NAPA Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2015
Updated Jan 11, 2015

2.1

Retail Automotive Parts Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NAPA Auto Parts.

Walked in and hired on spot. Previous experience absolutely necessary. Asked if had any experience, asked about technical knowledge. Came in for a day the following week to see if I liked it/fit in/knew what I was doing. After a day there, I was asked to come back the following day.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

I applied online – interviewed at NAPA Auto Parts in July 2014.

Initial contact was via phone where I was screened by the RSM twice, then waitied two weeks until I followed up and an interview was scheduled with the regional office two weeks from then. Interviewed with the regional office and continually needed to follow up weekly for status updates. Questions were standard, there is a math and personality assessment online exam....the entire process took 2months!! I found multiple opportunities with companies that executed their hiring process in a normal timeframe during this cycle and accepted an offer in a similar role with one of their competitors. My advice to NAPA streamline your process for hiring so you don't have to settle for the candidate that only is still on the market months after you start the process...you aren't getting the best, you're getting what's left.

Interview Questions
    • Do you find yourself to be a "go-getter" hunter or a laid back "gatherer"?   Answer Question

I declined because I was told the offer was coming in, however I had two strong solid offers already on the table from companies that were more aggressively hiring.

Stockroom Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NAPA Auto Parts in May 2014.

I put my app in. i was called in for a interview 3 days later took about 4 weeks to get started. I had a panel interview with 2 supervisors and a hr rep

Counter Salesman Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NAPA Auto Parts.

laid back straight forward. just tell them your experience! this a fast moving multitasking position. shops calls you for parts 80% of the business is there 20% regular walk in. this is a place that is different to autozone or advance auto parts that anybody can get in and they will give you a little training and put you to the floor. well this job since you are going to be talking to mechanics all the time you have to know your parts well.. if you do you will succeed in the company. you pull your own parts and give it to the driver for delivery.. you doing customer service all day.

Interview Questions
    • getting to understand people over the phone since that's your main job.   Answer Question

COUNTER SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NAPA Auto Parts in March 2014.

pretty simple put in application, got call back for interview within two days, manager interviewed for ten minutes. no salary negotiation, they did not bother to even counter an offer just stuck with what they wanted to pay.

Interview Questions
    • my credit score did not. did not tell them because i did not feel it was pertinent to being hired.   Answer Question

Sales Position Interview

NAPA has many listings for positions in my region.

Interview Questions
    • Sent resume on several different opportunities they had listed. Followed up with phone calls. They would not answer e-mails, acknowledge receiving resume, or return phone calls.   View Answers (2)

Napa Warehouse Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NAPA Auto Parts.

FIlled out a paper application (before they switched to the online-only application process). Was given a quick tour of the facility before being told to expect a follow-up call in the next few days. After a week went by, I called and was told the position was already filled. Then a week later I received a call asking me to come in and conduct a formal interview.

There is no negotiation for hourly employees.

Office/Accounting Help Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at NAPA Auto Parts.

I applied online. Received multiple calls from hiring manager to set up interview. Finally set up an interview. Interview started out very typical but turned into a terrible interview. Interviewer mentioned several things that an employer should not mention legally. Interviewer told more about his career, his wife's career, and a previous employee than he interviewed me for the position. He was comparing the work/education I have to theirs. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Gossip is the work of the devil. I cannot tell yet if you are that kind of person...Are you?   Answer Question

Interviewer was completely rude and offensive after the first few minutes of interview. No way I would ever work for someone like that. Interviewer could not offer salary any where near what I am currently making.

Delivery Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NAPA Auto Parts.

I got called from my application a day after I applied. We set up an appointment week later. Everything went well and got the job. I had to do a background check and everything, but the company they used to check is a hassle to deal with after many delays with the background check finally got called to report to the branch I was assigned to. Showed up to work and that is it.

Delivery Driver Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at NAPA Auto Parts.

Very easy, just ensure that you have a valid license and are ready to do many tasks other than driving.