NBCUniversal

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Broadcast Operations Specialist Interview

Broadcast Operations Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiter found my resume on CareerBuilder and contacted me with the job description, didn't state for what company but said it was a contract position. After the initial phone interview, I spoke to her additional 3 times to clarify some parts of my resume, more specifically the part of resume that I copy/pasted from the job description into my resume. In total, it took about a week and a half to get the interview set.
The first interview was 1 on 1 with my current manager. It was about 1.5 hours long, and included some technical questions, some hr / personality type questions, she explained the job position thoroughly, showed me the offices, etc. I asked questions about management hierarchy, team size, company structure, etc. The first interview was on Tuesday. I sent the follow up letter to the recruiter to forward it to my manager immediately.
On Wednesday, the recruiter told me that they want me to come for the second round. We set up the interview for Friday. It was another 1.5 hours long, only this time I spoke to 3 people, one on one style: my manager (again, for about 45min), another manager that closely works with my current team (30 min), and the VP of the department (15min). The second manager asked me a lot of HR questions like: what was the thing you mostly regret doing in the past at previous jobs, etc. The session with the VP was quick with only few questions about how I feel about the position. I sent another follow up letter via recruiter and addressed to my manager, but also expressed thanks and regards for other two interviewers.
On the following week the recruiter told me that she needs to do my background check and that I am one of the top two candidates. She then called only one of my references (my ex boss) to ask about me. By Thursday I was asked when can I start working.
It was an hourly payed contract position so no space for salary or benefits negotiation.
10 months later I became a staff employee and was able to negotiate a salary increase for a little. The benefits are standardized for the entire company and were not negotiable at my position level.

Interview Question – What is one thing that you think you should have done differently on one of your previous jobs, something that you regret doing?   View Answer

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!