NBCUniversal

NBCUniversal Intern Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

I applied online, and was persistent with emailing. I received a phone interview, and a week later received a "web" interview.

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I interview through a phone conversation. It was a two interview process, one with HR one with the Coordinator. I went well as I received the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2013.

2 phone interviews and 2 onsite interviews. All interviews are behavior interviews. Prepare more on your experiences and be confident, talk more.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing more special. Like how is your previous working experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2010.

Talking with directer... He was nice. Everyone was friendly, just the days wouldnot match my schedule.

Interview Questions

The schedule did not match my class time,.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2010.

I networked with an NBC page at a social event and was searching for summer internships. I got a panel phone interview at first in which two department pages (including the one I had met) and a dept director interviewed me for about 20 minutes. It was a pretty in depth interview in which they asked about my previous experience on my resume, any group or leadership experiences I had, and the interest I had in working for the company.

Less than 3 hours later, I got a callback from one of the pages that the director enjoyed my phone interview and wanted to bring me in for a second round in-person interview a week later. The in-person interview consisted of a panel interview that included the same 2 pages and director that had talked to me on the phone. During the interview process, I guess I did not answer the questions to their liking and I let them conduct the interview since I was the interviewee. At the end of the panel interview, the director took time to give me feedback, by telling me everything I did wrong in answering her questions and that I did not take initiative in trying to ask them questions while they were asking me questions. I personally save my questions for the end when they are finished asking as I feel that I am not the one that is conducting the interview since I'm the applicant. I felt demeaned by the director's tone of voice and the way that she gave me feedback. I understand constructive criticism can be very positive, but this was overall, one of the worst feelings I have ever felt in an interview process...this was by no means my first corporate interview process either. I had had interviews for full time jobs in other corporate settings before, and I felt like this was a pretty intense interview for a simple intern position.

Following my panel interview at the office, I was supposed to meet with two VP's for 1 on 1 interviews. The VP's were busy, of course, so they kept me in a holding room for a while until a Page led me upstairs to meet with one of the VP's assistant. The assistant was very passive and obviously did not realize she would have to fill in for her supervisor and interviewed me in a very passive manner, basically commenting on my resume as she read it and saying that my experiences must have been nice.

After the VP's assistant, I was bounced back into a waiting area and then I was led in to be interviewed by a VP who had finally gotten off the phone. She interviewed me for a total of about 3 minutes, in which she also gave me constructive feedback on my elevator speech. She then told me how it was a pretty dog-eat-dog world in the entertainment industry and wished me the best of luck and hoped that whoever was in charge of the hiring process would give me the opportunity. She was rushing through all of this because her phone was ringing and she said that she had to pick up the call as she was 7 minutes late for a conference call and made me feel like I was intruding in her busy agenda.

After I left the VP's office, one of the Pages told me the other VP and her team had to leave the office because some situation arose and that I wouldn't get to meet her, so I could leave.

I pretty much figured I wouldn't be offered the position at that point since I was criticized in interview, so I left without much hope.

About a month later, after they had went through all their candidates for a summer internship position, I got a call back after business hours (6pm) on a Friday. It was a panel conference call in which the 2 pages and the department director called me to let me know that they were not offering me the position and that they had offered it to someone else. They also told me about what they were looking for in candidates that they thought to be the perfect candidate for the job. I thought it was a bit awkward that they denied me an offer through a call, a conference call, no less. Most days, HR will contact you via email to let you down because it is a lot more efficient and less awkward.

Following that conference call of no offer, I received an email a few weeks later from another office assistant in the same office inquiring whether I would still be interested in interviewing for a summer internship. I asked if it was for the same office because I had already interviewed and been denied an offer for that office. She said it was not the same office, took my resume and got back to me weeks later saying that she was sorry that all positions had been filled. I took note of that as a lack of communication within their office and a screw up.

Overall, the interview process seemed very critical and I felt like I was just being bounced around everywhere. At the end of the day, this was a low key intern position and it seemed too much and too demanding for an intern. I know not all NBC Universal offices are like this, but I hope that others had a good experience because I had an overall bad one.

Interview Questions
    • What are some recent Universal movies that you've seen?   Answer Question
    • What is it that you like about NBC Universal that sets it apart from WB or Disney/ABC?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2010.

Following an initial phone discussion with Campus Relations HR, I had a phone interview with my prospective internship supervisor. I was immediately asked to come in for an in-person interview on the Burbank lot. Questions revolved around my personal interests, aspirations, and learning about the position. The background check is rather exhaustive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2009.

Because it is a large company, the interview process for an internship may take a while. I sent in my resume and cover letter at least 2 months before I got a response. You are then interviewed by an individual from the Human Resources department. If they like you, the HR department passes on your resume to whatever department needs you may be interested in and happens to need an intern. From there, you interview with the supervisor in the specific department and wait for them to contact you.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in Entertainment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an experience where ______ (depends on what kind of internship opportunity you applied for)   Answer Question
    N/A - all internships at NBC Universal are unpaid