Myriad Genetics Sales Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Myriad Genetics (San Francisco, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

I interviewed for different positions at Myriad. One in May with the breat cancer geneticing testing deivision I had a phone screen that took approximatley one hour. I asked if he had any objections and he said no. Unfortunatley I found that both before the phone interview and after the interview we played phone tag constantly. A week after our phone interview we were ablet to set a face to face interview. Unfortunately, cirucmstances beyond my control came up and I had to cancel and attempt to reschedule the interview. I never so much as a got a call back. I assumed in a tight economy he could afford to pass me up and that it may be customary to never return a call, email, recruiters call etc when someone cannot make an interview. However, five months later I received another call from my recruiter that a job had opened with Myriad. It was for a different division but still in sales and working with medical professionals. Again, I played phone tag for days with the hiring manager ( a different one than the previous). She waited days to return calls and email. We finally did an initial phone screen and she was excited to move forward. She requested a face to face interview. I almost declined the offer because she missed 2 of our phone appointments. Once was for a work emergency and once because she didn't read her email thoroughly. We finally meet at a local coffee shop. The interview lasts 1 hour and 41 minutes. I assume it went well and asked what the next step was and if she had any objections to moving forward. she said "no" and she would call me Friday. At the end of the day Friday, I email her to follow up as I should. I think call Monday, Wednesday, etc. My recruiter also called. The bottom line is she never called or emailed me back. I am most irriatated in that I am currently employed in sales and I wasted a tremoundous amount of time to not even get a "no". After my interview experience, I would never want to work for company that has such poor communication skills in its managers, lack of respect for others, and leniacy for a person who was actually hopilized and couldn't make an interview. I would hate to see if I worked for them how they would treat me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were...proud of a deal you picked up, were told no, you were rejected, etc   1 Answer
  • Tell me about your learning style...hwo did you overcome learning challenges   1 Answer