NBCUniversal Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.8

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

I received an email and two phone calls, promptly after my application informing me that I was accepted for an online interview. After a series of non-timed questions appeared on the screen before the interview. The actual interview recorded me answering three questions over webcam. I was able to redo my interview once before submitting it. Two weeks later, I followed up and learned that this pre-interview is used to send out to different applicable departments within the studio.

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

HR round. Was asked general questions: Tell me about your coursework? Discussion on projects. Discussion of the position. Discussion about the company. Languages preferred . Interviewer was friendly. Heard back from the company after 3 weeks.

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Applied through online and got a phone call from HR. After interview, I was told that she would send my information to the different departments. I waited for more than two weeks and even followed up but recruiter couldn't help me because the department had not contacted her.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

The interviewing process was a little intimidating. They sat around in a semi-circle with you at the head and were poker faced as they posed various hypothetical questions to you. Some were fair, others were obviously their attempt to gauge how you think on your feet.

Interview Questions
    • If you determined, based on your research, that what the creative team wanted to do wasn't permissible, but creative insisted on going forward, how would you find a creative solution?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Phone interview with three managers and one recruiter. Asked to go over resume and talk about why interested in career path, as well as why was interested in the media industry. Interview as a whole was mostly in regard to background and interests rather than any technical questions. Very hard to get interviewed unless know someone at company.

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2014.

I applied through their Campus to Career internship program. A month later I received an email telling me that they wanted to conduct a video recording interview with me. I had six days to do the interview before the link expired. The skype interview was weird because I was not responding to a person asking me questions; instead, the series of questions would appear on the screen and I would have 30 seconds to prepare an answer and 1 minute 30 seconds to respond. I was allowed to redo the entire interview 2 times.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Very friendly recruitment staff. Had an initial phone screening with Campus 2 Career team, and then had the opportunity to interview with the Vice Presidents of the department I was interested in.

Interview Questions
    • Generic experience questions, Why am I interested in this department etc.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Phone screening followed by in person interview

Interview Questions
    • What do you hope to gain from this internship experience?   Answer Question

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Received an email regarding my application and two weeks later got an email from the hiring manager for the position. Went to office to interview and heard back by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. What do you hope to gain from this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in December 2013.

After a few emails and phone calls, over about a month, month and a half period, I was emailed a link to a video-type interview online, about 2 weeks later I was called in for a face-to-face meeting in the NYC office. They offered a video interview because I was from CT, but I chose to go in and meet face-to-face. The interview was pretty basic, they reviewed my resume with me and asked questions pertaining to work experience and jobs listed. They asked about my interest in sports as I would be interning on the NBC Sports floor doing sport related things. They also asked about strengths and weaknesses and why I felt I was a good candidate.

Interview Questions
    • They asked in the video interview about the most difficult situation I faced at my previous position.   Answer Question

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!