NAVTEQ Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at NAVTEQ in September 2012.

The position was for Sr. Business Analyst role with experience in Agile methodology. First round was a telephonic round, which was more sort of screening. Second round was at their office in Malad, Mumbai. Second interview was a technical round conducted by two people - One was a Senior Business Analyst. Questions were situations based, some about Agile & mostly about resume. After clearing this round there was one HR round, it was conducted by HR head. He asked lot of questions about why I want to change my job. I couldn't give satisfying answer. Got rejected. Overall office was relatively small with casual atmosphere.

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NAVTEQ in March 2012.

By far the most forgettable experience in my career. These guys dont value time and have utmost disrespect for scheduled meetings. My interview was to start at 3pm, it began at 5pm; had a fruitful discussion with a panel of managers. Then met their Director, who was pressed for time and could give me only 5 min, he then asked me to meet his Sr. Manager, had to wait for 1.5 hrs and finally the interview concluded at 8pm. Day 2 - Meeting with HR, had to wait for 1.5 hrs again, this time he went for lunch. The experience was horrible. I could not sense any energy on their floor, seems everyone is happy in their comfort zone. Local Dialects more prevalent in conversations between managers. Not a good place to be, if one wishes to prosper. In hindsight i'm glad they found me notches above their expectations, but ti had to pass it. Cant work where people dont respect time.

Associate Geographic Technician Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NAVTEQ in November 2011.

1. Aptitude Test
        30 min, 45 questions(20 English, 15 maths)
    2. Group Discussion
    3. Interview( 2 rounds)

general computer knowledge is sufficient.
    fully paid training will be provided.

Fixed 1.75 lacs per annum for freshers

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at NAVTEQ in September 2011.

Got a call from HR, after a telecon called up for personal interview. Explained to me that there will be three rounds. One with the Sr. Production Manager, two with Director and last with HR. Interview was scheduled at 10 am, reached at 9:30 am, filled up the interview form and waited. After 30 minutes HR guy comes out and informs me that senior folks are in a meeting. Hours went by... frustrated... waited .... so at around 12:30, two of them turned up, though one was courteous enough to apologize. He asked general project management questions while the other guy seems to be stubborn and asked some out of the mark questions. Toiled hard to convince him.
    Office ambience seems good though the initial wait for hours made me feel that they don't value time. Advice to future candidates, go fully prepared and if you are working take a day's off as you might be occupied the whole day.

Geographic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at NAVTEQ in February 2011.

it was way too long selection procedure, they always kept me in secret the salary and benefits, then when I was finally notified about these aspects, I have to decline the offer

Interview Questions

salary was a misery...after 4 steps in the recruiting/selection procedure...including a driving test

they will never hire a geologist for that position with that salary here in mexico...

Student Worker, Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eschborn (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eschborn (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NAVTEQ in December 2010.

I gave this interview for student job. They asked me things about my CV, and little bit about programming tasks and know how about the skills i have. Later, they asked me for a face to face interview.
    It went smooth and lasted over 45-50 mins.

I was confident but they told me that they have some problem with hiring and they would come up with a result in about 1 month time.

After 1 month, i received a positive reply and they asked me to join from next month and in the email they asked me my salary expectations. I didn't tell them any specific figure but just told them about the salary students get at university (11 EUR/hr). I think hearing this, they were shocked, they didn't reply back for over 3 weeks before i inquired and they told me due to some reasons hiring is frozen and that once there is something they would let me know.

Overall, the interview person was very nice and welcoming. I really appreciate the way he conducted the interview, but i think company was they acted very unprofessional by keeping my in long wait without any proper answer or even rejection. And it is still pending (3.5 months passed).

Not a professional company at all.

GIS Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NAVTEQ in November 2010.

The recruiter contacted me on the phone and did the usual screening. She also asked me what salary I wanted, and was not open to negotiation. It was just the usual questions like why you want the job etc.

Then I was booked for an interview with the Australia/New Zealand manager. He was a pretty nice guy and quite insightful. He asked the usual questions like what does NAVTEQ do, what are your achievements, why do you want the position blah blah blah. Just prepare using the standard interview prep questions on Monster.com or similar. He also asked how I handle pressure and I hadn't prepared for this. He gave some good feedback to me about how he thought I answered the question so it was nice to learn something about myself during the interview too. He said a good interview goes 30 minutes although he has 45 minutes if needed. It went longer than 45 minutes but he didn't seem to mind. He said at the end he wanted me back for the next interview with the team i'd be working with.

These were two pretty cool guys as well. They again went through the same standard interview questions but obviously described in detail the role and the software I'd use. I connected with them although one of them was more nervous than me! We made some jokes and I also successfully communicated how keen I was to work for the company and how my whole plan doing the GIS degree initially was to eventually get an opportunity like this. They emphasised team work ability in their questions and the last one was how I handled a difficult problem in the past. I focused on how I solved a team work problem and they were impressed.

Both interviews were conspicuously free of technical questions. I was petrified the whole week before them and prepared lots by re-reading lecture notes on everything from positioning technologies to fundamentals of datums, projections to spatial databases. But nothing. Nothing at al technical.

They advised I got through to the third round, just a HR telephone interview by someone from overseas, but that hasn't happened yet.

Customer Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at NAVTEQ in November 2010.

Phone interview with Company recruiter, then after approx 10 days 1:1 interview with Hiring Manager. Good overall perception of the company, though they have been quite clear on the quite closed internal ladder. No chances to progress internally. Quite generic and standard email sent as feedback after the interview with no details about the reasons.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at NAVTEQ in June 2010.

The interview process was very laid back. They make sure you know your stuff but not in the overly intimidating way that some other corps enjoy

Interview Questions
    I was satisfied with my salary negotiation. They gave me more that I asked for

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NAVTEQ in May 2010.

After first phone call I was invited for personal interview. They ask only in general what I did etc and it seems that interview was going well until we came to "salary expectation question" I said 80000/ year and they were really surprised and this was probably the reason why I didn't get any offer.