NBCUniversal

Updated Feb 12, 2015
Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I met an employee through campus event. He referred me to the NBC HR Director. I was invited to participate in a group panel interview with about 12 other candidates. The mediators asked questions, and the candidates were required to answer among ourselves. Then, we were given a written current events quiz. I received an offer 1 week later.

Interview Questions
  • It was a group panel interview, with 2 mediators. There were about 12 applicants in the room. Mediators asked questions and watched us answer among ourselves.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Applied online, video recording interview, slightly awkward because you are talking only to yourself. A month later contacted to go in to do an in person interview. Interview was pretty average the interviewers were very nice.

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Filled out online application. A couple weeks later I got an email from HR telling me to do an online video app (which was very interesting, nothing I've ever done before) then about a week later I got an invite to a hiring event from HR. At the hiring event we were all split up into groups based on which show was interested in you. Then you had a one-on-one interview with their hiring manager. Then, a couple of days later I was asked to have a phone interview with the operations manager of the show. A little over a week later I got an email with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, what are the top 3 news stories going on today? What type of cameras did you use at your last internship?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I applied online and was contacted about a month later. I had to do an online interview in which they record you answering questions, this video gets sent out to the different departments. About two weeks later I was contacted by a department for an interview. They asked a number of questions regarding my previous experience and how it would apply to the position

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

After about a month, I was contacted by HR via email with some basic questions. They forwarded my information to a specific department. I was then called in for an interview with that department a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really ask me any questions other than my availability   Answer Question

Intern Interview

interviewed at NBCUniversal in October 2014.

Applied and was contacted immediately by an HR rep via email. I was asked to take a webcam interview to be considered for the respective department. It was sort of annoying having to speak to a camera as opposed to a human being. The questions were pretty standard. The interview is timed but you are allowed practice and one redo.

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

I received an email and two phone calls, promptly after my application informing me that I was accepted for an online interview. After a series of non-timed questions appeared on the screen before the interview. The actual interview recorded me answering three questions over webcam. I was able to redo my interview once before submitting it. Two weeks later, I followed up and learned that this pre-interview is used to send out to different applicable departments within the studio.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2014.

I applied through the company's website for the Campus 2 Career Internship Program. I received an email the next day and asked to take a video interview within the next two days. Before the video interview I was asked to answer some short answer questions.
    After you complete the video interview you have the option of recording your answers once more.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about NBC Universal?
      Strengths and weaknesses?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2014.

Was called in to interview after completing an online video application. Met with one person and had a pleasant, informal interview. It was a very relaxed and comfortable environment. I also brought my resume, though a copy had already been printed out by my interviewer. Was asked about my general career goals and interests.

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

HR round. Was asked general questions: Tell me about your coursework? Discussion on projects. Discussion of the position. Discussion about the company. Languages preferred . Interviewer was friendly. Heard back from the company after 3 weeks.