NASCAR Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

3.2

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at NASCAR (Daytona Beach, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

The 1st round of interview was held in December 2014. I was asked behavioral questions, Questions about interests and experiences. The Diversity program head was very nice to talk to. The interview process was simple and lean. Not a sophisticated one which I experienced with other interviews.

What disappointed me is that, I was considered for the second round of interview. But today is 22nd April still no response, even after my continuous follow up.

Interview Questions

• What projects related to Motorsports field are you involved / were involved.
      What are your interests in the engineering department

1 Answer

Licensing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NASCAR.

Interview

The interview process was interesting. I had been interviewed for a position in March and had never heard back from anyone, so i thought I didn't get the job. I heard back from them in May asking if I was still interested because they had positions still available. I interviewed prob a few days later. The interview was very interesting but kinda fun as well. They asked me questions about "What exactly is being humble and how did you teach about that?" and some other interesting questions. I found out about a week later that I had got the job and only had about a week and a half to move to Charlotte.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NASCAR (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I applied for a position at NASCAR on a whim. I was not qualified for the role I applied for. To my surprise, a recruiter with NASCAR Digital Media called me anyway but wanted to discuss a different role that I had not applied. I listened and it sounded interesting so I continued through the process. The recruiter kept me informed every step of the way, providing much more information than is typical during the interview process. I wrote "thank you" notes to all of the folks I spoke with and met and to my surprise each one of them wrote back thanking me! The hiring manager asked difficult behavioral questions. Most of the other folks I met during the process were more conversational and were interested in my background and how I thought it might apply to NASCAR and more specifically to the job.

Interview Questions

• The behavioral questions asked by the hiring manager were tougher than the rest of the questions I encountered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer presented to me was within the "accept" range I had previously set for myself and I did not have to negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at NASCAR (Daytona Beach, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied to the NASCAR Diversity Internship Program online and one month later i got a phone call to do a first phone interview which consisted of behavioral questions. For example: What's your greatest strength? What's your greatest weakness? What's your ideal working environment etc. A month later i was contacted for a second interview which included a HR representative and the VP of the company I was going to intern with. The second interview was much more specific to my major which is engineering. I talked to the VP most of the time and he asked questions like what is my favorite class and also asked specific questions about my resume. Finally he asked me a very specific question about the internship that i wasn't prepared for but i believe i answered it right. After the second interview i received a phone call with an offer for the internship position which i accepted.

Digital Assets Logger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NASCAR (Charlotte, NC) in June 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview and two in person interviews which went well. Those I interviewed with seemed confident of my skills and abilities. However, after I completed the proper follow up after interviews, I never received any word either way. I would call to follow up and the answer was always the same: "we're still interviewing and deciding". After three interviews, the least you can do is tell me your final decision and why you made that decision. I understand if you found a better candidate. Just tell me that. It would have taken 30 seconds.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions too difficult. They basically went over my resume with me and asked about my prior experience for each item listed.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NASCAR in April 2011.

Interview

Initially, I applied online for an internship position and eventually got a call back from HR. The interview process consisted of two phone interviews, one with the HR people and the second with the department that I was going to work for. Overall, the questions were pretty general in both. The only gripe I had was that the interviews and final offer all happened pretty late in the semester not giving much time to think about relocation, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you encountered a problem while working in a team and how you overcame it.   Answer Question