NAVTEQ Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.7

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NAVTEQ (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

It took around 2 months from start to finish. I was first interviewed after a school career fair, and then again at their HQ

Interview Questions

• How would you estimate the number of stoplights in Chicago?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NAVTEQ (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

3 step process: 1) Technical Recruiter contacts you, tries to determine whether you fit the position being offered based on experience and keywords in your resume (the technical recruiter has no technical background). 2) Phone Interview: There is a scheduled 30 min phone interview where you will be asked basic questions about the main languages for the position at hand. 3) In Person Interview: there is a series of 4-45 minute interviews with a pair of interviewers each. The final pair will be the hiring manager and her/his 2nd in command (the ScrumMaster of the group). 4) Background Check: They will attempt to confirm your entire employment history that you put on your resume. Additionally, they will demand proof of your previous salary. This is a measure they take to keep your salary from coming in too high for their tastes.

Interview Questions

• -More in-depth questions about the language at hand and central libraries. (For Java, the Collections framework is focused on heavily). -Questions about Design Patterns (Gang of 4 book). -Questions about unit and integration testing, Agile Practices. -Logic Puzzles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Research the market before giving an expected range to the Technical recruiter, that number will come back to you during negotiations. The recruiter is the point of negotiation. It is their job to temper the enthusiasm of the hiring manager and keep the offer "within reason." Don't be afraid to ask, the worst they can do is counter offer or stick to their original plan.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NAVTEQ (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Gave my resume at JobFair, got mail to come to the Chicago office. 5 Interviews back-to-back. 30 mins each. Each interview was from a different team. Some concentrated on technical aspects, while others on behavioral skills and resume.

Interview Questions

• Asked for the difference between java 1.4 and java 1.5. I didn't expect something so google-able to be asked in an interview.   Answer Question
    • Scalability issue. Function receiving a streaming array of characters. Length might be in millions. So, array.length() is out of the question. Array is sorted ascending. Contains duplicates. Find the nth largest element.   Answer Question
    • Questions on Binary Search Tree. for eg, checking if a given tree is BST, Maximum diameter of BST.   1 Answer
    • HashMaps. Everything about it. Java hashing, hashcoding classes, general principal behind hashing, collision etc.   Answer Question
    • Cliche questions- final, finally. Exceptions, design patterns, MVC. Resume explanation, etc etc.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NAVTEQ (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interview first. Then onsite interview. 2 - 3 round of onsite interview with different people. Overall, the procedures are neat.

Interview Questions

• Most of difficult questions are technical questions. They are very good at technical skills.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NAVTEQ (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Gave my resume at college career fair. Was then selected for an on-campus interview in College. Cleared that and made it to the on-site technical interviews. All interviews went fairly well. Later on, had another technical interview on phone and was later told that there is a hiring freeze. Not very prompt on following up.

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NAVTEQ (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Multiple rounds. Phone and then in-person with 8-9 technical people. 1 behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Technical - QTP, Framework, UNIX, SQL Quality technical etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Contractors can negoatiate

Business Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NAVTEQ (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

Four (4) interviews total. One (1) phone interview, and three (3) face to face interviews. To accomplish these interviews in a six-week timeframe is aggressive, but positive if you're considered a candidate. Interviews were a combination of behavioral interviews as well as a case-based interview. Future advice to candidates would be to brush up on your case-based interview process questions. Regarding the people, office, and work culture, I would classify it as a technology start up culture, with a beginnings of the corporate parent exhibiting their values onto the organization.

Interview Questions

• If we provide a solution at $2/unit, then propose a bundled solution to our client at a higher price, what should that price be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room to negotiate. I feel the offer is very fair and equitable.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NAVTEQ (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

The recruiter called me based on seeing my resume on a job site. He arranged a phone screen with the hiring manager. About a week later I came into the office to meet with a number of people one on one and group style.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with staff that had been with the company for a long time, but were not ready to transition to Agile software development.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NAVTEQ (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

I spoke to the recruiters that came to my university for our career fair. Got an interview for the next day from that interaction. The interview lasted for about a half-hour and was a mixture of behavioral and technical questions. Behavioral questions included how I would get people to do things without having authority over them. Technical questions included testing a linked list with an error in it and explaining what a natural join was databases. A week or so after the interview I got contacted by someone from HR asking me some questions about my willingness to move and salary expectations. I didn't hear back from them for a few weeks after that and when I followed up they informed me that they had moved forward with another candidate.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NAVTEQ (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

I got an email from the Director of the department to set up a phone interview. Had the phone interview. Afterwards I had the interview on site with the same Director that I had the phone interview, another Director, a Manager a Scientist and HR. The interviews with the Directors and the Manager were more broad and general. The Scientist asked more technical questions like:" I have this issue, how would you approach it." Interview with HR was pretty standard. Interviews were relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important thing to take into account when collecting data from various different sensors?   1 Answer