NAPA Auto Parts

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts in May 2013.

Interview Details – Like many jobs today I completed an online application. I then sent a letter of introduction to the store manager where I hoped to work. I don't think he really even looked the application. He called me, I went and talked with him for a few minutes and he hired me on a handshake! The way it ought to be!

Interview Question – Did not have any difficult questions. Hey it's only a delivery job!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Well it was like "Here's the job" "Are you interested?"

Delivery Driver

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts in May 2013.

Interview Details – Went in to the store and asked for an appliccation, filled it out there. I recieved a call the next day with some question about my appliocation and a job offer.

Interview Question – Basic question, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Parts Sales and Delivery Interview

Parts Sales and Delivery
Duncanville, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts in June 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting my application, I was contacted by the store Manager for an interview. The environment was low stressed, casual and really laid back and the manager was very engaging. He informed me about the history of the company and my specific duties while giving me a tour of the location that I would be working at. At the end of the interview he informed me about how competence plays a big part in this industry and that I would have to go to the District HQ for a Follow up by our HR. During my HQ interview I felt the same kind of relaxed. our HQ manager was laid back engaging and seemed very excited to hire a new driver.

Interview Question – I cant remember if there were any difficult questions. They were pretty straightforward and easily answered.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

COUNTER SALES Interview

COUNTER SALES
Auburn, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts in March 2014.

Interview Details – pretty simple put in application, got call back for interview within two days, manager interviewed for ten minutes. no salary negotiation, they did not bother to even counter an offer just stuck with what they wanted to pay.

Interview Question – my credit score did not. did not tell them because i did not feel it was pertinent to being hired.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts in February 2010.

Interview Details – simple just tell them what they want to hear an you'll in

Interview Question – Union they want to make sure you don't join one   Answer Question

Counter Salesman Interview

Counter Salesman

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts.

Interview Details – laid back straight forward. just tell them your experience! this a fast moving multitasking position. shops calls you for parts 80% of the business is there 20% regular walk in. this is a place that is different to autozone or advance auto parts that anybody can get in and they will give you a little training and put you to the floor. well this job since you are going to be talking to mechanics all the time you have to know your parts well.. if you do you will succeed in the company. you pull your own parts and give it to the driver for delivery.. you doing customer service all day.

Interview Question – getting to understand people over the phone since that's your main job.   Answer Question

Sales Position Interview

Sales Position

Interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts

Interview Details – NAPA has many listings for positions in my region.

Interview Question – Sent resume on several different opportunities they had listed. Followed up with phone calls. They would not answer e-mails, acknowledge receiving resume, or return phone calls.   View Answers (2)

Napa Warehouse Associate Interview

Napa Warehouse Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts.

Interview Details – FIlled out a paper application (before they switched to the online-only application process). Was given a quick tour of the facility before being told to expect a follow-up call in the next few days. After a week went by, I called and was told the position was already filled. Then a week later I received a call asking me to come in and conduct a formal interview.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for hourly employees.

Delivery Driver

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts in April 2011.

Interview Details – Believe NAPA Auto Parts only accepts applications via the internet from their job site. The NAPA district Human Relations manager selects several applicants and sends their online applications to a local store manager who is in need of additional delivery driver(s). The local store manager will do the interviewing, usually selecting 3-4 of the applicants presented by the HR Manager. The store manager will make the selection. Most interviews for this position usually last less than 20 minutes and most of the time the manager will spend telling what the job entails. From past experience, the store managers usually select applicants who live close to the store. Likely because they hire only part-time employees.

Interview Question – For this position, do not believe there were any difficult questions. they were few in number, and most were standard for this type of position. I did offer that I would like to learn more than just making deliveries. For instance, learn the store computerized inventory.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Territory Sales Manager
Billings, MT

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts in July 2010.

Interview Details – If you get an interview you will have at least three interview with different people within the company.

Interview Question – Have you ever made a customer mad and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at NAPA Auto Parts

Worked for NAPA Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NAPA Auto Parts interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by NAPA Auto Parts employees and interview candidates.