting familiar with this new tool. Turn around time has been quicker since they rolled this out

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to put together a 5-10 presentation and present to the team.   Answer Question
    it was a very fair process - salary seems very competitive with the market in Salt Lake

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Myriad Genetics.

I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager in Marketing and then they brought me in for an on site interview about a month later. I interviewed with a total of 6 people. All my interviews were on one day. My first interview was a group interview with three people, including the hiring manager. Next, I interviwed with two other people in the marketing department and last I interviewed with the HR coordinator over the position. The interview consisted of questions and answer only (no tests).

Most of the questions were behavorial based questions such as "Tell me about a time when you..." One individual in particular kept asking me "How do you convince the people you work with to agree with your ideas?" Even though I feel I answered the question very well, he seemed unsatisfied with my answer and kept pressing the question over and over again. It was extremely uncomfortable.

Another individual was adamant that he did not believe I would leave my current company for Myriad- when I explained my situation he accused me of lying, stating flat out "I don't believe you." My intentions were always good and initially I did want the position, but after the interview I knew it was not the right move.

After meeting the Marketing team and having the opportunity to ask them questions, I did not feel like I was a good fit for the position. I withdrew my application a few days after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • "What was your best creative idea?" and "What was one piece of feedback you have received that you did not agree with?"   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Phone screen then in-person interview with 5 people

Marketing Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Myriad Genetics in January 2013.

I first had a phone interview, about a month after I applied, then I was brought in for a five and a half hour interview with six different people. Each one was focused on a different aspect, and it was fairly rigorous. I was given the impression that the person I would be working for was fairly demanding, there were a lot of conflicting demands on your time, and they had a somewhat stiff environment they worked in.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected, they mainly focused on how I managed my time and dealt with conflicting requests - apparently the previous employee had struggles with that nature and that is why he/she left.   Answer Question