NBCUniversal Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Casper, WY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casper, WY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Initial communications were good. The front desk Administrative Assistant was very cordial and professional. Definitely a professional atmosphere. A tour of the facility was given after the interview and everyone was professional yet jovial.

Interview Questions
    This was a fixed hourly wage position.

Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Applied online through the C2C application. After a few weeks, was initially screened by HR and followed up about a month later with a video interview. A month after the video interview, and after receiving a false hiring due to a "systems glitch," interviewed with department head. A month later, and after many emails back and forth with HR about application status, got the hiring call from the department head previously interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, be able to talk about resume and past experiences.   Answer Question

Digital Media Delivery Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

First let me say that the guy that interviewed me was one of the most important people I have ever met. He started at the bottom, and with his skill, intelligence, and relentlessness, became the leader of the division. As I grew in my career, I found how important it was to fight for the guys under you just as hard as the guys above you. The interview wasn't so much about me, but a lot about where the team was headed. He was right all the way. In my three years of employment, everything he said that would happen, happened, and I had one of the most memorable experiences of my life. Hiring was fast and efficient. NBCUniversal is a perfect large sized technical company in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more of a feeler versus something that tested my technical skills. The interviewer was so good, asking me specific questions did not have to happen. It was like he could look at me and my posture and tell if I was right. I guess if he didn't like me, I would just be fired anyways....   Answer Question
    I knew how much the job was compensating initially. I was hired via a consulting company (Birlasoft) and the process was very simple.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

HR round. Was asked general questions: Tell me about your coursework? Discussion on projects. Discussion of the position. Discussion about the company. Languages preferred . Interviewer was friendly. Heard back from the company after 3 weeks.

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2013.

I interviewed for a position at one of NBC's cable networks. The HR contacts leading up to the interview were great to work with, and gave some helpful insights about what to expect. However, after interviewing, I didn't receive any update at all about the status of my application (and never did). A courtesy email, even if it had been an automated one, would have been greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't get any difficult questions. Simply, "what do you do day-to-day at your current job?"   Answer Question

Executive Assistant for Network Television Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2011.

I had worked as a temporary employee through an agency for 2 years before being offered a permanent position. I completed testing at the agency for my computer skills. I temped in various departments throughout the company. Most of the jobs that I filled-in for were for employees on maternity leave.

I was given the salary I asked for. No problem.

C2C Internship Program Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Submitted application through employee referral, was contacted for an interview a week later. Did a virtual interview, then didn't hear back for about a month and a half. Was chosen to interview for a position within NBCUniversal/Universal Studios (2-on-1 phone conversation), but didn't hear the results of that for another two weeks. Overall, interviewing was a long process with limited communication in between.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Applied through online and got a phone call from HR. After interview, I was told that she would send my information to the different departments. I waited for more than two weeks and even followed up but recruiter couldn't help me because the department had not contacted her.

Communications Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2013.

First was contacted by an HR person for a quick phone screening. Mostly talked about my experience and what the job would be like. Then about 3 weeks later was contacted by a different HR person to set up another phone interview with the Senior VP of Communciations. My interview was supposed to be at 9am, they didn't call until 9:30 and told me they needed to push it back until 10. I didn't get a call until 11:15 am and thats when the interview happened which definitely threw me off a bit. I then got an automated email 2 weeks later that the position had been filled.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2011.

I was contacted by the recruiter for a phone interview with the hiring manager. I spoke with him for about 25 minutes. Three weeks after the phone interview the recruiter called to ask if I could meet the hiring manager in and VP in New York for a in person interview. Then 3 weeks after that they flew me down to Orlando for an onsite interview where I met with the other managers and directors in the department.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with conflicting priorities. How did you determine the top priority?   Answer Question