NBCUniversal Director Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

3.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from talent requisition in 2 weeks. Screening call went went and I was invited for an on-site interview with the VP. The interview was only for half an hour. That went really well as well and then I was invited to interview the next week with a Director that the position required to work with and HR people. All interviews went really well and they told me I had almost reached the final step. Even before I stepped out of the building, I was told they were for reference checks. They called all 3 of my references within that week. But did not hear back from them for over 3 weeks - I followed up once. In the meantime I got another offer and I checked in to see if they have given the offer to someone else and should move on. I got a response from the talent requisition person that they are heading to a new direction. Not sure if that meant they hired someone else or if the position was canceled.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied on the Comcast/NBCUniversal website for a Director role based in NYC. Received a call from the recruiter within probably three weeks of applying. The screening call with the recruiter was no different or difficult than any other screening call you would have with a media company recruiter. A week later I met with the hiring manger and one week after that I was brought back to meet with the group SVP. I was feeling very positive about my chances, considering my experience in the industry and the feedback that I received from all parties during the process. Unfortunately, I was given the run around for two months by the recruiter who ended up not even following-up with a yes or no. The recruiter responded to my first follow-up email by saying that she should have an update soon and apologized for the delay (this was during the Olympics, so I understood). After that, nothing. To be honest, I don't even think the role was filled. Very unprofessional, whether or not you are hiring for a SVP or Coordinator role, people deserve the respect of an answer, regardless off the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just be sure to apply your experiences and show enthusiasm   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

No call back for three weeks

Interview Questions

• interviewer had little understanding of position requirements   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

A friend submitted my resume via the referral program. Spoke to a recruiter, but never heard back. Then, the same recruiter reached out about 8 months later for another similar role. The process consisted of a phone interview with the recruiter, primarily confirming my experience and fit for the role. Then, I had 4 separate interviews with direct supervisors, the head of the department, and finally VP of HR. Got an offer about 4 weeks from being first contacted by the recruiter. Was able to negotiate just a bit to reach my minimum base salary requirement. You have to pass a background check to start.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. All the interviews were pretty straightforward to discuss my past experience and interest in the role. Felt like a lot of it was based on cultural fit as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got an offer by phone and asked for a bit more to reach my desired minimum. They came back the same day with a bit more and I agreed. Benefits did not seem negotiable when I inquired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

2 rounds of 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews. 10 interviews total + an HR fit interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate a little. But there are well established comps- so hard to move the needle too much.

Director Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2010.

Interview

For a director position, after a few min of small resume talk, the interviewer went directly into a case about programming prior to explaining the position or group, which caught me off guard.

Interview Questions

• Where would you launch a channel and what genre would it be?   Answer Question