NBA Interview Questions

3.1

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Secaucus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at NBA.

Job was presented via employment agency. After 2 phone screens and 3 in person interviews, and a background check, I was offered an temp to hire position.

Interview Questions
    • Because I knew what the company was looking for, it made the interview process very easy.   Answer Question
    Temp to hire so no negotiations on salary

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at NBA.

Found position online, applied online and received a call to schedule an interview a few weeks later

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses that would make it a challenge for you to work here?   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Coordinator Interview

Generic interview, behavioural questions mostly

Interview Questions
    Were not willing to negotiate

Marketing Intern Interview

My interview at the NBA in New York, New York was a great experience. The building was awesome and the people were great. The questions were straight forward and not that hard to answer.

Jam Session Manager Interview

I had a referral and the process took about one week.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was basic. Tell us about the last time you had a difficult situation and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at NBA in May 2013.

A very thorough interview process--by far the most rigorous one I underwent throughout my job hunt.

I began by submitting resume, cover letter and writing sample. I heard back from the company about three weeks after the deadline by email, informing me of an initial phone screen.

The first interview was a behavioral interview with an HR manager, with questions such as "Tell me about a time you struggled." I heard back 5 weeks later about a second interview.

Round 2 was more lax. It was conducted by two NBA team members: the head of HR and a current associate. They asked me questions about my resume, experience and interest in the NBA.

One week later I heard back from the NBA, inviting me for a final round in NYC. This one involved a 7-minute PowerPoint presentation explaining why one is an excellent candidate (delivered in front of a 8-10 person panel), a panel interview by these same people, a written case study and a quiz about the NBA. If you specified fluency in a language, they will conduct an interview in that language to test your proficiency. At the time I also had to complete and pass a background check.

Less than a week later I received a phone call with the final status notification. Though the process was intense, I enjoyed meeting many people at the company who were all nice and passionate about their work.

Interview Questions
    • Given your background in a different field, why the NBA?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBA.

Phone Interview followed by two seperate in person interviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where something went wrong and how you handled/solved the situation.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months - interviewed at NBA in September 2012.

Contacted by staffing company, had a phone interview with dept head a week later, had an on site interview weeks later, had a 3rd interviewed scheduled for the same day Sandy hit which was cancelled and eventually rescheduled 2 weeks later. Met with 3 CDs and was offered and accepted the position 2 weeks later. A little drawn out.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like basketball which I never had the chance to answer since the CD's couldn't agree if the question was relevant or not?   View Answer
    Very easy and standard.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBA in January 2010.

Mostly done through the NBA human resources division.

Had better offer with significant more salary and career growth potential at another firm.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBA in February 2010.

First phone interviewed with a Staffing Coordinator, then in person interview with Staffing Manager. Two weeks later got called back for an interview with the hiring manager and then got called back for a forth and fifth interview with the VP and SVP of Finance.

Interview Questions
    • Form interview questions on things like strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question
    HR really didnt want to budge with salary. Eventually, they offered me $2k more than I asked and a $2,500 signing bonus.

Worked for NBA? Contribute to the Community!