NBCUniversal Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.8

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I applied online and was contacted about a month later. I had to do an online interview in which they record you answering questions, this video gets sent out to the different departments. About two weeks later I was contacted by a department for an interview. They asked a number of questions regarding my previous experience and how it would apply to the position

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

After about a month, I was contacted by HR via email with some basic questions. They forwarded my information to a specific department. I was then called in for an interview with that department a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really ask me any questions other than my availability   Answer Question

Intern Interview

interviewed at NBCUniversal in October 2014.

Applied and was contacted immediately by an HR rep via email. I was asked to take a webcam interview to be considered for the respective department. It was sort of annoying having to speak to a camera as opposed to a human being. The questions were pretty standard. The interview is timed but you are allowed practice and one redo.

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

I received an email and two phone calls, promptly after my application informing me that I was accepted for an online interview. After a series of non-timed questions appeared on the screen before the interview. The actual interview recorded me answering three questions over webcam. I was able to redo my interview once before submitting it. Two weeks later, I followed up and learned that this pre-interview is used to send out to different applicable departments within the studio.

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

HR round. Was asked general questions: Tell me about your coursework? Discussion on projects. Discussion of the position. Discussion about the company. Languages preferred . Interviewer was friendly. Heard back from the company after 3 weeks.

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Applied through online and got a phone call from HR. After interview, I was told that she would send my information to the different departments. I waited for more than two weeks and even followed up but recruiter couldn't help me because the department had not contacted her.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

The interviewing process was a little intimidating. They sat around in a semi-circle with you at the head and were poker faced as they posed various hypothetical questions to you. Some were fair, others were obviously their attempt to gauge how you think on your feet.

Interview Questions
    • If you determined, based on your research, that what the creative team wanted to do wasn't permissible, but creative insisted on going forward, how would you find a creative solution?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Phone interview with three managers and one recruiter. Asked to go over resume and talk about why interested in career path, as well as why was interested in the media industry. Interview as a whole was mostly in regard to background and interests rather than any technical questions. Very hard to get interviewed unless know someone at company.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2014.

I applied through their Campus to Career internship program. A month later I received an email telling me that they wanted to conduct a video recording interview with me. I had six days to do the interview before the link expired. The skype interview was weird because I was not responding to a person asking me questions; instead, the series of questions would appear on the screen and I would have 30 seconds to prepare an answer and 1 minute 30 seconds to respond. I was allowed to redo the entire interview 2 times.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Very friendly recruitment staff. Had an initial phone screening with Campus 2 Career team, and then had the opportunity to interview with the Vice Presidents of the department I was interested in.

Interview Questions
    • Generic experience questions, Why am I interested in this department etc.   View Answer