NBC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

3.2

Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NBC (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had an short interview on the phone after sending my resume in. I was then invited to come in and take a writing test. This test took about an hour to complete. It included multiple choice questions to test grammar and broadcast style knowledge. I was then given three example stories and asked to write a 45 second VO for each.

Interview Questions

• Do you know broadcast style when it comes to writing numbers, city names, etc?   Answer Question

Page Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NBC.

Interview

Just participated in the panel interview, which was a very intimidating experience. However, it was not as terrifying as previously portrayed-- it is a very communal atmosphere and you are give quite a bit of individual attention. What is really scary is how accomplished the other interviewees are, which is something that is best not to let intimidate you. Contains three parts-- one question given to you and all other interviewees, then everyone is interviewed individually by the panel, and then 2 minute presentations.

Interview Questions

• "If I called your supervisor right now, what is something they would say you can work on?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NBC.

Interview

The interviewers were rushed and overwhelmed; they had been left in the lurch by a former employee and were scrambling to reassemble before the next season started. The panel was running late and extremely flustered, which I understood, as they were just days away from having to put on the show. That said, it seemed as if one of the producers was looking for certain qualities, while the other producer was looking for the exact opposite, so there was a bit of arguing among the interviewers and I felt as if I was watching a tennis match at times.

Interview Questions

• "We would love for you be able to start this week -- we're in a huge jam! Could you possibly make it work?" from one producer, as the other Immediately followed with, "Why would you be okay with leaving your current job on such short notice?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

What do you know about NBC?

Coordinator Interview

Interview

Interview Questions

• None You need to just be yourself. If you have a true passion for television you will get the job and if not that will show through and you wont be hired. Make sure you watch TV and know what is going on in the entertainment industry.   Answer Question

Announcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at NBC (New York, NY).

Interview

Series of phone calls, submitted VO reel, 5 Test Shows

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My Agent handled that

Environmental Health & Safety Manager - NBC Sports Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NBC (Stamford, CT) in June 2013.

Interview

The process started with the Recruiter who contacted from my online profile at the company. Over the phone Se went over general questions to see if I am interested in moving to Connecticut for the job. The second week, I met with the Hiring manger. He went over the resume

Interview Questions

• The VP asked me " I know you have the education and experience, tell what something about yourself that is not capture in your resume"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me a number, I asked for 10k more and they come back with a descent offer. I am very pleased with the package in all

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBC (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Do 2/3 hours research. Know the latest NBC news and wiki. Knowledge is confidence. HR was typical telephone Interview. They obviously read the job spec. and weren't exactly sure of what it took to do that job. YOU SHOULD! Read the spec. Have a good story/interest/knowledge on it all as my HR person basically went down that list. I didn't ask questions I knew I could get answers for later. You need to get past the HR guy and get a second interview. HR is corporate bureaucracy. Nive , be prepared and be knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The HR said that a ;particular benefit was not applicable to this job. I didn't argue or question it. I just wanted to get through the HR interview. I did get through that interview and when offered the job i worked that particular benefit into the position and i was granted it. This is not my first Rodeo. The whole process happened lightening fast as they wanted someone. That''s how it goes. It can be quick if required. I had 3 interviews. HR (phone), manager (Skype) and management ( in person) - They flew me out.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBC (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewing was an extremely long process. I had to meet with many different layers of company from initially HR, then my would be immediate supervisor to potential key coworkers from various departments. I came back 3 times because unfortunately not everyone was able to meet with me on the same day. I worked in LI so trip to NYC was difficult because I had to leave my then current job early enough to get to the interview before everyone left for the day. At my 3rd interview HR finally did offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me the usual standard questions but my future boss kept asking me how I would handle a situation creatively. The position was for an art director of an entertainment company and even though I had prior entertainment experience my current job at that time was in pharmaceuticals. Also i thought it was strang at the time but HR asked me if I would have a problem firing people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an increase of $10,000 over intial offer

Marketing/Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NBC (San Diego, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

HR sent an email to confirm receipt of application. Marketing manager followed up within 2 weeks to schedule an interview. The interview was very casual and was conversational, she just wanted to know more about me and why I wanted an internship with NBC San Diego. The manager was very friendly and the office was very nice (located in downtown San Diego). Didn't get the internship but would definitely apply again.

Interview Questions

• What kind of working style do you have (independent, teamwork, etc)?   Answer Question