NAVTEQ Interview Questions

2.8

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NAVTEQ (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

The recruiter called me based on seeing my resume on a job site. He arranged a phone screen with the hiring manager. About a week later I came into the office to meet with a number of people one on one and group style.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with staff that had been with the company for a long time, but were not ready to transition to Agile software development.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NAVTEQ (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

I spoke to the recruiters that came to my university for our career fair. Got an interview for the next day from that interaction.

The interview lasted for about a half-hour and was a mixture of behavioral and technical questions. Behavioral questions included how I would get people to do things without having authority over them. Technical questions included testing a linked list with an error in it and explaining what a natural join was databases.

A week or so after the interview I got contacted by someone from HR asking me some questions about my willingness to move and salary expectations. I didn't hear back from them for a few weeks after that and when I followed up they informed me that they had moved forward with another candidate.

IPhone Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at NAVTEQ (Carlsbad, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with one of their software developers. Flown down for a personal interview. This was the biggest waist of my time because they spent very little time with me. It seemed they just needed a body count for the hiring process and they had already made a decision.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NAVTEQ (Malvern, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

The HR first contacted me, and explained about Trafiic.com which was essentially acquired by Navteq, and he set up a technical phone interview. The lady who called me just started shooting technical questions at me without explaining about the position or the kind of work they do. I was then scheduled to meet with 3 technical people for a "casual" interview - but guess what..the first guy who came in had a 2 inch thick bundle of technical questions. They also explained how people are expected to work longer hours and during weekends if required.
    The Malvern campus looks really nice, but the attitude of this company is far from it's parent company based in Chicago - it has a small company feel to it. Also, the HR didn't even bother informing me that I wasn't selected.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NAVTEQ (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

I got an email from the Director of the department to set up a phone interview. Had the phone interview. Afterwards I had the interview on site with the same Director that I had the phone interview, another Director, a Manager a Scientist and HR. The interviews with the Directors and the Manager were more broad and general. The Scientist asked more technical questions like:" I have this issue, how would you approach it." Interview with HR was pretty standard.

Interviews were relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important thing to take into account when collecting data from various different sensors?   1 Answer

Senior UNIX Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NAVTEQ (Malvern, PA) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and open. The salary range was presented during the initial phone screen. During the in person interview, I met with the director of the group and two senior level team members. We discussed my previous work history and what skills I possessed. I was told about the core business and what a typical day is like. We discussed the company culture and how people interact with each other. Overall, it was a very positive discussion with all members.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at NAVTEQ (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

After SIX WEEKS of back and forth from their HR dept, I finally got an interview scheduled. Interview day comes, and interviewer gets tied up in a meeting. I received no notification until TWO hours of waiting around like a donkey. I still have yet to have the phone interview, but after seeing this hiring process circus act, Im extremely reluctant to even set foot in this place.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

Principal Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at NAVTEQ (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

Very drawn out and chaotic - positions appear, change, disappear. Strong nepotism - more then a third of hires are someone's (usually VP's) buddies.

Interview Questions

• What types of bingings are defined in the WSDL specification?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NAVTEQ (Wayne, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

I met them at the career fair. I gave them my resume and they scheduled an interview.

During the interview there were two people, a developer and an HR person. They asked me technical and general questions about what I wanted to do in the future and why I wanted to work there. They are a growing company working on location based advertising and maps for GPS systems.

Three days later, they called me and offered me the position and asked me when I wanted to start working.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that outputs the Fibonacci sequence.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NAVTEQ (Carlsbad, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I was asked to analyze a product and market and present it to my future team and manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a good and bad user experience?   Answer Question
    • How would you position 3D visual products against the current market?   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR needs work. Seems aloof.