NBCUniversal Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.8

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Applied through employee referral and heard back the next day from HR. Set up a brief informational interview with HR for one week later. When the time came for the phone interview, HR kept pushing it back by an hour because of problems arising in the office. Finally when came time to interview, it aws very brief, just a few basic questions and then we scheduled an in person interview with the department. After the in person interview I was told a decisions was being made "soon" and I would hear back "soon." After a week and a half, I followed up with HR and expressed my continued interest and was told they were finalizing a final round of candidates and I would hear back "soon." After not hearing anything for a few weeks I figured I didn't get the position and finally two months after my initial phone interview I got a generic email that the position had been filled.

C2C West Coast Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I applied through the website and received an email for a VIDEO interview. I don't care for these type of interviews bc talking to a camera makes me nervous. Not sure if I will make it to the next round, because I'm not good at video interviews. I would have preferred a phone interview. They will let you take the interview again if you're not happy with the first one.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are going to be a good fit at NBCUniversal and C2C? What's the best environment you prefer to work in?   Answer Question

Page Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

Completed the first round video interview... questions were not difficult, however because it was a one-way conversation (recording) it was hard to know when to cut yourself off. Also, there as a timer on the bottom of the video screen that changed colors according to how much time you had left... this was very distracting. If the interview was a skype/phone interview, it would have been a lot easier.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us something that we wouldn't know based on your resume.   Answer Question

Digital Position Interview Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Overall, the the interview process was pleasant, until we reached the references portion. There the process became one of the worst I've dealt with in recent years.

One of my references flat out refused to be used (didn't understand why then, now I totally get it) due to their apparent historical 'abuse' of references, which was news to me. Not sure how an HR group could put a sour taste in an external reference's mouth. But apparently it has happened.

They require two out of four of your supervisors be used as a reference. Which is fine, but in taking a small poll, most people from my industry do not keep in close contact with their past bosses. Not close enough to use as a reference.

A day after I provided the needed rank and number of references, the position description/duties changed and I was no longer in consideration. So my references, were probed for basically nothing.

I'm confident my references gave glowing reviews, so I'm certain they weren't lying about the last minute position change. I'm also assuming the department I was being considered for doesn't really have their act together. I dodged a bullet and at this time, I recommend you saving yourself from this department for the next year or so. At least give them time to figure out their structure.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you'd change the department or make a mark in your first 30 days in this position.   Answer Question

Sports Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I applied through the website and was then interviewed by an HR representative. It was a great interview, but took a long time to hear back from them. It was the first time that they had an internship program with NBC Sports so it was a bit disorganized. The interview was really engaging and once I heard back that I had gotten the position it took about a week longer to hear back on what department I would be working with.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your minor and why you chose to study that?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

The interview was via webcam and gives you 30 seconds to prep after the question is shown, and 2 minutes to answer each question… Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking. What is one academic or professional achievement that you are most proud of? Describe a time when you worked in a group, what was your role? Why do you want to work at NBC? What are your career goals? Why do you want to work in Sales?

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Applied online and was called for an interview right away. Had 2 interviews. Questions were regular interview questions if you're prepared. Don't overthink it and don't over accomplish the interview .

Page Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

You first apply online and then hopefully you are contacted for an interview. The Page interview was a recorded interview where you have to record yourself with your computer webcam and they ask you 6 questions. You have 30 seconds to prepare for each question and then 60 seconds to answer it.

Interview Questions
    • These were some of the questions that I can remember:

- Tell us about yourself
      - Why should we hire you?
      - Describe a time that you made a mistake

It's pretty hard especially because you are limited to STRICTLY 60 seconds
        Answer Question

Campus II Career Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

Hiring process took 4 weeks. First, it offers a video interview. The video interview was basically a timed recording of yourself. A few questions popped up that asked about why you want to work for NBC, what professional experiences/skills you have that can contribute to the company, basically very simple questions. You have 30 seconds to think of a response and 1-2 minutes to say your response. Next, The recruiter emailed me back the day after and offered a networking event at the headquarters. You're able to have face-time with the recruiter as well as 8 other HR hiring managers of each department. Last, the hiring managers would offer a phone interview.

C2C West Coast Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

Applied directly on the website, addressed my letter to a hiring manager I was referred to. She then emailed me back about a 2-3 weeks later and we set up a phone interview. I spoke with her and two other NBC employees about my work experience, my knowledge of the company and the particular department I applied to, etc. The call was friendly and casual, lasted about 20 minutes. I followed up two times, and about 1.5 weeks after the interview I was offered/accepted the position!

Interview Questions
    • Just prepare a solid elevator pitch that sums up who you are, where you've worked, and what you know about the position you're applying for.   Answer Question