NBCUniversal Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with basic questions about my GPA and background before a timed video interview that allowed a practice round before the answers were actually recorded. The questions were timed and the time varied by question, ranging from 30 seconds to 1:30. The questions from the practice round were the same as the real round, but the order varied.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Very smooth. Applied online, a month later, got a call from HR to set up phone interview. Once the phone interview passed, HR called again for an in-person interview. Then I got the internship after 2 months.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2015.

Interview

A Campus 2 Career recruiter came to my school and selected some students for 15 min interviews. Followed up the in person interview with a thank you email and note but didn't hear anything for a month and a half. I was then was contacted for a live feed, skype-type of interview. They got back to me within a week of the online interview with an answer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I met an employee through campus event. He referred me to the NBC HR Director. I was invited to participate in a group panel interview with about 12 other candidates. The mediators asked questions, and the candidates were required to answer among ourselves. Then, we were given a written current events quiz. I received an offer 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• It was a group panel interview, with 2 mediators. There were about 12 applicants in the room. Mediators asked questions and watched us answer among ourselves.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Applied online, video recording interview, slightly awkward because you are talking only to yourself. A month later contacted to go in to do an in person interview. Interview was pretty average the interviewers were very nice.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Filled out online application. A couple weeks later I got an email from HR telling me to do an online video app (which was very interesting, nothing I've ever done before) then about a week later I got an invite to a hiring event from HR. At the hiring event we were all split up into groups based on which show was interested in you. Then you had a one-on-one interview with their hiring manager. Then, a couple of days later I was asked to have a phone interview with the operations manager of the show. A little over a week later I got an email with an offer.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what are the top 3 news stories going on today? What type of cameras did you use at your last internship?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a month later. I had to do an online interview in which they record you answering questions, this video gets sent out to the different departments. About two weeks later I was contacted by a department for an interview. They asked a number of questions regarding my previous experience and how it would apply to the position

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

After about a month, I was contacted by HR via email with some basic questions. They forwarded my information to a specific department. I was then called in for an interview with that department a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really ask me any questions other than my availability   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

interviewed at NBCUniversal in October 2014.

Interview

Applied and was contacted immediately by an HR rep via email. I was asked to take a webcam interview to be considered for the respective department. It was sort of annoying having to speak to a camera as opposed to a human being. The questions were pretty standard. The interview is timed but you are allowed practice and one redo.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I received an email and two phone calls, promptly after my application informing me that I was accepted for an online interview. After a series of non-timed questions appeared on the screen before the interview. The actual interview recorded me answering three questions over webcam. I was able to redo my interview once before submitting it. Two weeks later, I followed up and learned that this pre-interview is used to send out to different applicable departments within the studio.