NBCUniversal

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

It was a simple interview process. Very relaxed and laid back. Asked about what was on your resume. If you had experienced. And talked a lot about some past experiences. Talked about education. Why I'm interested in the position. I interviewed for film finance internship.

Interview Questions
    • How specific did your relevant experience help you and that you think can bring to this internship   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

There is lack of communication between HR and the applicant. It can take months before you hear back. It would be nice to at least receive a system generated email informing you that you did not get the position. (This is standard for most large scale companies)

Digital Ad Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in October 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter to complete a preliminary video interview, and was given 48 hours to complete it. The video interview consisted of about 6 questions (that i will list below). The system gave you a practice questions just so you could play everything back and make sure that it was satisfactory to you. I completed the video on Thursday night (due Friday). Friday morning I was contacted that the Ad Ops team would like to have me in for an in person and I scheduled an appointment for Tuesday afternoon. I met with three AMAZING members of the NBC Sports Ad Ops team all asked behavioral questions, the conversation with the VP was the best and most comfortable more about getting to know me. Two days later (Thursday) I was contacted by another member of HR who requested I provide 3 references and schedule an appointment with the HR Director for the following Monday. HR Director for the Ad Ops team was so friendly and polite and just asked basic questions about my background and interests, again very conversational, and informed me that this was the last phase of the interview process. On Wednesday, I followed up with the HR point person and got an automated email informing me that she was out of town until the following week. Approx 10 minutes after I sent the message I got a call from the same individual telling me that I was being offered the position. NBC hands down has the kindest most professional and efficient HR teams (at least Ad Ops), best hiring experience I've ever had!

Interview Questions
    Not too much of a negotiation. This is an entry level position and I feel for the industry the offer was fair.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

After about a month, I was contacted by HR via email with some basic questions. They forwarded my information to a specific department. I was then called in for an interview with that department a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really ask me any questions other than my availability   Answer Question

Page Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

The interview process was discouraging. The first step, an introductory phone call, was the basic hiring questions that come from your resume. For example, tell us about your previous work, etc. The next interview was unexpected. I was asked to do a web cam interview. It would seem straightforward, but I found the web cam to be extremely impersonal. I was disappointed by this step.

Interview Questions
    • Sell NBCUniversal to potential clients in 1.5mins or less.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

interviewed at NBCUniversal in October 2014.

Applied and was contacted immediately by an HR rep via email. I was asked to take a webcam interview to be considered for the respective department. It was sort of annoying having to speak to a camera as opposed to a human being. The questions were pretty standard. The interview is timed but you are allowed practice and one redo.

NBC Digital Sales Planner Interview

Standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Very straightforward, interviewers were very nice. Lots of questions about former roles and future goals. I felt as ease the entire time. First two interviews are over the phone, and then I was asked in twice to the office to meet with future team members. Last interview is with HR

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

I received an email and two phone calls, promptly after my application informing me that I was accepted for an online interview. After a series of non-timed questions appeared on the screen before the interview. The actual interview recorded me answering three questions over webcam. I was able to redo my interview once before submitting it. Two weeks later, I followed up and learned that this pre-interview is used to send out to different applicable departments within the studio.

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2014.

Applied to the position online and was contacted by a coordinator. I was scheduled for an interview with a recruiter located in the Bay Area and was provided to a link that had a deck to their company's culture. There were some interview schedule mishaps, so by the time I connected with the recruiter, she seemed disinterested and fairly dismissive. During the course of the interview she did not refer to the extensive desk I was requested to become familiar with.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Process went smoothly. I received follow up when it was scheduled. The two people I interviewed with were responsive and respectful of my time. The first interview was a phone interview. I was brought into the office for two in person interviews. The interviews felt very casual and straight forward.