NBCUniversal Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I accepted a video interview and had to record answers to 5 questions. A month later, I interviewed over video chat with 3 different potential supervisors. Eventually I was offered a position over email.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online then got emails from several different HR people. I then had the opportunity to apply to several different departments, both news and production intern for a cable network. I had to take an online video interview for the news internship, which i thought was really awkward. I never heard back from that, and ended up getting the production internship through a normal interview.

Talent Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online in February and received an invitation for the inital screening in March. It was a video screening where you would record yourself answering a set of questions. First would be a practice round to ensure you understood how the interview would work. Once you started the actual interview, you would be shown the question for 30 seconds and have approximately 60 - 90 seconds to answer. I received my in-person interview invitation mid-April and scheduled for an interview during the following week. I interviewed with two individuals in the department and received a decision during the following week.

Advertising Sales Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process was a little different than the years before. This is my second semester interning at NBCUniversal and the process was easy but it was a little unorganized at first. I applied for the job online and then a month later received an e-mail asking to take an interview online. You answer questions to a webcam and then submit it and you have two chances to fix your answers. Once submitted, I did not hear anything for about a month and a half and by that time I was ready to take another offer. However, I heard back via e-mail saying I got the position and that I won't find out my placement for a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite NBCUniversal property and why?   Answer Question
    • What past work experience have you had that would relate to this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with basic questions about my GPA and background before a timed video interview that allowed a practice round before the answers were actually recorded. The questions were timed and the time varied by question, ranging from 30 seconds to 1:30. The questions from the practice round were the same as the real round, but the order varied.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Very smooth. Applied online, a month later, got a call from HR to set up phone interview. Once the phone interview passed, HR called again for an in-person interview. Then I got the internship after 2 months.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2015.

Interview

A Campus 2 Career recruiter came to my school and selected some students for 15 min interviews. Followed up the in person interview with a thank you email and note but didn't hear anything for a month and a half. I was then was contacted for a live feed, skype-type of interview. They got back to me within a week of the online interview with an answer.

Manager - Digital Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

All involved were very welcoming, very forthcoming with information regarding the position, the team, and the work environment. I met with five different members of the team in the span of three hours.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of something you had a chance to create as a solution to a problem?   1 Answer

Digital Design Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

met with my interviewer and answered basic questions about the position and my previous experience. everyone that i had met with was very friendly and made it a great environment to be in. interviewing process was very stress free and laid back. the questions were not hard to answer at all

Page Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I had a generally positive experience with the Page Program hiring process, the only frustration being its duration. I applied in June online, video interviewed in July, participated in an in-person panel interview in August, and heard back 9 weeks later in November. Once getting into the program there is an additional wait because you can only enter when a current Page leaves. The program administrator was generally very responsive and nice, answering emails promptly (besides within that 9 week period). At the panel interview, I got a similarly pleasant vibe from the other interviews and employees. I would suggest researching the program and company thoroughly online before your interviews, and a poised, well-articulated presentation seemed better received than theatrics in the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What is something you would implement to improve the company?   Answer Question