NBCUniversal

163 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – Day #1 Spoke with recruiter
Day #2 Phone Interview with QA Lead
Day #3 Went into Headquarters for an interview with the Director of QA and QA Manager
Day #4 Received an offer

Interview Question – Interview Question – How do you keep your interest in doing the job?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – It was extremely quick for me as I was already a head-runner and someone selected for the position. But for most, it's lengthy and grueling.

Interview Question – What could you approve upon in the workplace? What are negative qualities about yourself in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy. Went over compensation. They liked the amount of time I was willing/wanting to commit to working at this position. Done.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted application and resume online through the general Fall Internship Application. Was contacted by a recruiter but did not follow through with her. Then was contacted by the hiring manager separately. Went in for an interview with the hiring manager and got it.

Interview Question – Who would you shadow for a day if you had the chance to?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – I had three rounds of interviews, starting with a phone screening. The second round interview consisted of an in person interview with the head of HR and a hiring manager from the specific network. The third round was meeting with the executive of the department at the network and the HR person for the network.

Interview Question – There were not too many unexpected questions, just knowing your experience and how it applies to the company.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Security Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me about an opportunity with a large local company. I needed some basic income so we proceeded to an interview at their local corporate office. I met a few people, they asked how I felt about it and I said it felt good and that was it.

Interview Question – Nothing at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The price was set and we were good to go.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2013.

Interview Details – Went for and in-person interview, met with 4 different employees on the team.

Interview Question – Why NBC and not FOX/ABC/etc.?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – Fairly simple interviewing process. Screening call with an HR recruiter, during which she asked personality/behavioral questions, why I wanted to work at NBC Uni, etc. On-site interview with someone from the Sales Department, asking more behavioral questions and some questions about my undergraduate experience. Overall, fairly simple.

Interview Question – Name as many NBC-Univeral-affiliated companies as you know.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – I recently interviewed for the Sales Assistant position and it went extremely fast. This interview was done via webcam and I was given 6 questions.You have 30 secs to prep for the question and then 60 seconds to talk. There is no REDO The first question was a written question and it only asked, "What are your salary requirements?" The other questions are as follows: Why do you want to work in Sales? Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking. What is one academic or professional achievement that you are most proud of? Describe a time when you worked in a group, what was your role? What are your career goals?

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – Very friendly recruitment staff. Had an initial phone screening with Campus 2 Career team, and then had the opportunity to interview with the Vice Presidents of the department I was interested in.

Interview Question – Generic experience questions, Why am I interested in this department etc.   View Answer

Line Producer Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – First interview was over the phone. Second third and fourth interviews were on a set day. Take a full day to get through the interviews, they will keep you there. HR will do a personality test which is easy to answer. Be honest because you want to fit as much as they want to make sure you fit into the group. They asked me back 3 more times. In the end I did not get the gig, they wanted more ad agency experience than I offered.

Interview Question – there were no shocking questions. I guess I was a bit thrown with the constant asking if I had more ad agency work when clearly my resume stated I did not. Other than that it was all standard questions all very fair and fun.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at NBCUniversal