NAVTEQ

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at NAVTEQ in September 2012.

Interview Details – The position was for Sr. Business Analyst role with experience in Agile methodology. First round was a telephonic round, which was more sort of screening. Second round was at their office in Malad, Mumbai. Second interview was a technical round conducted by two people - One was a Senior Business Analyst. Questions were situations based, some about Agile & mostly about resume. After clearing this round there was one HR round, it was conducted by HR head. He asked lot of questions about why I want to change my job. I couldn't give satisfying answer. Got rejected. Overall office was relatively small with casual atmosphere.

Interview Question – Why I want to change my job when the role is similar?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Senior Marketing Specialist
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NAVTEQ in March 2010.

Interview Details – Got a direct call with the manager. Then in few interviews met the HR director, as well the manager, then few persons from the team. In general the interviewing person was cold and distant, got some friendly attitude from the HR, which was helping to get down the stress level. In general all went well, just needed to get prepared with ideas for the future.

Negotiation Details – I was aming an increase of my actual salary, so all negotiatons went good. Could get even higher of what negotiated.

Associate Geographic Technician Interview

Associate Geographic Technician

The process took 3 days - interviewed at NAVTEQ in November 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Aptitude Test
    30 min, 45 questions(20 English, 15 maths)
2. Group Discussion
3. Interview( 2 rounds)

general computer knowledge is sufficient.
fully paid training will be provided.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Fixed 1.75 lacs per annum for freshers

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Leader Interview

Project Leader
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NAVTEQ in March 2012.

Interview Details – By far the most forgettable experience in my career. These guys dont value time and have utmost disrespect for scheduled meetings. My interview was to start at 3pm, it began at 5pm; had a fruitful discussion with a panel of managers. Then met their Director, who was pressed for time and could give me only 5 min, he then asked me to meet his Sr. Manager, had to wait for 1.5 hrs and finally the interview concluded at 8pm. Day 2 - Meeting with HR, had to wait for 1.5 hrs again, this time he went for lunch. The experience was horrible. I could not sense any energy on their floor, seems everyone is happy in their comfort zone. Local Dialects more prevalent in conversations between managers. Not a good place to be, if one wishes to prosper. In hindsight i'm glad they found me notches above their expectations, but ti had to pass it. Cant work where people dont respect time.

Interview Question – How did FMEA help structuring the process?   Answer Question

Production Interview

Production
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at NAVTEQ in September 2011.

Interview Details – Got a call from HR, after a telecon called up for personal interview. Explained to me that there will be three rounds. One with the Sr. Production Manager, two with Director and last with HR. Interview was scheduled at 10 am, reached at 9:30 am, filled up the interview form and waited. After 30 minutes HR guy comes out and informs me that senior folks are in a meeting. Hours went by... frustrated... waited .... so at around 12:30, two of them turned up, though one was courteous enough to apologize. He asked general project management questions while the other guy seems to be stubborn and asked some out of the mark questions. Toiled hard to convince him.
Office ambience seems good though the initial wait for hours made me feel that they don't value time. Advice to future candidates, go fully prepared and if you are working take a day's off as you might be occupied the whole day.

Interview Question – Project Management   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NAVTEQ in January 2009.

Interview Details – Had phone screen first and then called for personal interview. There were at least 4 people involved in the interview process. Technicla as well as managers. Stayed calm during the whole interview process and I was very confident about the position and succeeded.

Associate Geographic Technician Interview

Associate Geographic Technician

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NAVTEQ in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very Good. They had their best panel of interview members who were very co-operative as well as helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not at all. I didn't negotiation about the salary at all.

Geographic Analyst Interview

Geographic Analyst
Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at NAVTEQ in February 2011.

Interview Details – it was way too long selection procedure, they always kept me in secret the salary and benefits, then when I was finally notified about these aspects, I have to decline the offer

Interview Question – what do you expect of the company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary was a misery...after 4 steps in the recruiting/selection procedure...including a driving test

they will never hire a geologist for that position with that salary here in mexico...

Student Worker, Software Development Interview

Student Worker, Software Development
Eschborn (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NAVTEQ in December 2010.

Interview Details – I gave this interview for student job. They asked me things about my CV, and little bit about programming tasks and know how about the skills i have. Later, they asked me for a face to face interview.
It went smooth and lasted over 45-50 mins.

I was confident but they told me that they have some problem with hiring and they would come up with a result in about 1 month time.

After 1 month, i received a positive reply and they asked me to join from next month and in the email they asked me my salary expectations. I didn't tell them any specific figure but just told them about the salary students get at university (11 EUR/hr). I think hearing this, they were shocked, they didn't reply back for over 3 weeks before i inquired and they told me due to some reasons hiring is frozen and that once there is something they would let me know.

Overall, the interview person was very nice and welcoming. I really appreciate the way he conducted the interview, but i think company was they acted very unprofessional by keeping my in long wait without any proper answer or even rejection. And it is still pending (3.5 months passed).

Not a professional company at all.

Interview Question – why would you want to apply for this job?   Answer Question

Customer Program Manager Interview

Customer Program Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NAVTEQ in November 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with Company recruiter, then after approx 10 days 1:1 interview with Hiring Manager. Good overall perception of the company, though they have been quite clear on the quite closed internal ladder. No chances to progress internally. Quite generic and standard email sent as feedback after the interview with no details about the reasons.

Interview Question – no specific difficult questions   Answer Question