NASA

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at NASA.

Applied on college's career website. A few weeks later, human resources emailed and asked to send more information because the department was interested. Then HR set up a 30 minute phone interview for the following week. After interview, was notified within a few days. Was given less than a week to decide.

No negotiation

IT Specialist Interview

Hiring process was quick. Team Manager was on vacation so another manager conducted interview. I was confused how he challenged my knowledge in the interview. But I stood firm to my answers and got the job. He wasn't an IT guy and I didn't know that at the time.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NASA in July 2014.

Interview process was through and very informative. The questions were directly related to position. The staff were professional and answered questions in detail. Positon described in detail regarding job responsibilities and knowledge required.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NASA.

Letters of recommendation, transcripts, several essays and short-answer questions--afterwards selected for a phone interview. Interview lasted about 30 minutes, and it was super casual--more like a conversation then question/answer question/answer, I think they're trying tell how well they would be able to work with you, because they already know your technical qualification from your resume.

Program Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NASA.

Easy - government is about who you know and get in at the right time (when there wan't a hiring freeze). I got a one on one interview with a manager who was in need of an intern and I go the position

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions about my experience. They needed people in the office so they spent most time telling me what I would be doing.   Answer Question
    No negotiations and they usually don't accept counter offers

Electronics Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NASA.

Applied on USAJOBS.gov, resume was chosen by the automated selection system and reffered to the hiring official, interviewed 2 months later, recieved offer letter and hired 2 weeks following the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Caeer background, electrical theory, and technical questions. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question
    You receive an offer letter then you can either accept the initial offer or counter. If you counter it usually takes an addtional few weeks while the offer is routed and approved.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NASA.

Transparent interview process. Straightforward approach where you're asked about education and experience that would help you succeed at the job. Multiple panel type interviews and a peer guide who will also give an opinion that HR will weigh. Phone interview will proceed in person interview. It is important to be honest and personable. Working in a collaborative environment is a required ability and will be looked for at all levels.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest failure that you've even had professionally? What was the failure? What was the result? How did you handle it? How did it make you better today?   Answer Question
    Had another offer that I used as leverage. Otherwise, not much negotiation on GS pay scales.

Video Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NASA in March 2014.

Typically rote, government-style interview. Tour of facility, met with two executive producers. They asked questions in a check-the-box manner than made me think they had already picked an internal candidate and were just going through the motions.

Interview Questions
    • You have such an interesting background. If you get this job, aren't you going to have buyer's remorse?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at NASA.

Applied at school job fair, interviewed a few days later. Standard behavioral interview. Very personable. Not difficult.

AST Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NASA.

One day, three interviews