NBCUniversal

Getting the Interview

30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in December 2013.

Interview Details – After a few emails and phone calls, over about a month, month and a half period, I was emailed a link to a video-type interview online, about 2 weeks later I was called in for a face-to-face meeting in the NYC office. They offered a video interview because I was from CT, but I chose to go in and meet face-to-face. The interview was pretty basic, they reviewed my resume with me and asked questions pertaining to work experience and jobs listed. They asked about my interest in sports as I would be interning on the NBC Sports floor doing sport related things. They also asked about strengths and weaknesses and why I felt I was a good candidate.

Interview Question – They asked in the video interview about the most difficult situation I faced at my previous position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was a little intimidating. They sat around in a semi-circle with you at the head and were poker faced as they posed various hypothetical questions to you. Some were fair, others were obviously their attempt to gauge how you think on your feet.

Interview Question – If you determined, based on your research, that what the creative team wanted to do wasn't permissible, but creative insisted on going forward, how would you find a creative solution?   Answer Question

Interviewed at NBCUniversal

Interview Details – Phone interview with three managers and one recruiter. Asked to go over resume and talk about why interested in career path, as well as why was interested in the media industry. Interview as a whole was mostly in regard to background and interests rather than any technical questions. Very hard to get interviewed unless know someone at company.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in the media industry?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through their Campus to Career internship program. A month later I received an email telling me that they wanted to conduct a video recording interview with me. I had six days to do the interview before the link expired. The skype interview was weird because I was not responding to a person asking me questions; instead, the series of questions would appear on the screen and I would have 30 seconds to prepare an answer and 1 minute 30 seconds to respond. I was allowed to redo the entire interview 2 times.

Interview Question – What are your career interests and goals?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted application and resume online through the general Fall Internship Application. Was contacted by a recruiter but did not follow through with her. Then was contacted by the hiring manager separately. Went in for an interview with the hiring manager and got it.

Interview Question – Who would you shadow for a day if you had the chance to?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2013.

Interview Details – Went for and in-person interview, met with 4 different employees on the team.

Interview Question – Why NBC and not FOX/ABC/etc.?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – Very friendly recruitment staff. Had an initial phone screening with Campus 2 Career team, and then had the opportunity to interview with the Vice Presidents of the department I was interested in.

Interview Question – Generic experience questions, Why am I interested in this department etc.   View Answer

Interviewed at NBCUniversal

Interview Details – Phone screening followed by in person interview

Interview Question – What do you hope to gain from this internship experience?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – Received an email regarding my application and two weeks later got an email from the hiring manager for the position. Went to office to interview and heard back by the end of the week.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. What do you hope to gain from this position   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on their website, and it was a few weeks before I was contacted by a recruiter. During that phone call, basic questions about why I was interested was ask, and what shows I would be interested in interning on. They also asked what prior experience I had in the field of production, as well as why I think I'd be a good fit for NBC. After that, I received a second phone call. During this call certain job positions that were available were revealed to me, and I was asked which I would prefer. Then another phone call was initiated by a person from the specific department in which my choice was in. Was asked basic questions, and it seemed very promising. However I shortly received an email from the 3rd caller stating they decided to move forward with somebody else.

Interview Question – What three divisions of NBC would you be interested in working with and why?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at NBCUniversal

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NBCUniversal Intern interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by NBCUniversal employees and interview candidates.