NASDAQ OMX Group

Updated Feb 13, 2015

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group in December 2014.

Good Interview, This was for the internship position in Philadelphia PA. They interviewed me on campus. Asked basic questions about my resume (stuff I worked on and previous experience) Asked me if I knew data structures such as Trees and Hash Maps, tables. Asked what the difference between an Interface and Abstract Class was. Could interface methods be defined, etc. Basic questions that you should have a concept of. It was my first "technical" interview when it came to coding questions (no coding was asked to be done though). Good experience and the guys interviewing me were awesome. Very nice and made the interview easy going.

Interview Questions
    • What's faster a Binary Tree or Hash map? - Wouldn't say it was most difficult but it was unexpected   View Answer

No option to say still deciding, But I'm still deciding.

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group in November 2014.

Very weird experience. Had six interviews. HR, Hiring Manager (supervisor of this position - phone and in-person), VP of Global Mktg. and CMO (in -person) - including an intensive homework assignment and presentation given. They professed extreme interest and then boom! Radio-silence for 2-1/2 mo. This after being told they would get back to me in a couple of days. Checked in before the holidays and told that with vacations etc. it was being pushed until after the first of the year. Periodic check-ins after the holidays were either not answered or I was told "we should know more by next week," "we should know more in a few days and you are one of the top candidates" "sorry for the delay but we'll know Wed. but you are one of the final three candidates." This over a period of months.

A couple of weeks would pass before I would check in again to try and get any sort of idea of what was going on. Last check-in I said I was very confused by the delay and just need to know something since I have other jobs that I'm interviewing for etc. and need to know if this is in play. The response was even weirder. "I'm told that the job is on temporary hold and you were one of the top candidates but they are exploring making an offer to someone else. Don't turn down any other offers because of our delays. But I'll know for sure by next week." Is the job on hold or are they offering it to someone else??" It was a HUGE cluster. Still is. Makes me not want to work there if they can't even manage a hiring process.

The CMO was excellent and has a great vision for the company's marketing future and the VP of Global Marketing also seemed very forward thinking. The HR guy was very nice and obviously managing something shady going on with the process. The hiring manager was very odd. Didn't really want to go through my work and would only vaguely answer what deliverables the department generated. Such a disappointment. This position has great potential but I'm afraid won't go anywhere due to a log jam in the org. chart.

Creative Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group in October 2014.

I approached the interview excited about the opportunity and left very disappointed. The hiring manager was very smug and asked irrelevant questions. He was evasive to my questions about what deliverables the department creates. I was told to bring my portfolio to the interview. When I tried to show him my work, he said he already saw enough of my work online. He informed me of his plans to let some current designers go just because they've worked there for awhile and he wants fresh talent. This place clearly doesn't value their people. I left confident that this isn't a good place to work.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group in August 2014.

There are two people doing the interview for me, and they are very nice and friendly. They set down with you and go though the project they interested in on my portfolio, we had a great conversation during this meeting. And at the end of the interview, they took me for a tour in there time sq's office and showroom. It was definitely a once in a lift time experience.

Interview Questions
    • 1.Talk about myself.
      3. Questions about projects.
      2.What's your most strength skill.

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview process was very thorough, both to test subject matter expertise as well as personality. Met with the entire team as well as the management and up to 2 levels above the hiring manager. HR was not as clear about the position, so meeting all the people (which seemed like a lot at first) was good. Helped understand the job and the personalities better.

Received another offer that was more lucrative as well as more in line with what I wanted

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockwell, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Rockwell, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group in May 2014.

Corresponded multiple times by email to set up a phone interview. After setting it up the phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was pretty straight foreword about past work and technical experience. The next step was to conduct certain tasks to show writing/programming abilities. This was to be completed after the interview though I did not hear from them again.

Operations Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group.

I applied through college. After a week, I got a call for an in-person interview. Interview was mostly based on behavioral questions and my resume. It went very well. After that I contacted the recruiting manager couple of times through email and phone calls. I haven't yet heard back from the company.

Interview Questions
    • It seems the interview was not scheduled properly. The technical people I was going to interview with, were not available.   Answer Question

Director Digital Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group in September 2013.

Submitted online application and received call from HR about two weeks later. HR person was great-- more honest than most and very diligent. Set up in-person interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with global cultural issues within the company?   View Answer

Regulatory Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at NASDAQ OMX Group.

Initial phone screen by HR, followed by an in-person interview with specific group members, and then a final interview with a manager that oversees this group. Another person from HR called to discuss background and salary expectations after final interview. Also had to complete an application packet. HR was generally helpful and friendly. Entire process took about 1.5 months.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly conversational, mostly about background and why position was a good fit. There were specific questions about interactions with other departments, IT programming, strengths / weaknesses, and dealing with a fast-paced work environment.   Answer Question

Global Human Resource Internship Interview

Ask about career development go through my résumé