N-able Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at N-able

Candidate Interview Review

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at N-able.

Their HR department contacted me and did a quick meet and greet style interview over the phone. We then setup the first and final interview.

The full interview was pretty standard. The person interviewing me seemed pretty nice and knowledgeable.

At one point I had to draw a database schema on a whiteboard, which was fine since I usually draw them out on paper. But then I had to write a sql statement on the whiteboard. I hate when they do this, I have done exactly ZERO programming in this fashion over my 12 years, as I'm sure the vast majority of coders have as well.

The culture seemed laid back as everyone I saw was dressed casually, even wearing ball caps.

The office wasn't the nicest I've seen, as things seemed to be scattered about. Definitely could use a make over.

I went into this process not interested in this job at all, but actually left hoping they'd hire me. Unfortunately, they probably picked up on my initial disinterest.

I tried contacting them a week after the interview, but never heard back. I hate when companies stop contact like this and don't give any closure, I find it unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • "If you were to build a new home, what are some of the questions you would ask?"

I thought this was a bizarre question, especially since this was for a web developer role. So I began answering it as if I was comparing building a home to building a web site. I was told not to answer the question like this, which really through me off.

I didn't do well on this question and I wanted to become an architect at one point. I can only image someone trying to answer this without any knowledge of homes.
        Answer Question