NBCUniversal

205 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – Interview process was very pleasant. I met with a recruiter, HR manager, hiring manager, and other employees all in the same day. Everyone was really nice. Most questions had to do with my work background, accomplishments, why I want to work for the company, and times I solved a challenge, etc. The rest was more about figuring out if my personality was a good fit for the office (small talk). Recruiters are very good at following up and getting back to you after the process.

Access Hollywood Editorial Interview

Access Hollywood Editorial

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – There was an initial interview with HR before I was brought into an in-person interview with my supervisor. It felt like a Super Saturday type interview where supervisors from different departments were all in one big room simultaneously interviewing potential interns. The interview was fairly straightforward and nothing unexpected. They asked about my editorial background and samples of stories I have written as well as samples of articles I would want to write for AH.

Interview Question – What kind of story would you pitch on your first day here?   Answer Question

Page Interview

Page
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied last winter by email and heard back the next day to arrange a phone interview. Received an offer for a final round interview in New York after 2 weeks, but didn't receive the exact date for the in-person panel for another 2 months. Panel consisted of group portion, individual portion, and 2-minute timed presentation. Received an offer exactly 9 weeks after my interview. Long process with many pieces that lasted 6 months total.

Interview Question – What is the biggest risk you've ever taken, and what did you learn from it?
Tell me about a piece of constructive criticism you've received recently.
What would your last supervisor say is something you need to improve upon?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating regarding pay with the Page program, but I was able to negotiate a longer period to consider my offer before accepting.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through NBCUniversal's own interface. I was emailed a few days after asking me to set up a phone interview. I was not in the US at the time, so I tried to schedule a Skype call. I do not recommend this. NBCU's HR is not equipped to handle Skype calls easily, although they did try to accommodate me.

Interview Question – Nothing really too difficult. I got tripped up when they asked the most generic question in the world: What do you know about NBCUniversal? Talk about a question with 1000 different answers.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on the NBC Careers website. It took about a month or so to hear back. First was a phone interview with a recruiter where we went into great detail regarding my background and experience as it relates to the job that I applied for. After this, I was extended an in-person interview with 2 managers and director of research. After three weeks, I was called back for a second round interview with the VP of research where I also met with the HR director to speak about the position and the culture of NBCU.

Interview Question – All of the questions asked were relevant to my background. This being the case, I did not feel that any question was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated and they were able to meet me in the middle.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and offered an interview. I took the interview and showed up on time to the offices. Members of the technical team asked me questions and I answered them the best I could.

Interview Question – Describe object oriented programming   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate

Very Easy Interview

Director, Digital Advertising Operations Interview

Director, Digital Advertising Operations
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an Human Resources rep for a phone screening. She was curt and seemed disinterested, as if she was on her way out the door to lunch and was just trying to check me off a list. The entire conversation - from introductions to "goodbye" was a total of 4 minutes. She asked all of, perhaps, three questions: Why I was looking, what my current salary was, and what my management style was.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. In fact, she asked very little about my experience. One of the only questions was: "describe your management style."   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Production Assistant

Interviewed at NBCUniversal

Interview Details – Easy interview process for interns; experience is needed/ college experience is fine. Good intern program / training, mentoring through staff and management. Would definitely suggest this internship to someone

Media Manager Interview

Media Manager
Phila, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – The interview process began with contact via email with the department head, then one meeting with in office with the department head. Afterwards, meeting to go over hiring paperwork with the HR department.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very plesant

Engineer Interview

Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to the position through their website. I was called by the hiring manager. We spoke briefly and he invited me over for in person interview. I was then called back to meet with his superior and with the HR manager for the group. Finally he called me with the offer. I had then to do background check and drug test.

Interview Question – How do you deal with people that will stab you in your back?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but I should have.