Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Prior Lake, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel.

Interview Details – I applied on a Friday and was called by a recruiter on Monday for an interview on Tuesday. The interview began at the Human Resources building which is separate from the casino. My initial impression was not great considering I had to walk through a cloud of smoke from a group of people smoking literally right outside the door. I was brought into a little room containing two chairs and a computer and was given two tasks to complete in 30 minutes. The first was editing a memo of spelling and grammar mistakes. The second was writing a business memo about why I would be the best candidate for the job. I then spoke with the hiring manager for about 30 minutes. This was not enough time and I felt rushed as she was obviously very busy. They told me they would be calling me in a couple days and the recruiter did. The second interview was at the casino in the business offices with the hiring manager and the director. The hiring manager was professional and very friendly, but the director did not dress professionally and gave an impression of not liking his job, trying to intimidate me, or simply didn't want to waste his time interviewing me. I left the interview with a bad taste in my mouth after that experience.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was given was if I had experience working with people who have gambling addiction and how I feel about that.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel Marketing interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel employees and interview candidates.