NBA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

3.1

NBAProgram Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBA.

Interview

Interview first with a recruiter( hiring manager). Skype, it was pretty straightforward. Next interview was with head of specific department more specific questions. Wasn't too bad. Took them awhile to get back to me though. The experience was fine.

Interview Questions

• Working with team, when you ran into a tough situation how do you respond?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBA.

Interview

Online application. 3 weeks to a month wait between applying and first contact. 1st interview: Contacted by a recruiter via email, discussed resume and a lot of behavioral questions (ex. describe a time when you disagreed with a supervisor). 2-3 months later contacted via email again. 2nd interview: Contacted by the hiring manager in the department for which I applied. Discussed resume, more behavioral questions. A week later: 3rd interview: Contacted by another member of the department, talked about resume, and asked specific questions about the department. Skype interview. **Not everyone gets a third interview like this. I was contacted by a recruiter within 48 hours with my offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a supervisor and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBA in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, the process took 3+ months. The first round is via skype with an HR reprsentative. It consists of basic behavioral questions. The second round is via skype with another HR representative alongside a current associate. This elaborates on first round questions, asks more hypotheticals specifically as they relate to your resume experience ("tell me a time you struggled, describe when you took leadership, etc"). The Third round in New York consists of a short quiz, a writted case study test, and finally a panel interview/presentation in front of top executives. During this they will ask you about specific departments you'd like to work for and different challenges facing the NBA's business.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges facing the expansion of the NBA?   Answer Question

Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NBA in December 2014.

Interview

During the first round, I had a phone interview detailing the Associate program with a few general questions. The second round was more formal via Skype with HR members and a current Associate. We went through my resume, strengths/weaknesses, and general knowledge of the league and current issues. The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions. The current associate was helpful in answering questions about the program generally. In total, the interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Call with HR three weeks after I submitted an application. Call went well, then radio silence. Another three weeks went by before I got the next email asking to set up in-persons. In-person meetings the following week, then more the week after that. It's now been 8 weeks since I initially submitted for the position and still no decision. At this point I've already moved on. Everyone I met with was very nice, but there is no way they'll attract top talent dragging their feet this long during the hiring process, treating prospective employees this way.

Interview Questions

• Biggest mistake you've made during your career - how you handled it and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NBA (Secaucus, NJ).

Interview

Job was presented via employment agency. After 2 phone screens and 3 in person interviews, and a background check, I was offered an temp to hire position.

Interview Questions

• Because I knew what the company was looking for, it made the interview process very easy.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Temp to hire so no negotiations on salary

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NBA (Springfield, MA).

Interview

Found position online, applied online and received a call to schedule an interview a few weeks later

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses that would make it a challenge for you to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations

Coordinator Interview

Interview

Generic interview, behavioural questions mostly

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Were not willing to negotiate

Marketing Intern Interview

Interview

My interview at the NBA in New York, New York was a great experience. The building was awesome and the people were great. The questions were straight forward and not that hard to answer.

Jam Session Manager Interview

Interview

I had a referral and the process took about one week.

Interview Questions

• Everything was basic. Tell us about the last time you had a difficult situation and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question