NAB

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Troy, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NAB.

Interview Details – Actually interviewed by someone who knew what he wanted, what company needed, this is NOT the Normal procedure (clueless HR person is usual interviewee) Too bad job actually turned into something completely different within a month of hire, assigned to clueless manager who didn't know what to do with actual talent that knew more than him.

Interview Question – What actual languages, development environments you have used in past.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – How much do you need? <replied> -- Ok.

Very Easy Interview

IT Professional Interview

IT Professional
Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at NAB in November 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview and face to face. Inexperience of interviewers was very apparent. Very casual dress attire, the older the clothes the better. Total lack of professionalism. HR treats everyone as if they are minimum wage call center staff. Can't spell candidates names correctly or schedule interviews without errors. Background and credit check. No drug test.

Interview Question – Draw a pig .... Seriously.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wasn't any; needed a paycheck so I took it.

User Experience/Information Architect Interview

User Experience/Information Architect
Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at NAB in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was relatively brief and to the point. They spoke a good game, but I later learned they had no idea what UX really is. The environment is wide open (which has pros and cons), but it is extremely rigid. You can't eat in the workspace and can't take tags off the chairs.

Interview Question – Unexpected: Which college course did you find the most interesting?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no real negotiation. I wanted to move on, so I ended up taking a $10,000 pay cut. I learned why after I arrived. They didn't really have any idea what UX was and how to value someone with the experience I brought to the table. I spent 1% of my time there doing anything that was truly UX-related and I took that upon myself (as any UX professional would). When I offered notes on my heuristic analysis, I was told it wouldn't be needed.

A company like this does not really need UX professionals and I would advise anyone interested in a UX role in this environment to STEER CLEAR COMPLETELY. It can be a decent environment for IT pros, but not for usability and UX pros. They'll have you working on BA or UI initiatives and will leave UX by the wayside.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NAB.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a response within 48 hours. It was first a friendly chat to schedule an interview with more relevant personnel, which was about a 20-30 minute phone interview the next week.

Interview Question – Did you ever have any difficulties in managing a group? How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Applicant Processor Interview

Applicant Processor
Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NAB.

Interview Details – Tour of building, one interview with one person and 5 question.

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support
Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NAB in June 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume via email for a Customer Service position. It took approximately two weeks to hear back from a recruiter, but she was connecting me in regards to a Tech Support position. She called and we discussed what the position consisted of...I told her I was interested and we scheduled an interview.

The interview started off like any other, I met with the HR recruiter and we went over the companies history, the position in more detail, and the interview process. The HR recruiter took me on a tour of the office building. The building interior design was stunning! Very modern, relaxing, and comfortable. I felt like I made it to the big time, lol!

Back to earth, at the end of the tour she passed me off the to Tech Support supervisor and we conducted the along with another supervisor in a conference room. It was a very lax environment and that was great for me because I felt like I could be myself and not come off as rehearsed. The interview process lasted about 30 minutes or so and the supervisor walked me out while giving me feedback (which RARELY happens).

I heard back from the recruiter four days later saying I should hear back in a few days rather it be good or bad. I received a call on Thursday saying my background check came back good and I was offered & excepted the position.

Interview Questions

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Troy, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at NAB in September 2010.

Interview Details – Called Recruiter (Deb Fonseca) who called me back. Let's put it this way. Horrible HR person. She asked me to give details about my resume and as soon as i began talking she began to intterrogate me about my resume, never given me a chance to explain why i left my former job and asking me questions such as " Let me get this straight, you left your former job because it doesn't pay well?" And then finishing it off with " Well taht doesn't make sense to me" WTH! From the get-go she immediately assumed that my former employer had fired me and asked me questions assuming that i was lying. Isn't the idea of a job interview for you to tell the recruiter about your skills and former experiences?? instead i felt like i was being interrogated and NO ONE should ever have to feel that way. Why should i automatically be removed from a job selection process because i left my former job because it did not pay well???

Advice to Managers: You do not want a HR person who makes job applicants feel like they are in a secluded FBI room for questioning.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your former job?.... Hmmm. That doesn't make sense.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Graduate
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and interviewed at NAB.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application close to the closing date, and received an online test soon after. Online test were standard ( 3 parts). Then got invited to AC. AC included some group work and individual work and presentation skills. Got rejected after AC. Next stage is interview with manager/ partner and offer.

Interview Question – Standard online test and AC   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director
Lahore (Pakistan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a year or more - interviewed at NAB in December 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring mean u must have a first division and some specific sort of qualification to enter in this job. firs the usual written test, then comes the psychological test and then t he final interview. Their is no hard and fast rules as far as hiring of and employee is concerned. Ever time they hire they adopt a new strategy to do so.

Interview Question – y u planning to join this organization.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at NAB in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone, email, numerous in person interviews.

Negotiation Details – There was NO negotiating, they pay whatever they pay per hour.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for NAB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NAB interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by NAB employees and interview candidates.