NASA Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015

3.3

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NASA (Greenbelt, MD).

Interview

Interview panel, multiple structured questions. Behavior based interviewing process. Cool and calm atmosphere. Pleasant panelists. Thoughtful questions. The interviewers were obviously hand selected from related fields in the same or similar departments. It was great to see that they had prepared the process in advance and had a rigid agenda for the questions, which they rotated between individuals on the team. It was not a high pressure boiler room environment, yet the questions were very complete and thoughtful, including questions regarding both the technical matter at hand for the job as well as diversity in the workplace. I found this unique and indicative of a non-judgmental environment. But, you know how it is when you are interviewing (from either side of the table) - you never, ever know. My instincts told me that these people would probably be great to work with.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in this situation? What have you done similarly in the past? Describe a process similar to the work we execute in this Division.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NASA

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NASA.

Interview

Letters of recommendation, transcripts, several essays and short-answer questions--afterwards selected for a phone interview. Interview lasted about 30 minutes, and it was super casual--more like a conversation then question/answer question/answer, I think they're trying tell how well they would be able to work with you, because they already know your technical qualification from your resume.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NASA in August 2009.

Interview

Was contacted by HR to let me know that the hiring manager had requested an interview. Called hiring manager and scheduled interview. Interviewed with hiring manager for about one hour. HR called in a little more than a week to let me know that the hiring manager would like to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NASA in May 2009.

Interview

At first it was more of a behavioural interview baesd on my skills and strength. Then the harder part was when i was tested on my ability to use JAVAscript to manipulate a drving in simulator on google API to become a flight simulator.

Interview Questions

• are you able to use JAVAscript to manipulate a drving in simulator on google API to become a flight simulator.   Answer Question