NBA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Secaucus, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at NBA.

Interview Details – Job was presented via employment agency. After 2 phone screens and 3 in person interviews, and a background check, I was offered an temp to hire position.

Interview Question – Because I knew what the company was looking for, it made the interview process very easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Temp to hire so no negotiations on salary

Intern Interview

Intern
Springfield, MA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at NBA.

Interview Details – Found position online, applied online and received a call to schedule an interview a few weeks later

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses that would make it a challenge for you to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Negotiation Details – Were not willing to negotiate

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

Interviewed at NBA

Interview Details – My interview at the NBA in New York, New York was a great experience. The building was awesome and the people were great. The questions were straight forward and not that hard to answer.

Interview Question – Why you?   Answer Question

Jam Session Manager Interview

Jam Session Manager

Interviewed at NBA

Interview Details – I had a referral and the process took about one week.

Interview Question – Everything was basic. Tell us about the last time you had a difficult situation and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NBA in May 2013.

Interview Details – A very thorough interview process--by far the most rigorous one I underwent throughout my job hunt.

I began by submitting resume, cover letter and writing sample. I heard back from the company about three weeks after the deadline by email, informing me of an initial phone screen.

The first interview was a behavioral interview with an HR manager, with questions such as "Tell me about a time you struggled." I heard back 5 weeks later about a second interview.

Round 2 was more lax. It was conducted by two NBA team members: the head of HR and a current associate. They asked me questions about my resume, experience and interest in the NBA.

One week later I heard back from the NBA, inviting me for a final round in NYC. This one involved a 7-minute PowerPoint presentation explaining why one is an excellent candidate (delivered in front of a 8-10 person panel), a panel interview by these same people, a written case study and a quiz about the NBA. If you specified fluency in a language, they will conduct an interview in that language to test your proficiency. At the time I also had to complete and pass a background check.

Less than a week later I received a phone call with the final status notification. Though the process was intense, I enjoyed meeting many people at the company who were all nice and passionate about their work.

Interview Question – Given your background in a different field, why the NBA?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBA.

Interview Details – Phone Interview followed by two seperate in person interviews

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where something went wrong and how you handled/solved the situation.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NBA in September 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by staffing company, had a phone interview with dept head a week later, had an on site interview weeks later, had a 3rd interviewed scheduled for the same day Sandy hit which was cancelled and eventually rescheduled 2 weeks later. Met with 3 CDs and was offered and accepted the position 2 weeks later. A little drawn out.

Interview Question – Do you like basketball which I never had the chance to answer since the CD's couldn't agree if the question was relevant or not?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very easy and standard.

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBA in January 2010.

Interview Details – Mostly done through the NBA human resources division.

Reason for Declining – Had better offer with significant more salary and career growth potential at another firm.

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBA in February 2010.

Interview Details – First phone interviewed with a Staffing Coordinator, then in person interview with Staffing Manager. Two weeks later got called back for an interview with the hiring manager and then got called back for a forth and fifth interview with the VP and SVP of Finance.

Interview Question – Form interview questions on things like strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR really didnt want to budge with salary. Eventually, they offered me $2k more than I asked and a $2,500 signing bonus.

Interviews for Top Jobs at NBA

Worked for NBA? Contribute to the Community!