Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

Relevance Date Difficulty

Minion Interview

Minion
Prior Lake, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel in October 2013.

Interview Details – After filling out an application online I would get an interview with HR and fill out more forms, get my picture taken, go to an orientation where I would be shown the entire complex from the main, to the other building, the shown some businesses and public services on the land. Next, would be an orientation for my department I was working in and shown the main are I was working. Given more badges and meet me supervisors, it was a long process and can't remember it all.

Interview Question – Nothing really   Answer Question

Server Interview

Server
Prior Lake, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel in April 2014.

Interview Details – The overall experience of the interview wasn't bad, though I will say it was a little unprofessional due to the format of the interview and the fact that the email describing my instructions prior to the interview and how to actually get to the interview didn't arrive until i was already on my way to said interview.

Interview Question – I was asked about the most difficult moment in my career in which a colleague and I did not agree on something and how I resolved it.   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Prior Lake, MN

I applied in-person and interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel.

Interview Details – Interview process is easy

Interview Question – Are you able to work with a diverse group of people   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Prior Lake, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel.

Interview Details – I applied on a Friday and was called by a recruiter on Monday for an interview on Tuesday. The interview began at the Human Resources building which is separate from the casino. My initial impression was not great considering I had to walk through a cloud of smoke from a group of people smoking literally right outside the door. I was brought into a little room containing two chairs and a computer and was given two tasks to complete in 30 minutes. The first was editing a memo of spelling and grammar mistakes. The second was writing a business memo about why I would be the best candidate for the job. I then spoke with the hiring manager for about 30 minutes. This was not enough time and I felt rushed as she was obviously very busy. They told me they would be calling me in a couple days and the recruiter did. The second interview was at the casino in the business offices with the hiring manager and the director. The hiring manager was professional and very friendly, but the director did not dress professionally and gave an impression of not liking his job, trying to intimidate me, or simply didn't want to waste his time interviewing me. I left the interview with a bad taste in my mouth after that experience.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was given was if I had experience working with people who have gambling addiction and how I feel about that.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Valet Interview

Valet
Prior Lake, MN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel in February 2008.

Interview Details – Interview wasn't a difficult process. Management just wants to know if you can drive an manual operated vehicle and parking processes, such as 3-point parking and reversing manuvers.

Interview Question – Why is it taking so long for my car to come up?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel employees and interview candidates.