NBCUniversal Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.8

Production Assistant Interview

Easy interview process for interns; experience is needed/ college experience is fine. Good intern program / training, mentoring through staff and management. Would definitely suggest this internship to someone

Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

The interview process began with contact via email with the department head, then one meeting with in office with the department head. Afterwards, meeting to go over hiring paperwork with the HR department.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    Very plesant

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in October 2011.

I applied to the position through their website. I was called by the hiring manager. We spoke briefly and he invited me over for in person interview. I was then called back to meet with his superior and with the HR manager for the group. Finally he called me with the offer. I had then to do background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with people that will stab you in your back?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate but I should have.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Casper, WY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casper, WY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Initial communications were good. The front desk Administrative Assistant was very cordial and professional. Definitely a professional atmosphere. A tour of the facility was given after the interview and everyone was professional yet jovial.

Interview Questions
    This was a fixed hourly wage position.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Applied online through the C2C application. After a few weeks, was initially screened by HR and followed up about a month later with a video interview. A month after the video interview, and after receiving a false hiring due to a "systems glitch," interviewed with department head. A month later, and after many emails back and forth with HR about application status, got the hiring call from the department head previously interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, be able to talk about resume and past experiences.   Answer Question

Digital Media Delivery Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

First let me say that the guy that interviewed me was one of the most important people I have ever met. He started at the bottom, and with his skill, intelligence, and relentlessness, became the leader of the division. As I grew in my career, I found how important it was to fight for the guys under you just as hard as the guys above you. The interview wasn't so much about me, but a lot about where the team was headed. He was right all the way. In my three years of employment, everything he said that would happen, happened, and I had one of the most memorable experiences of my life. Hiring was fast and efficient. NBCUniversal is a perfect large sized technical company in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more of a feeler versus something that tested my technical skills. The interviewer was so good, asking me specific questions did not have to happen. It was like he could look at me and my posture and tell if I was right. I guess if he didn't like me, I would just be fired anyways....   Answer Question
    I knew how much the job was compensating initially. I was hired via a consulting company (Birlasoft) and the process was very simple.

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

HR round. Was asked general questions: Tell me about your coursework? Discussion on projects. Discussion of the position. Discussion about the company. Languages preferred . Interviewer was friendly. Heard back from the company after 3 weeks.

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2013.

I interviewed for a position at one of NBC's cable networks. The HR contacts leading up to the interview were great to work with, and gave some helpful insights about what to expect. However, after interviewing, I didn't receive any update at all about the status of my application (and never did). A courtesy email, even if it had been an automated one, would have been greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't get any difficult questions. Simply, "what do you do day-to-day at your current job?"   Answer Question

Executive Assistant for Network Television Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2011.

I had worked as a temporary employee through an agency for 2 years before being offered a permanent position. I completed testing at the agency for my computer skills. I temped in various departments throughout the company. Most of the jobs that I filled-in for were for employees on maternity leave.

I was given the salary I asked for. No problem.

C2C Internship Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Submitted application through employee referral, was contacted for an interview a week later. Did a virtual interview, then didn't hear back for about a month and a half. Was chosen to interview for a position within NBCUniversal/Universal Studios (2-on-1 phone conversation), but didn't hear the results of that for another two weeks. Overall, interviewing was a long process with limited communication in between.