NBCUniversal

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Applied online, video recording interview, slightly awkward because you are talking only to yourself. A month later contacted to go in to do an in person interview. Interview was pretty average the interviewers were very nice.

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

First contacted for a video interview and given 2 days to complete. very quick and straight forward, 6 questions. All the questions were listed on here already except - what does team work mean to you and how do you view yourself in a team (something along those lines). About 2 days after I submitted it i got an email from HR about my availability for an interview. Went in 2 days later to meet with 3 account executives where they told me about the position and asked a few basic questions - why media sales? tell me about your resume. how did you work in a team at your last company? how do you manage your workload on a typical day?
    pretty quick and straight forward. you need to know show that you're a team player, take initiative and don't need to be babysat.
    Next stage is w/ Hiring manager and dept. head. Surprisingly more relaxed - more of a conversation along w/ a few behavioral questions.

Senior Developer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Manager and Tech lead interviewed me at same time. The technical questions were very basic. They asked me to walk through my resume and asked behavioral questions. I answered everything well, both tech questions and behavioral ones and I was fully qualified for the job in terms of experience and skills and education. I got an email after a week of followup - that they have chosen a candidate closely aligned to the position .

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Applied online. HR called and was clueless. Met with a few employees that barely seemed to understand why they were interviewing. Everyone was nice, but you could tell they didn't have their stuff together.

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

One on campus interview, and then an offer with two week acceptance window. The human resources department was very friendly, and really worked with me every step of the way to make sure I understood exactly what I was getting in to, and what my next steps were. They were fantastic to work with, and gave me a great overall impression of NBCUniversal.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you see as NBCUniversal's biggest competitors, and what business opportunities do you see in NBCUniversal's areas of business?   Answer Question
    Didn't try to negotiate, had a 2 week window to accept

Labor Relations Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Well the issue came in even trying to schedule the interview. They scheduled a phone interview first and then NEVER called at the time. It was rescheduled 6 times, before I wrote corporate. Very Unprofessional

Marketing Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview process was positive. I made it through three rounds of interviews for a role in Los Angeles, and while I was not selected for the role, I felt very good about my interaction with HR and the hiring manager. The overall process lasted about 3 weeks. I received frequent updates from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • I was emailed by the hiring manager 3 hours before my second interview and asked to prepare a sales presentation for a national client that I would present before a panel of interviewers. It was stressful. Fortunately, I was able to produce a compelling presentation that was very well-received.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Basic online application followed by phone-interview. Phone interview consisted of general questions, such as "Why NBC?" and "What are your strengths and weaknesses?" Overall experience was great and I was kept well-informed throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • What are your 2 best strengths and weaknesses? Basic resume questions predominately   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Once you passed the 1st screen, you will receive an email requesting a video interview. I think the HR will contact you directly once they feel you are the right person of the position, but might have interview in person after the video ones.

Position Interview

Behavioral Skype Interview along with recent events on the Company. Make sure to do your research beforehand and show interest in the company. It was a very short recruitment process and interview before receiving an offer so make sure you are prepared to make a good impression. Overall a easy interview compared to other finance positions.

none