NBA

Updated Nov 6, 2014

3.1

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBA in October 2014.

Call with HR three weeks after I submitted an application. Call went well, then radio silence. Another three weeks went by before I got the next email asking to set up in-persons. In-person meetings the following week, then more the week after that. It's now been 8 weeks since I initially submitted for the position and still no decision. At this point I've already moved on. Everyone I met with was very nice, but there is no way they'll attract top talent dragging their feet this long during the hiring process, treating prospective employees this way.

Interview Questions
    • Biggest mistake you've made during your career - how you handled it and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NBA.

Job was presented via employment agency. After 2 phone screens and 3 in person interviews, and a background check, I was offered an temp to hire position.

Interview Questions
    • Because I knew what the company was looking for, it made the interview process very easy.   View Answer
    Temp to hire so no negotiations on salary

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at NBA.

Found position online, applied online and received a call to schedule an interview a few weeks later

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses that would make it a challenge for you to work here?   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Coordinator Interview

Generic interview, behavioural questions mostly

Interview Questions
    Were not willing to negotiate

Marketing Intern Interview

My interview at the NBA in New York, New York was a great experience. The building was awesome and the people were great. The questions were straight forward and not that hard to answer.

Jam Session Manager Interview

I had a referral and the process took about one week.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was basic. Tell us about the last time you had a difficult situation and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NBA in May 2013.

A very thorough interview process--by far the most rigorous one I underwent throughout my job hunt.

I began by submitting resume, cover letter and writing sample. I heard back from the company about three weeks after the deadline by email, informing me of an initial phone screen.

The first interview was a behavioral interview with an HR manager, with questions such as "Tell me about a time you struggled." I heard back 5 weeks later about a second interview.

Round 2 was more lax. It was conducted by two NBA team members: the head of HR and a current associate. They asked me questions about my resume, experience and interest in the NBA.

One week later I heard back from the NBA, inviting me for a final round in NYC. This one involved a 7-minute PowerPoint presentation explaining why one is an excellent candidate (delivered in front of a 8-10 person panel), a panel interview by these same people, a written case study and a quiz about the NBA. If you specified fluency in a language, they will conduct an interview in that language to test your proficiency. At the time I also had to complete and pass a background check.

Less than a week later I received a phone call with the final status notification. Though the process was intense, I enjoyed meeting many people at the company who were all nice and passionate about their work.

Interview Questions
    • Given your background in a different field, why the NBA?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NBA.

Phone Interview followed by two seperate in person interviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where something went wrong and how you handled/solved the situation.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NBA in September 2012.

Contacted by staffing company, had a phone interview with dept head a week later, had an on site interview weeks later, had a 3rd interviewed scheduled for the same day Sandy hit which was cancelled and eventually rescheduled 2 weeks later. Met with 3 CDs and was offered and accepted the position 2 weeks later. A little drawn out.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like basketball which I never had the chance to answer since the CD's couldn't agree if the question was relevant or not?   View Answer
    Very easy and standard.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBA in October 2010.

Applied on the NBA website. Received a call from a recruiter to setup a phone interview. The recruiting process has two phone interviews (one 1:1 and one group) and a final round interview on site. The recruiter seemed very nice and approachable.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you faced something boring or mundane. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question