NBCUniversal Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy going and light but covered quite a deal on what your experience is, what you know about media, what were your current roles, how well can your perform under pressure. How organized are you, can you assist with other roles if necessary, would you be able to do overtime if that were to happen? What's your experience with coordinating meetings and huge events? Overall the interview went smoothly, it wasn't tedious and overbearing.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite Movies?   1 Answer
  • What are tasks you've done as a coordinator?   1 Answer
  • Are you familiar with doing presentations?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through employee referral and heard back the next day from HR. Set up a brief informational interview with HR for one week later. When the time came for the phone interview, HR kept pushing it back by an hour because of problems arising in the office. Finally when came time to interview, it aws very brief, just a few basic questions and then we scheduled an in person interview with the department. After the in person interview I was told a decisions was being made "soon" and I would hear back "soon." After a week and a half, I followed up with HR and expressed my continued interest and was told they were finalizing a final round of candidates and I would hear back "soon." After not hearing anything for a few weeks I figured I didn't get the position and finally two months after my initial phone interview I got a generic email that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NBC   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2013.

Interview

The interview with recruiter was fine, but when I met with my potential boss, she was stressed and distracted with work the first half of our interview. I was prepared for more specific questions pertaining to tasks the job entailed, but she ended up asking very broad generic questions and wasn't taken with my responses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter and did a phone interview. Was then scheduled for an in-person interview with HR and the team the position was on. In-person interviews went well. Prepare to ask a lot of questions to the interviewers because they expect you to. One person I interviewed with was fairly cocky, but that's what you're going to get when interviewing at such a renowned company. Definitely know about GE and Comcast and how they have plans for change with NBCUniversal. Recruiter e-mailed me at 3 a.m. to tell me they were going with another person. This interview experience paled in comparison to the other similar companies I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in this field? What did you do at company X? Are you ready to work late nights and weekends?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

first consisted of a phone interview ( very brief 5 minutes) why this position? what do you see yourself doing in 5 years etc) Next in-person interview with screener - and next was interview with director. Overall, very structured, responsive HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

While the actual interviews seemed to be quite standard (normal questions regarding to previous job history, interests in the company, future goals, weaknesses/strengths) - the overall process itself was much longer than any other company I have dealt with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted via email and asked to come in for an interview for a position I applied to on the website. I was very excited as I am very fond of NBC Universal. My initial interview was with the recruiter which went very well. I ended interview with people total which in my opinion is a bit excessive. To ask someone that is currently employed to come back 4 different times to interview is inconsiderate of the candidate. It is the job of the HR recruiter to assess the person for a fit and move on. Not need the opinion of 3 other colleagues. I was it was between me and 3 other candidates. I received a voicemail stating they went with another candidate. The interesting part was the voicemail was from someone in HR I really didn't interact with which I thought was strange and cowardly. I am very disappointed in the entire process and feel I dodged a bullet by not getting the job. I do not want to work for a company that is inconsiderate of people's time.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in November 2009.

Interview

they were quick to make a decision.