NBCUniversal

Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.8

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I met an employee through campus event. He referred me to the NBC HR Director. I was invited to participate in a group panel interview with about 12 other candidates. The mediators asked questions, and the candidates were required to answer among ourselves. Then, we were given a written current events quiz. I received an offer 1 week later.

Interview Questions
  • It was a group panel interview, with 2 mediators. There were about 12 applicants in the room. Mediators asked questions and watched us answer among ourselves.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Applied online, video recording interview, slightly awkward because you are talking only to yourself. A month later contacted to go in to do an in person interview. Interview was pretty average the interviewers were very nice.

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Filled out online application. A couple weeks later I got an email from HR telling me to do an online video app (which was very interesting, nothing I've ever done before) then about a week later I got an invite to a hiring event from HR. At the hiring event we were all split up into groups based on which show was interested in you. Then you had a one-on-one interview with their hiring manager. Then, a couple of days later I was asked to have a phone interview with the operations manager of the show. A little over a week later I got an email with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, what are the top 3 news stories going on today? What type of cameras did you use at your last internship?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I applied online and was contacted about a month later. I had to do an online interview in which they record you answering questions, this video gets sent out to the different departments. About two weeks later I was contacted by a department for an interview. They asked a number of questions regarding my previous experience and how it would apply to the position

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

After about a month, I was contacted by HR via email with some basic questions. They forwarded my information to a specific department. I was then called in for an interview with that department a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really ask me any questions other than my availability   Answer Question

Intern Interview

interviewed at NBCUniversal in October 2014.

Applied and was contacted immediately by an HR rep via email. I was asked to take a webcam interview to be considered for the respective department. It was sort of annoying having to speak to a camera as opposed to a human being. The questions were pretty standard. The interview is timed but you are allowed practice and one redo.

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

I received an email and two phone calls, promptly after my application informing me that I was accepted for an online interview. After a series of non-timed questions appeared on the screen before the interview. The actual interview recorded me answering three questions over webcam. I was able to redo my interview once before submitting it. Two weeks later, I followed up and learned that this pre-interview is used to send out to different applicable departments within the studio.

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

HR round. Was asked general questions: Tell me about your coursework? Discussion on projects. Discussion of the position. Discussion about the company. Languages preferred . Interviewer was friendly. Heard back from the company after 3 weeks.

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Applied through online and got a phone call from HR. After interview, I was told that she would send my information to the different departments. I waited for more than two weeks and even followed up but recruiter couldn't help me because the department had not contacted her.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

The interviewing process was a little intimidating. They sat around in a semi-circle with you at the head and were poker faced as they posed various hypothetical questions to you. Some were fair, others were obviously their attempt to gauge how you think on your feet.

Interview Questions
    • If you determined, based on your research, that what the creative team wanted to do wasn't permissible, but creative insisted on going forward, how would you find a creative solution?   Answer Question