NASDAQ OMX Group

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group.

Interview Details – I applied through college. After a week, I got a call for an in-person interview. Interview was mostly based on behavioral questions and my resume. It went very well. After that I contacted the recruiting manager couple of times through email and phone calls. I haven't yet heard back from the company.

Interview Question – It seems the interview was not scheduled properly. The technical people I was going to interview with, were not available.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interview Details: First received a call from HR asking general questions about interests and earliest date available for joining if required. She then fixed a date for a call with Team Manager for a technical interview. The Manager was very nice and polite. After asking some basic Java questions and about my graduate project, he explained neatly about the team and the role I would be offered. He then confirmed on the call itself that I was being offered the internship and that the process will be taken forward by the HR.

The HR asked me to fill up the required forms and email them to her, which I did duly on time. This is the problem started. Since I didn't get even a confirmation of receipt of my forms, I emailed her about the same, to which she replied after a week. After almost 2 weeks since I didn't hear back from her, I emailed her again. In the 3 weeks after these 2 weeks, I sent the HR multiple emails and even left voice messages, but she didn't give any update on my application process. When I contacted the Team Manager, he told me that he cannot do anything unless the HR gives some sort of confirmation (or worst case, at least a rejection).

Director Digital Interview

I applied online - interviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted online application and received call from HR about two weeks later. HR person was great-- more honest than most and very diligent. Set up in-person interview with hiring manager.

Interview Question – How would you deal with global cultural issues within the company?   View Answer

Regulatory Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen by HR, followed by an in-person interview with specific group members, and then a final interview with a manager that oversees this group. Another person from HR called to discuss background and salary expectations after final interview. Also had to complete an application packet. HR was generally helpful and friendly. Entire process took about 1.5 months.

Interview Question – Questions were fairly conversational, mostly about background and why position was a good fit. There were specific questions about interactions with other departments, IT programming, strengths / weaknesses, and dealing with a fast-paced work environment.   Answer Question

Global Human Resource Internship Interview

Interviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group

Interview Details – Ask about career development go through my résumé

Interview Question – Why do u choose this position despite your major   Answer Question

Software Specialist Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – There was no phone interview. After applying for the position and not hearing anything, but still seeing the position posted I made some phone calls. Eventually networked into somebody who helped. Got a call for an interview. The interview was very informal. Focused on even though it's NASDAQ it's not a trading position. I need somebody yesterday. The job description was for installation and training for new clients. I was told that even though it's a suppot role, there would be cross and up-selling opportunity. Was given some info and asked to prepare a presentation and schedule an appointment with the secretary to come back in 2-3 weeks. Upon trying to schedule the 2nd interview, my phone call where I left a voice mail was responded to via email regretting to inform me that they were considering more qualified candidates. I called back (this time I got the secretary) asking if there was some mistake because I was already asked to prepare a presentation and come back. Got an email from the manager say that upon further thought, he was only considering people with 3-5 years prior software sales experience.

Interview Question – There were no particularly difficult questions. It was a bizarre interview. for a small department. I'm not even really sure I was interviewed for the position I actually applied for despite my pulling out the posting and using it for talking points because there was a sales position listed that called for 3-5 years software sales experience that was also posted.   Answer Question

Analyst-- Mutual Fund Quotation Service Interview

Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – a phone interview from NYC office conducted by HR, very short around 15 minutes interview then followed by a onsite interview in MD. I interviewed with two managers together and totally was around more than 1 hour. They were asking normal behavior questions following by a list in the paper. Questions like what kind of working environment do you prefer or Tell me the experience analyzing data, etc.

Interview Question – Questions like what kind of working environment do you prefer or Tell me the experience analyzing data, etc.   Answer Question

NOC Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group in July 2009.

Interview Details – Nothing really technical it was mostly personal questions that were aimed at finding out whether or not you would be able to work on a team and handle a lot of amounts of stress.

Interview Question – How would you troubleshoot connectivity from a client to a hosted application here?   View Answer

Senior Quality Specialist Interview

Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied in-person and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Casual talk - related to experience, motivations and goals
2. Interview with Project Manager - Experience, goals, correlation to current job, comfort with Automation testing and coding (mostly Java), trading, clearing and risk knowledge
3. Interview with team members - fit interview Questions relate to experience.
 - Where do you see yourself in 5 years
 - Example of a time where you failed - what did you do
 - Example of a time when you showed collaboration
 - Example of a time when you showed leadership skills
 - How would you work within this team
4. HR interview
 - Experience
 - Fit
 - Compensation
 - Salary and benefits

Interview Question – - How would you work within this team   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group in June 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple phone calls with 2 managers then on-site with regional head. Presentation required.

Interview Question – What would your old boss say about you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Small increase but limited opportunity for second-round negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for NASDAQ OMX Group? Contribute to the Community!

NASDAQ OMX Group Videos

NASDAQ OMX Group – Why Work for Us?

Watch a Short Video about our Company A Global Market Leader The NASDAQ OMX Group owns and operates 26 markets, 3 clearing houses, and 5 central securities depositories, spanning six continents--making us the world’s… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NASDAQ OMX Group interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by NASDAQ OMX Group employees and interview candidates.