NASA

Updated Feb 4, 2015
Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.2

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NASA.

Interview Process was pretty simple and straight forward. Mostly behavioral type questions. However, the questions can be difficult if you are not prepared for it. If you have projects that you have worked with NASA in the past, make sure you mention them and make sure to be prepared to answer why you want to work for NASA and where you want to work as well.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a situation where you have exhibited leadership to resolve a conflict   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NASA

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NASA in December 2014.

I applied to one of their internship positions online. I didn't hear back for another week until I got an emailing telling me to send my transcript over. After I did that I waited with no reply for about two months until I recieved an email asking to do a phone interview. After I had one phone interview asking about my life and telling me about the job description I had another phone interview later that week. Finally, I got an offer a week after my second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular, they just wanted to get to know you and see if you liked the job description and asked about your classes and relevant experiences.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at NASA.

Applied on college's career website. A few weeks later, human resources emailed and asked to send more information because the department was interested. Then HR set up a 30 minute phone interview for the following week. After interview, was notified within a few days. Was given less than a week to decide.

No negotiation

Intern Interview

I met with a professor who just reviewed my resume and I got the job.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NASA.

Phone interview after initial contact

Interviewed on the phone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NASA in March 2012.

I was given the email of one of the science team members, so I emailed her my cover letter and resume. She got back to me within a few days and we set up an in person meeting at a local coffee shop on campus. It was really laid-back and casual. She asked me what my experience was, what I could do, and what I hoped to get out of working with her.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you like space and geological processes?" She asked that because the job I was hired for involved a ton of reading NASA publications and condensing them for public consumption.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NASA in September 2011.

I had one interview. He was intersted in my college background and in my experience. The interview was very informal

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in special. My college background was my differencial to get the job   View Answer