NBCUniversal Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Washington, DC).

Interview

very brief and straight to the point so make sure your resume speaks volume. They pretty much used my resume to guide them through the interview. Make sure to have questions and smile.

Interview Questions

• why NBCUniversal? What interest you about the entertainment industry?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

First I applied online and within a week I received an email to record a 5 question interview online. This is the only place where I remember I had to record an interview online to submit to the hiring staff. The recording experience is quite the challenge since some of the questions were quite specific. However, once I completed that and I was sorted, someone from the hiring staff called and asked that I came in for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to date on the latest social media trends, technology and news?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

met a recruiter at the school university fair. Talked to the recruiter for a bit and applied online. Then was sent a video interview(really awkward because you are essentially talking to yourself). Then I got sent an official interview. You need to be clear on what you want to do in terms of a career.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with basic questions about my GPA and background before a timed video interview that allowed a practice round before the answers were actually recorded. The questions were timed and the time varied by question, ranging from 30 seconds to 1:30. The questions from the practice round were the same as the real round, but the order varied.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Very smooth. Applied online, a month later, got a call from HR to set up phone interview. Once the phone interview passed, HR called again for an in-person interview. Then I got the internship after 2 months.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met an HR employee at a networking night, and later emailed her asking to chat. After chatting, she sent my resume to the recruiting team. They then sent me a video interview to complete. This means that you record yourself answering three questions (with a time limit) and then this recording, along with your resume, goes to various departments. You can redo your answers, which is great, but the whole process of recording yourself felt very awkward. Especially because you can see yourself answering the questions (like a mirror). This recording is supposed to replace the initial phone interview that recruiters normally do.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2015.

Interview

A Campus 2 Career recruiter came to my school and selected some students for 15 min interviews. Followed up the in person interview with a thank you email and note but didn't hear anything for a month and a half. I was then was contacted for a live feed, skype-type of interview. They got back to me within a week of the online interview with an answer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I met an employee through campus event. He referred me to the NBC HR Director. I was invited to participate in a group panel interview with about 12 other candidates. The mediators asked questions, and the candidates were required to answer among ourselves. Then, we were given a written current events quiz. I received an offer 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• It was a group panel interview, with 2 mediators. There were about 12 applicants in the room. Mediators asked questions and watched us answer among ourselves.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Applied online, video recording interview, slightly awkward because you are talking only to yourself. A month later contacted to go in to do an in person interview. Interview was pretty average the interviewers were very nice.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Filled out online application. A couple weeks later I got an email from HR telling me to do an online video app (which was very interesting, nothing I've ever done before) then about a week later I got an invite to a hiring event from HR. At the hiring event we were all split up into groups based on which show was interested in you. Then you had a one-on-one interview with their hiring manager. Then, a couple of days later I was asked to have a phone interview with the operations manager of the show. A little over a week later I got an email with an offer.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what are the top 3 news stories going on today? What type of cameras did you use at your last internship?   Answer Question