NBCUniversal

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2014.

Had one phone interview, pretty easy because refereed to by an employee. They asked about what I knew about the industry, my past experiences and why i was interested in interning with NBC

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

One on campus interview, and then an offer with two week acceptance window. The human resources department was very friendly, and really worked with me every step of the way to make sure I understood exactly what I was getting in to, and what my next steps were. They were fantastic to work with, and gave me a great overall impression of NBCUniversal.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you see as NBCUniversal's biggest competitors, and what business opportunities do you see in NBCUniversal's areas of business?   Answer Question
    Didn't try to negotiate, had a 2 week window to accept

Marketing Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview process was positive. I made it through three rounds of interviews for a role in Los Angeles, and while I was not selected for the role, I felt very good about my interaction with HR and the hiring manager. The overall process lasted about 3 weeks. I received frequent updates from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • I was emailed by the hiring manager 3 hours before my second interview and asked to prepare a sales presentation for a national client that I would present before a panel of interviewers. It was stressful. Fortunately, I was able to produce a compelling presentation that was very well-received.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Basic online application followed by phone-interview. Phone interview consisted of general questions, such as "Why NBC?" and "What are your strengths and weaknesses?" Overall experience was great and I was kept well-informed throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • What are your 2 best strengths and weaknesses? Basic resume questions predominately   Answer Question

Labor Relations Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Well the issue came in even trying to schedule the interview. They scheduled a phone interview first and then NEVER called at the time. It was rescheduled 6 times, before I wrote corporate. Very Unprofessional

Sales Assistant Interview

Once you passed the 1st screen, you will receive an email requesting a video interview. I think the HR will contact you directly once they feel you are the right person of the position, but might have interview in person after the video ones.

Position Interview

Behavioral Skype Interview along with recent events on the Company. Make sure to do your research beforehand and show interest in the company. It was a very short recruitment process and interview before receiving an offer so make sure you are prepared to make a good impression. Overall a easy interview compared to other finance positions.

none

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Filled out online application. A couple weeks later I got an email from HR telling me to do an online video app (which was very interesting, nothing I've ever done before) then about a week later I got an invite to a hiring event from HR. At the hiring event we were all split up into groups based on which show was interested in you. Then you had a one-on-one interview with their hiring manager. Then, a couple of days later I was asked to have a phone interview with the operations manager of the show. A little over a week later I got an email with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, what are the top 3 news stories going on today? What type of cameras did you use at your last internship?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal in November 2014.

I first interviewed at a conference which went well, pretty casual questions and good vibes. After that I had to do a video interview ( which apparently is supposed to be first). I thought it was awful since you are using a video tool and are given a question and then timed to record your answer. I much rather talk to someone than watch myself talk on webcam. However I answered the questions fairly well i guess. Lastly I was given a phone interview which was also pretty short and casual. Overall it was a good interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the last time you thought out of the box and how did you do it   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2013.

In order to get into a position such as this one you need to know people on the inside other wise you will have the hardest time getting in. I noticed that there were such a diversity of persons there, they all were unique in their own individual way.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult and unexpected question that I ever had an issue with is when the Assistant Director gives you a big list of materials to get for the actors and to keep eyes on every last key actor/actress in that days episode.   View Answer
    There wasn't any negotiation phase when they call you have to give them a yes or no on the spot, my recommendation is to immediately say yes, it's an experience that not many get to witness. TAKE THE JOB.