NBCUniversal

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in November 2013.

Interview Details – No call back for three weeks

Interview Question – interviewer had little understanding of position requirements   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – A friend submitted my resume via the referral program. Spoke to a recruiter, but never heard back. Then, the same recruiter reached out about 8 months later for another similar role.

The process consisted of a phone interview with the recruiter, primarily confirming my experience and fit for the role. Then, I had 4 separate interviews with direct supervisors, the head of the department, and finally VP of HR.

Got an offer about 4 weeks from being first contacted by the recruiter. Was able to negotiate just a bit to reach my minimum base salary requirement. You have to pass a background check to start.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. All the interviews were pretty straightforward to discuss my past experience and interest in the role. Felt like a lot of it was based on cultural fit as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got an offer by phone and asked for a bit more to reach my desired minimum. They came back the same day with a bit more and I agreed. Benefits did not seem negotiable when I inquired.

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2008.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews. 10 interviews total + an HR fit interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate a little. But there are well established comps- so hard to move the needle too much.

Director

The process took a day - interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2010.

Interview Details – For a director position, after a few min of small resume talk, the interviewer went directly into a case about programming prior to explaining the position or group, which caught me off guard.

Interview Question – Where would you launch a channel and what genre would it be?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at NBCUniversal

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NBCUniversal Director interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by NBCUniversal employees and interview candidates.