NBCUniversal

194 candidate interviews

Digital Position Interview Experience Interview

Digital Position Interview Experience
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – Overall, the the interview process was pleasant, until we reached the references portion. There the process became one of the worst I've dealt with in recent years.

One of my references flat out refused to be used (didn't understand why then, now I totally get it) due to their apparent historical 'abuse' of references, which was news to me. Not sure how an HR group could put a sour taste in an external reference's mouth. But apparently it has happened.

They require two out of four of your supervisors be used as a reference. Which is fine, but in taking a small poll, most people from my industry do not keep in close contact with their past bosses. Not close enough to use as a reference.

A day after I provided the needed rank and number of references, the position description/duties changed and I was no longer in consideration. So my references, were probed for basically nothing.

I'm confident my references gave glowing reviews, so I'm certain they weren't lying about the last minute position change. I'm also assuming the department I was being considered for doesn't really have their act together. I dodged a bullet and at this time, I recommend you saving yourself from this department for the next year or so. At least give them time to figure out their structure.

Interview Question – Describe how you'd change the department or make a mark in your first 30 days in this position.   Answer Question

Sports Interview

Sports
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – I applied through the website and was then interviewed by an HR representative. It was a great interview, but took a long time to hear back from them. It was the first time that they had an internship program with NBC Sports so it was a bit disorganized. The interview was really engaging and once I heard back that I had gotten the position it took about a week longer to hear back on what department I would be working with.

Interview Question – Tell me about your minor and why you chose to study that?   Answer Question

Sales Marketing Interview

Sales Marketing
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2011.

Interview Details – Had a previous relationship with a Sales Planner who recommended me to the Sales Marketing Coordinator and Marketing Manager. I came in for a face to face interview and gave them a previous writing sample which they requested. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and was really used to get a feel for my motivation and attitude.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be good fit in this role?   Answer Question

Campus II Careers Intern Interview

Campus II Careers Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process went extremely well. The interviewer was very relaxed and seemed genuinely interested in placing me in the right position. She asked about my interests, how I found out about the company, what roles I would see myself in. Definitely expect to answer the typical "tell me about yourself" questions, also be prepared to present why you truly want to work for the company. Be genuine. The company truly wants innovative thinkers and interns who have done research before applying.

Interview Question – Why did you choose NBCU over our competitors?   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Production Assistant
Stamford, CT

I applied online and interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called for an interview right away. Had 2 interviews. Questions were regular interview questions if you're prepared. Don't overthink it and don't over accomplish the interview .

Interview Question – What made you apply for this position   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted and set up an in-person interview, no screening call with the hiring manager. The coordinator was flaky and hard to get ahold of. Had a dual interview with both the hiring manager and their boss. Questions were simple and not difficult at all. Entire interview was about 40 min including my questions.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in nbc?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Legal Assistant
Stamford, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – The hiring process is easy. You have to fill out forms with the accountant department. You meet the executives and staff that you are going to be working with. The hiring process is typical, like any other hiring process

Interview Question – They we're all basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered me the position.

Access Hollywood Editorial Interview

Access Hollywood Editorial

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – There was an initial interview with HR before I was brought into an in-person interview with my supervisor. It felt like a Super Saturday type interview where supervisors from different departments were all in one big room simultaneously interviewing potential interns. The interview was fairly straightforward and nothing unexpected. They asked about my editorial background and samples of stories I have written as well as samples of articles I would want to write for AH.

Interview Question – What kind of story would you pitch on your first day here?   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – Interview process was very pleasant. I met with a recruiter, HR manager, hiring manager, and other employees all in the same day. Everyone was really nice. Most questions had to do with my work background, accomplishments, why I want to work for the company, and times I solved a challenge, etc. The rest was more about figuring out if my personality was a good fit for the office (small talk). Recruiters are very good at following up and getting back to you after the process.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR representative in what seemed to be a generic email sent out to all candidates. It was not addressed to me personally. I was asked to complete a recorded webcam interview and I was given a deadline to complete the interview, which was 3 days after I received the email. The link to the interview program was provided in the email. The plus side to this is that I could complete the interview on my own time and it was an easy application to use. The negative side is not having a person to actually communicate with. I had to answer 8 questions, 30 seconds to prepare my answer for each question, 120 seconds to record each response. They do give you time before the recorded interview to practice. You are unable to go back and edit your responses on the final recorded interview.
I followed up a few days after I submitted the interview expressing my interest and inquired about the status of my application. No word back. I checked the status of the job req to see that the position had been closed. Highly impersonal interviewing experience.

Interview Question – Questions were generic, typical interview questions for my position like "How do you deal with senior level people and people across the board, as well as difficult people in the work place?" or "What makes you stand out or different than other Executive Assistants?" Questions weren't hard. What might have been challenging for me personally is not having someone else to meet and interact with and even ask my own questions about the role and the company.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at NBCUniversal

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NBCUniversal interview questions and advice. All 194 interview reviews posted anonymously by NBCUniversal employees and interview candidates.