Myriad Genetics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

3.4

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Interview

Very disorganized. You have submit your resume for one job then they just send it out to all managers so you may interview for a completely different Job then you applied for and will not know until the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation it was simple take it or leave it. There is a glut of applicants so they do not have to make good offers.

Data Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Met with department manager, asked a series of behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Be prepared to give more than one example for each question asked.

Interview Questions

• asked to give another example then receiving no response after answer. Only a blank stare... other employees have stated same experience. Used as an interview tactic most likely.   Answer Question

Negotiation

little negotiation, I was in need of a job.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process at Myriad, at least in my experience, was typical of other companies, with one exception. Online application submitted through Myriad web page. Email received from HireVue, but no phone call or email from Myriad. Completed video interview through HireVue. HireVue follows up with an email saying a Myriad rep will contact about "next steps." And then .... nothing. No response of any kind. The purpose of this review is to point out that companies that value their employees don't act with such arrogance and disregard. I had no problem with Myriad's decision to not hire me. I'm sure they had their reasons. But I am offended by its misleading message, and utter lack of professionalism. If a prospective employee takes the time to complete their lengthy online application, and then the video interview, Myriad--indeed, ANY prospective employer--should promptly follow up and provide closure. The best companies to work for today do that. And if Myriad can't get that part right, it's very likely they don't get the other parts of the employer-employee relationship right either.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Myriad? Why are you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Interview

Myriad is using digital interviews now as a way to screen their candidates. Managers are still getting familiar with this new tool. Turn around time has been quicker since they rolled this out

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to put together a 5-10 presentation and present to the team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was a very fair process - salary seems very competitive with the market in Salt Lake

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Foothill, UT).

Interview

Take a test if they want to interview you, and you must pass the test. Then you will have an interview with usually 3-4 people. I like it because I got to know a lot of the people I was about to work with and the environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was easy and smooth.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2011.

Interview

Great tie to social media. I was able to locate the position via LinkedIn. I was originally contacted from the hiring manager who talked to me about my background and experience. Next I met in person with the hiring manager and other leaders from Myriad. My last interview was with Area Director.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my relationships with Hospitals and my exerience selling to doctors.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Myriad came forward with a great offer! No negotiation was needed.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (San Francisco, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

I interviewed for different positions at Myriad. One in May with the breat cancer geneticing testing deivision I had a phone screen that took approximatley one hour. I asked if he had any objections and he said no. Unfortunatley I found that both before the phone interview and after the interview we played phone tag constantly. A week after our phone interview we were ablet to set a face to face interview. Unfortunately, cirucmstances beyond my control came up and I had to cancel and attempt to reschedule the interview. I never so much as a got a call back. I assumed in a tight economy he could afford to pass me up and that it may be customary to never return a call, email, recruiters call etc when someone cannot make an interview. However, five months later I received another call from my recruiter that a job had opened with Myriad. It was for a different division but still in sales and working with medical professionals. Again, I played phone tag for days with the hiring manager ( a different one than the previous). She waited days to return calls and email. We finally did an initial phone screen and she was excited to move forward. She requested a face to face interview. I almost declined the offer because she missed 2 of our phone appointments. Once was for a work emergency and once because she didn't read her email thoroughly. We finally meet at a local coffee shop. The interview lasts 1 hour and 41 minutes. I assume it went well and asked what the next step was and if she had any objections to moving forward. she said "no" and she would call me Friday. At the end of the day Friday, I email her to follow up as I should. I think call Monday, Wednesday, etc. My recruiter also called. The bottom line is she never called or emailed me back. I am most irriatated in that I am currently employed in sales and I wasted a tremoundous amount of time to not even get a "no". After my interview experience, I would never want to work for company that has such poor communication skills in its managers, lack of respect for others, and leniacy for a person who was actually hopilized and couldn't make an interview. I would hate to see if I worked for them how they would treat me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were...proud of a deal you picked up, were told no, you were rejected, etc   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your learning style...hwo did you overcome learning challenges   1 Answer

Patient Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Went for one long interview. First interviewed with department manager. Then interviewed with a group of supervisors. Then spoke with HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Interview

So far it's only been the digital interview, but it was an okay experience. The questions seemed more general than I expected, rather than giving me much of a lead into why I would be good for the specific position I applied for. I had to get creative to include my relevant experiences to an extent that would really showcase my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you identified a potential problem and implemented a solution before the problem got worse.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2013.

Interview

Received a phone call to have an interview for the lab position I applied for online. The person who set up the interview for me emailed me a list of the names of the people I would be interviewing with and their job titles. There were 5 separate interviews over a 2 hour period. First three interviews were with the head honchos of the lab department I was applying with, 4th interview was with a group of lab people, last interview was with the HR person. They all pretty much asked the same questions over and over, "Tell me about yourself," but there were some unexpected questions. One was, "What sets you apart from the other candidates?" and another was, "What is the one thing that you are most concerned about since going through all these interviews today?" Oh, and another one was along the lines of, "The boss is somewhat short with females, how would you deal with that?" That was a weird one! Overall, there were a lot of the general behavioral based questions. The interview process is lengthy but a great chance to learn lots about the company. You'll be able to ask questions of the next interviewer that you were wondering about after talking to the previous interviewer. They made it all seem very promising, and the boss of the lab, who was my first interview of the day, came and spoke to me in the hallway for another 20 minutes after my final interview with HR. After that the receptionist was winking at me on the way out and said, "I'll probably see you again soon." I emailed the following week and was told they were still interviewing. Emailed again a week later, and received an auto generated email from the HR interviewer saying that I was not selected. A week later I received another auto generated email from the company in general saying that they were focusing their attentions on other candidates. So far this was the only company that did not respond at all when I said, "Thanks for letting me know. Can you tell me if there was anything I could've done differently in the interview to have bettered my chances?"

Interview Questions

• What does the pH scale measure? What pH does DNA denature at?   1 Answer