NBCUniversal Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.8

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in December 2010.

Inverviewed with one person for a half an hour, and I didn't receive any phone call since then.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2008.

2 rounds of 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews. 10 interviews total + an HR fit interview.

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate a little. But there are well established comps- so hard to move the needle too much.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in November 2013.

No call back for three weeks

Interview Questions
    • interviewer had little understanding of position requirements   Answer Question

Director, Business and Legal Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2009.

Initially met with the heads of the department. Thereafter met with most members of the department. Received an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was particularly difficult. The interview process was lengthy because I was given the opportunity to meet with potential future colleagues. Each one asked different types of questions.   Answer Question

NBC News Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2012.

Had three 20 minutes interviews with different people. First 2 asked general questions on past experience. The last one asked more news-specific questions.

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of - what is a recent news related marketing campaign you thought was good?   Answer Question

Line Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

First interview was over the phone. Second third and fourth interviews were on a set day. Take a full day to get through the interviews, they will keep you there. HR will do a personality test which is easy to answer. Be honest because you want to fit as much as they want to make sure you fit into the group. They asked me back 3 more times. In the end I did not get the gig, they wanted more ad agency experience than I offered.

Interview Questions
    • there were no shocking questions. I guess I was a bit thrown with the constant asking if I had more ad agency work when clearly my resume stated I did not. Other than that it was all standard questions all very fair and fun.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Expect several phone calls with HR, at least one an in person meeting with HR, one to three meetings in person with senior staff, be willing to let them do a back ground check, you must take a drug test and don't expect to hear back right away during each step of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone wants to work for NBC. Why do you want to work for NBC?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2014.

I applied through their Campus to Career internship program. A month later I received an email telling me that they wanted to conduct a video recording interview with me. I had six days to do the interview before the link expired. The skype interview was weird because I was not responding to a person asking me questions; instead, the series of questions would appear on the screen and I would have 30 seconds to prepare an answer and 1 minute 30 seconds to respond. I was allowed to redo the entire interview 2 times.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2013.

After my initial application, I was brought in for an interview with my potential supervisor and was asked all the basic interview questions. He seemed to just be making sure I was capable of doing the job and handling all tasks. That same day, I had an interview with a representative from HR. She was very sweet and answered all of my questions. She asked very predictable, but important standard pre-employment questions. I was also brought in a week later for a third interview with another potential supervisor. At this point, I was contacted to provide 3 professional references. About a week later, I was contacted with an offer.

Interview Questions
    They asked what I was hoping to make as a salary early on in the process. They basically told me what they were willing to pay with the offer. It wasn't really a negotiation, but it was a fair offer.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

First interview was with the HR dept over the phone, the woman was very nice and helpful. She asked for me to clarify some points on my resume and then sent it forward for a sit down interview. That interview was also wonderful but very detailed in questions. They wanted to know specifics about the type of producing I had done. I was upfront that I did not have much experience with key tasks they wanted. The interview was very enjoyable. Was brought back for two more interviews and they kept focusing on the key skills I was not strong in almost like they wanted them to magically appear. I was told my questions were very good. The process takes a long time from the time you enter 30 Rock until you leave, dont expect to get in and out quickly. Also if you show up to early you are stuck waiting downstairs with all the tourists. Arrive about 10 min before the interview because that is about all they will give you to head up to your floor.

Interview Questions
    • they asked what would I do if I couldnt get a project completed. I didnt know how to answer because I had never been able to not complete a production before.   View Answer

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!