NAVTEQ Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at NAVTEQ in January 2013.

3 step process:
1) Technical Recruiter contacts you, tries to determine whether you fit the position being offered based on experience and keywords in your resume (the technical recruiter has no technical background).
2) Phone Interview: There is a scheduled 30 min phone interview where you will be asked basic questions about the main languages for the position at hand.
3) In Person Interview: there is a series of 4-45 minute interviews with a pair of interviewers each. The final pair will be the hiring manager and her/his 2nd in command (the ScrumMaster of the group).
4) Background Check: They will attempt to confirm your entire employment history that you put on your resume. Additionally, they will demand proof of your previous salary. This is a measure they take to keep your salary from coming in too high for their tastes.

Interview Questions
  • -More in-depth questions about the language at hand and central libraries. (For Java, the Collections framework is focused on heavily).
    -Questions about Design Patterns (Gang of 4 book).
    -Questions about unit and integration testing, Agile Practices.
    -Logic Puzzles.
      Answer Question
Research the market before giving an expected range to the Technical recruiter, that number will come back to you during negotiations. The recruiter is the point of negotiation. It is their job to temper the enthusiasm of the hiring manager and keep the offer "within reason." Don't be afraid to ask, the worst they can do is counter offer or stick to their original plan.

Other Interview Reviews for NAVTEQ

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malvern, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at NAVTEQ in January 2011.

The HR first contacted me, and explained about Trafiic.com which was essentially acquired by Navteq, and he set up a technical phone interview. The lady who called me just started shooting technical questions at me without explaining about the position or the kind of work they do. I was then scheduled to meet with 3 technical people for a "casual" interview - but guess what..the first guy who came in had a 2 inch thick bundle of technical questions. They also explained how people are expected to work longer hours and during weekends if required.
    The Malvern campus looks really nice, but the attitude of this company is far from it's parent company based in Chicago - it has a small company feel to it. Also, the HR didn't even bother informing me that I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NAVTEQ in January 2009.

Had phone screen first and then called for personal interview. There were at least 4 people involved in the interview process. Technicla as well as managers. Stayed calm during the whole interview process and I was very confident about the position and succeeded.

Worked for NAVTEQ? Contribute to the Community!