N2 Publishing

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Area Director

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at N2 Publishing in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email to establish a mutual time and date for my first phone interview...pretty basic. Per the agreed upon date and time, I was contacted by a women from N2 Business Development who proceeded to ask me routine interview questions over a 25 minute period. The interview was successful and a follow-up interview was scheduled. The follow-up interview required that I contact the interviewer at an agreed upon time and date scheduled by Business Development. When I placed the call to the person conducting the second interview per the agreed upon time and date, there was no answer, only an answering machine. I placed the call a second time about 20 minutes later; again no answer. Not very professional! Opted not to pursue the opportunity.

Interview Question – In the first interview I was asked if I would mind not making any money for 4-6 months through the "ramp up" period. I was also asked how I felt about traveling to Chicago for a three day training seminar and incurring the cost of the hotel, food and transportation.   View Answer

Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at N2 Publishing in March 2014.

Interview Details – I received my job offer in about 10 days after I had initially applied online. After an initial telephone screening interview, I had three more interviews with an Area Director in my general area. I thought three interviews was a little much. Certainly two would have been plenty, and I don't think we covered anything new on the final interview. If we did, it could have been incorporated into one of the previous interviews. I think perhaps my interviewer was being overly cautious, making sure she was hiring the right person who could both take on this job and be okay working without compensation for the first four to six months. I appreciated her honesty, especially how difficult it could be generating sales through cold calls.

Interview Question – How would I describe my moral standards?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, as pay is entirely performance based.

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at N2 Publishing in March 2014.

Interview Details – The process was very easy from the initial application and interview process. Received email communication to setup first interview upon approval for second interview i spoke with the regional director for my area. I was to answer question and ask certain questions that helped me understand the company better.

Interview Question – Will you be able to to go 3-6 months without any pay while during the ramp up period.   View Answer

Montgomery, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at N2 Publishing in August 2013.

Interview Details – I experienced a very good interview process. The executive sales director that I interviewed with was thorough in his questioning but was also able to answer all of my questions. I felt that the interview was straight forward and honest.

Interview Question – The most difficult question to answer was if I would be willing to work for a few months without pay. So it wasn't that the question itself was difficult, it was more so if I was ready to accept the situation of no pay until I got the area up and running.   Answer Question

Area Director

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at N2 Publishing.

Interview Details – I applied and got a reply the next day. I scheduled a telephone interview for a few days later. Next, I had a telephone interview with an Area Director near my area in which I gave a few references for them to call on. A few days later, I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were straight forward and basic. I had done a lot of research on the company before I applied (plus they sent me a nice video in the first email that explained the process more) so none were really unexpected.   Answer Question

Sarasota, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at N2 Publishing in January 2011.

Interview Details – It's all virtual. You submit your resume and receive a series of phone interviews with an Executive Sales Director. This was 3 years ago so it may be different now.

Interview Question – I can't remember the specific questions, but they really dig deep into your moral beliefs and pull out questions I've never been asked in my life, more or less an interview. I loved it though, because I felt the answers truly spoke about who you were as a person.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are in charge of your own income so there was no negotiation.

Area Director

I applied online - interviewed at N2 Publishing in October 2013.

Interview Details – So far, have been through 3 phone interviews and one online test, which consisted of a personality test, a math test, a language test and a logic word test.

Interview Question – Most difficult question is whether I can work on the telephone all day long.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided job was not for me.

Area Director

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at N2 Publishing.

Interview Details – Phone calls with leadership, once excepted fly to Chicago to attend training..come back and ramp up your neighborhood.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at N2 Publishing in August 2011.

Interview Details – 1:1 with neighborhood owner. He was very pleasant and began by telling me Bout the position and what to expect. Told about what he did as well as the concept of the company. Basic overview which helped me to get a clear sense of the company. Then asked questions about my personality and goals, in order to see if I would be a driven individual who could do well without supervision. Interview lasted for about an hour and it was over coffee, which was a relaxed setting.

Interview Question – How do you handle projects with minimal guidance?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It is performance-based pay.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at N2 Publishing in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was told the process was a two-step interview. In the first interview, we met at a Panera bread. The interviewer basically just talked about the company and the position. I didn't really get to ask a lot of questions. The second interview was more in depth, but I didn't get asked back for a second interview. I think the first step was just to weed out the dummies. And since I am probably underqualified, I didn't make it to the second interview.

Interview Question – What didn't I like about my former jobs.   Answer Question

Worked for N2 Publishing? Contribute to the Community!