NBCUniversal

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR representative in what seemed to be a generic email sent out to all candidates. It was not addressed to me personally. I was asked to complete a recorded webcam interview and I was given a deadline to complete the interview, which was 3 days after I received the email. The link to the interview program was provided in the email. The plus side to this is that I could complete the interview on my own time and it was an easy application to use. The negative side is not having a person to actually communicate with. I had to answer 8 questions, 30 seconds to prepare my answer for each question, 120 seconds to record each response. They do give you time before the recorded interview to practice. You are unable to go back and edit your responses on the final recorded interview.
I followed up a few days after I submitted the interview expressing my interest and inquired about the status of my application. No word back. I checked the status of the job req to see that the position had been closed. Highly impersonal interviewing experience.

Interview Question – Questions were generic, typical interview questions for my position like "How do you deal with senior level people and people across the board, as well as difficult people in the work place?" or "What makes you stand out or different than other Executive Assistants?" Questions weren't hard. What might have been challenging for me personally is not having someone else to meet and interact with and even ask my own questions about the role and the company.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – It was extremely quick for me as I was already a head-runner and someone selected for the position. But for most, it's lengthy and grueling.

Interview Question – What could you approve upon in the workplace? What are negative qualities about yourself in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy. Went over compensation. They liked the amount of time I was willing/wanting to commit to working at this position. Done.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2010.

Interview Details – Felt like American Idol at some points. I was an internal candidate and I still had to go through a 5-7 step interview process

Interview Question – What do you eventually want to get into?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Little to none. I had to accept what they offered.

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!