NBCUniversal

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview with recruiter was fine, but when I met with my potential boss, she was stressed and distracted with work the first half of our interview. I was prepared for more specific questions pertaining to tasks the job entailed, but she ended up asking very broad generic questions and wasn't taken with my responses.

Interview Question – What was your biggest professional achievement?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NBCUniversal in November 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call from a recruiter and did a phone interview. Was then scheduled for an in-person interview with HR and the team the position was on. In-person interviews went well. Prepare to ask a lot of questions to the interviewers because they expect you to. One person I interviewed with was fairly cocky, but that's what you're going to get when interviewing at such a renowned company. Definitely know about GE and Comcast and how they have plans for change with NBCUniversal. Recruiter e-mailed me at 3 a.m. to tell me they were going with another person. This interview experience paled in comparison to the other similar companies I interviewed with.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in this field? What did you do at company X? Are you ready to work late nights and weekends?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – first consisted of a phone interview ( very brief 5 minutes) why this position? what do you see yourself doing in 5 years etc)
Next in-person interview with screener - and next was interview with director. Overall, very structured, responsive HR

Interview Question – describe a stressful situation   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 2+ months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2012.

Interview Details – While the actual interviews seemed to be quite standard (normal questions regarding to previous job history, interests in the company, future goals, weaknesses/strengths) - the overall process itself was much longer than any other company I have dealt with.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email and asked to come in for an interview for a position I applied to on the website. I was very excited as I am very fond of NBC Universal. My initial interview was with the recruiter which went very well. I ended interview with people total which in my opinion is a bit excessive. To ask someone that is currently employed to come back 4 different times to interview is inconsiderate of the candidate. It is the job of the HR recruiter to assess the person for a fit and move on. Not need the opinion of 3 other colleagues. I was it was between me and 3 other candidates. I received a voicemail stating they went with another candidate. The interesting part was the voicemail was from someone in HR I really didn't interact with which I thought was strange and cowardly. I am very disappointed in the entire process and feel I dodged a bullet by not getting the job. I do not want to work for a company that is inconsiderate of people's time.

Interview Question – How do you organize your day?   Answer Question

Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NBCUniversal in November 2009.

Interview Details – they were quick to make a decision.

Interview Question – what is your philosophy on life and work?   Answer Question

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!