NBCUniversal

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.8

Finance Manager Interview

First screen is with a recruiter via phone. Next step is pgone call with immediate manager. If in person interview, could include potential colleagues and HR.

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

One interview with hiring manager, then heard back from HR with offer.

Intern Interview Interview

Very unprofessional experience throughout the whole hiring process!! I was contacted by a talent recruiter for their internship program that was for the spring 2013. The phone screen went great. It lasted about 30-45 minutes and he said he will be forwarding my resume and that expect to hear a call within two weeks. A whole month went by until I received an e-mail saying "I was forwarded your resume by the recruiter and we are having an interview on such and such date and to come in". They did not ask if it was convenient for me at all. I had to reschedule due to school so I sent an e-mail back. She never responded to the two emails I sent her saying I could not make it so I called just to let her know I could not come and to reschedule. She responded yes i received your email im working on it. My question in my head "well why did you not respond".

She emails a week later asking my availability during a certain time frame and I responded by saying I have and open schedule. Once again, she did not respond to that email and emailed be the day before at 4:00PM to come in at 9:00AM the next morning. It even gets better. In the email she told I would be meeting with her, the sales assistant, and the director of the department. When I got there I was 10 minutes early and the individual that interviewed was 10minutes late. The director neither the HR recruiter showed up for the interview. Completely unprofessional.

The sales assistant was unprepared and not even dressed in a suit or proper business attire for an interview. He had no questions for me except walk me through your resume. I ended up interviewing him. I was asking him a majority of the questions. You would think that even through all their unprofessionalism and me being well-prepred they would still give me a chance. It was clear that I was being played for a joke. I really wanted this position because it would be a great for a resume builder. I sent Thank You letters, follow up emails and no response. Its sad that you have individuals like this representing the company. I did not even get an email or call back saying I did not get the position.

Background Singer/Actor Interview

Auditions required; company notified agent. Upon arrival to set, preferred parking was provided, and taken to wardrobe/makeup upon signing contracts, then to actual locations of filming. People, atmosphere and culture were professional, courteous and inviting.

Interview Questions
    • Can you arrange for an ensemble to arrive at this location at this set time?   Answer Question
    No negotiation- contract status, But worth it.

Financial Analyst Interview

phone interview w/recruiter, person to person interview with HR & hiring manager

Project Manager Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. After initial interview they never called me back, even after I emailed a week after the interview there was never any reply. They had said they were definitely interested and would call me back soon. I suggest you ask for a date they will get back to you by.

Interview Questions
    • They expect you to know and love NBC. Any news about the corporation and any information that you have especially about the department you will be in is what they like. They want to hear you a passion for NBC.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Phone interview. The process was very informal due to the fact I was referred by another employee. I think the whole interview lasted 15 minutes. This is not the norm at Universal when it comes to more corporate types of positions. Generally HR does a pre-screen phone interview and then you meet with the department that you are applying for. Offers are made pretty quickly since the pace of business is fast.

Interview Questions
    • None. Just general questions about your qualifications.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate since offer met all my requirements

Digital Distribution Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I got a referral through my school with the contact information of the interviewer. I sent my resume and cover letter and was contacted back after two days. The interview was set for a few days after that. There was one interview and subsequently I didn't get the offer, but was referred to another hiring manager who wanted to interview me for a different position. By then I had already decided on another internship so wasn't able to take it.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very much like a conversation about the space and about my interest in it. Thus there weren't many "tough" questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Unpaid internship for credit only. Interviewed by two people with a third one coming in halfway through the interview. Asked why I was interested, what software I could use. Went for about forty, forty five minutes total. Got an email and call back and was offered the position. It was located inside the offices at the Hollywood theme park.

Entertainment Publicity Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Got the interview through a friend who was a current intern. Everyone was nice and very personable.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too unexpected.. Very standard interview questions. (Interests, career goals, experience, etc)   Answer Question