NBC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

3.2

Production Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at NBC.

The interviewers were rushed and overwhelmed; they had been left in the lurch by a former employee and were scrambling to reassemble before the next season started. The panel was running late and extremely flustered, which I understood, as they were just days away from having to put on the show. That said, it seemed as if one of the producers was looking for certain qualities, while the other producer was looking for the exact opposite, so there was a bit of arguing among the interviewers and I felt as if I was watching a tennis match at times.

Interview Questions
    • "We would love for you be able to start this week -- we're in a huge jam! Could you possibly make it work?" from one producer, as the other Immediately followed with, "Why would you be okay with leaving your current job on such short notice?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

What do you know about NBC?

Coordinator Interview

Interview Questions
    • None You need to just be yourself. If you have a true passion for television you will get the job and if not that will show through and you wont be hired. Make sure you watch TV and know what is going on in the entertainment industry.   Answer Question

Announcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at NBC.

Series of phone calls, submitted VO reel, 5 Test Shows

My Agent handled that

Environmental Health & Safety Manager - NBC Sports Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at NBC in June 2013.

The process started with the Recruiter who contacted from my online profile at the company. Over the phone Se went over general questions to see if I am interested in moving to Connecticut for the job.

The second week, I met with the Hiring manger. He went over the resume

Interview Questions
    • The VP asked me " I know you have the education and experience, tell what something about yourself that is not capture in your resume"   View Answer
    They gave me a number, I asked for 10k more and they come back with a descent offer. I am very pleased with the package in all

Project Manager- Broadcast Engineer ( This Was A High Level Job) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBC.

Do 2/3 hours research. Know the latest NBC news and wiki. Knowledge is confidence. HR was typical telephone Interview. They obviously read the job spec. and weren't exactly sure of what it took to do that job. YOU SHOULD! Read the spec. Have a good story/interest/knowledge on it all as my HR person basically went down that list. I didn't ask questions I knew I could get answers for later. You need to get past the HR guy and get a second interview. HR is corporate bureaucracy. Nive , be prepared and be knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
    The HR said that a ;particular benefit was not applicable to this job. I didn't argue or question it. I just wanted to get through the HR interview. I did get through that interview and when offered the job i worked that particular benefit into the position and i was granted it. This is not my first Rodeo. The whole process happened lightening fast as they wanted someone. That''s how it goes. It can be quick if required. I had 3 interviews. HR (phone), manager (Skype) and management ( in person) - They flew me out.

Marketing/Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at NBC in December 2010.

HR sent an email to confirm receipt of application. Marketing manager followed up within 2 weeks to schedule an interview. The interview was very casual and was conversational, she just wanted to know more about me and why I wanted an internship with NBC San Diego. The manager was very friendly and the office was very nice (located in downtown San Diego). Didn't get the internship but would definitely apply again.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of working style do you have (independent, teamwork, etc)?   Answer Question

Web Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBC in January 2010.

easy, thorough and well-thought out, personable interviewer, good give and take, solid questions that provided an opportunity to tease out aspects of my background that were supportive to the position.

simple, non-confrontational

Dateline NBC Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBC in October 2009.

In order to be qualified for an interview you needed to send a resume, cover letter, and write up a commentary on an episode of Dateline that you enjoyed. Though in-person interviews were available, I did one over the phone. Following the interview, I was offered the position a couple of weeks later. If you can do an in-person interview though, do so. I was told by my supervisor at the end of my internship that having mine done over the phone hurt my application and was saved by the fact that I knew someone who worked in the office that vouched for me.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing truly difficult or unexpected. Just basic interview questions along with what you like about Dateline and why you want to work for the show and NBC in general.   Answer Question

Intern At NBC Los Angeles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NBC in June 2009.

I got a referral to the hiring manager from a college professor/current employee. She called me the next day and set me up to interview with the person I ended up working for. The next day i got a call that I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What is your previous experience in the news industry?   Answer Question
    None I was an intern

Worked for NBC? Contribute to the Community!